watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

n this sort of game you need players that can make a difference and we didn't

Started by DevonFFC, July 07, 2011, 10:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

Taken from Jol's post match interviews, i think he has now realised we need a natural goal scorer

THANK GOD

Scrumpy

Quote from: ollienixs on July 07, 2011, 10:48:25 PM
Taken from Jol's post match interviews, i think he has now realised we need a natural goal scorer

THANK GOD

I think he has made a couple of references, in the programme and also in interviews, to having players that can 'change a game' or 'make a difference'. He sees Dembele as one such player, and Duff is another. Maybe Bobby too. I reckon he will bring in one or two more similar players. It's certainly his style, either with wingers or full-backs bombing forward.

Give him time.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Mr Fulham

I thought the same when I read the interview. 082.gif

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 08, 2011, 12:00:53 AM

The question though is who? Defoe?
FTID

Mr Fulham

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on July 08, 2011, 12:15:13 AM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 08, 2011, 12:00:53 AM

The question though is who? Defoe?

Can't see us paying the wages Defoe wants.....I think we have to wait and see what happens. I really don't know how big Jol's transfer budget is...

LRCN

this isnt about players tha makea  difference, 10 robbie savages and tony warner could have convincingly won that game nsi are that poor

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: Lork on July 08, 2011, 03:22:06 AM
this isnt about players tha makea  difference, 10 robbie savages and tony warner could have convincingly won that game nsi are that poor

091.gif hahahaha
The Dude abides.

MJG

We are a good solid team, but as we all know we lack that something extra to take teams apart and we lack pace as well.
This is all a learning curve for Jol as well and i'm sure over the next couple of months he will bring in a player or two who can change a game and make that final pass.

Quills

Let's not forget that 'our player who makes a difference' with a killer pass is often that too-old, legs-have-gone, needs-replacing immediately weak link in midfield... Danny Murphy! 

Agree it would be nice to have someone like Defoe on the end of the pass though.

JBH

Quote from: Quills on July 08, 2011, 09:03:13 AM
Let's not forget that 'our player who makes a difference' with a killer pass is often that too-old, legs-have-gone, needs-replacing immediately weak link in midfield... Danny Murphy! 

Agree it would be nice to have someone like Defoe on the end of the pass though.

Also Clint Dempsey, Moussa Dembele and Simon Davies were not playing all 3 of which bring that creative edge to the side

epsomraver

Quote from: JBH on July 08, 2011, 09:42:05 AM
Quote from: Quills on July 08, 2011, 09:03:13 AM

Also Clint Dempsey, Moussa Dembele and Simon Davies were not playing all 3 of which bring that creative edge to the side

This means Jol feels we do not have depth in the squad, ie when key players are out we are cattled!

SWwhite

epsomraver

Jol said he will be back in a week or so, all still to do with his ankle injury last season, a knock on a knock takes time, he was playing with painkillers towards the end of last season.

LordNelson

You know, like a Clint Dempsey type player.................................
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

epsomraver

Quote from: LordNelson on July 08, 2011, 01:05:10 PM
You know, like a Clint Dempsey type player.................................

We could quite easily miss him but Smurf or BZ and Hangeland  no.

LordNelson

"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

The Bronsons

LordNelson

I guess because of foolish comments like we can easily miss the team's leading goal scorer and player of the season in a game against a much lower quality club where we................didn't score any goals.