more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (11/07/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 11, 2011, 07:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

More on Stockdale!

Sky Sports are reporting that Swansea have had a bid for David Stockdale turned down.

The bid is thought to be in the region of £3 million and was to secure the services of our young keeper.

The satellite channel is subsequently reporting that Stockdale has admitted he wouldn`t mind a move to the Liberty Stadium, on loan, to get some first team football.

We`ll keep a watch on this one as it could have some more mileage in it!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=246855#ixzz1Rm92GByl

WhiteJC

Wobbling Summer Party
by LORK on JULY 10, 2011

I bailed out of the Football Supporters Federation Parliment early yesterday (thanks alot to Dan for inviting me, it was really interesting) to go see the stiffs down at Kingsmeadow because I knew I wouldnt get much chance to see them and it's a new ground and team to tick off. You got to take anything you see at a reserve game with a pinch of salt but even still it was quite interesting to see some reserves and youth players  making the step up.

I'll start off with the game itself. I really dont know how we lost this, Stockdale didn't have a save to make and the two goals were down to appauling defending and rank bad luck as we first failed to clear a corner somehow letting Brett Johnson smash home from close range before Stockdale was entirely wrong footed by a wicked deflection from Charles Ademeno's shot. We were clearly the superior team (although AFC Wimbledon weren't too bad and they might be ok next season) and rarely troubled other than a couple of break aways and dangerous crosses into the box. We played some nice stuff and were much better technically but as per in pre-season games it was not as sharp as one would expect. At the end of the day the result was largely down to some poor finishing as we managed to carve out a fair few chances and got into promising positions numerous times but couldn't score. The result was poor but the performance promising. I'll take the optimistic view that the trend of not finishing chances in our games so far is down to lack of sharpness and we should focus more on the overall performance, for now.

As for the individual players, starting off with the players we're familiar with. Baird and Hughes were their usual selves, assured. Murphy I thought was uncharacteristically quiet in the first half but picked up in the second. Stockdale really had very little to do, when he did it he did it compitently apart from one incident where the AFC Wimbledon left winger beat the Fulham defender (Baird I think it was and by accident too, he tried to do a stepover and stumbled over the ball) and cut the ball back from the byline, Stockdale could only palm it out and after a goalmouth scramble they had a tame shot cleared off the line but that was about all the trouble he was caused and his distribution was again very impressive. Riise was disappointing, I was expecting him to make an impression but he did very little before being subbed early in the second half. Rarely beat his man or put in a good cross. Halliche was even worse; in the air he dealt with everything well but gave the ball away poorly a few times and was caught hopelessly out of position twice, leaving loads of space for the runner to go into, not to mention being beaten once very very easily one on one. I'm really unsure about him to be honest, I've never been impressed.

Now for the youngsters. At left back we had Alex Smith, an academy graduate who I think went out to the Faroes on thursday. He didn't seem out of place at all, making alot of forward runs and linking with Frei well. Seemed defensively competent but there will be bigger tests to come. Upfront we started with Trotta, who only played the first half, and Dalla Valle, who played the whole 90 minutes. Trotta played on the entirely other side of the pitch so I can't really judge him too much, only that he looks strong and imposing without knowing how to use it best yet I think, and showed some good technical ability when he danced around a couple of AFC wimbledon players into the box when he really should have scored. He also missed another sitter when Frei's (who looks very very good, more on him later) shot bounced off the post and he fluffed the rebound. Again like with Trotta my view of Dalla Valle wasn't great in the first half but I saw him better in the second and he looks pretty good, sprightly with some technical competance but in a couple of key moments when he had the opportunity to make goal scoring chances his first touch let him down really badly. Sometimes it was impressive so maybe it shows a lack of composure, although when he had a chance to score one on one he executed it fine with a nice lob over the advancing keeper, only to have a defender clear off the line. His passing was fairly good too. Replacing Trotta upfront was Danny Hoesen who was on the bench for our last home game of last season. He seemed to add more attacking impetus to our game and we caused notably more of a threat in the second half because of it I thought. Not as strong but quick and seemed to get involved with the midfield much more with his back to goal. Technically he looks pretty good and fired a couple of shots at goal including a free kick that bent round the wall that the keeper had to dive quickly to get to. Probably the most impressive of our three young forwards.

In midfield we saw Donegan start alongisde Murphy in midfield. In the first half Donegan impressed me, with his willingness to take posession, often coming deep to take the ball off the defence, and making short incisive passes, keeping the ball and attacking momentum. He also showed a bit of flair and good close control when he skipped past two or three AFC Wimbledon defenders. Second half he didn't seem to make the same impact and I didn't really notice him and was replaced with eight minutes to go. Karim Frei started on the left hand side of midfield and was probably the star of the show and it is hard to believe that he is only 17. He looks quick and even more skillfull, capable of beating a defender with a trick at will. In the first half he ran at the defence numerous times and it is the first time for a while that I was thinking 'get the ball out to him he can make something happen'  about a Fulham player. Clearly favours his right foot and so doesn't go outside when it seems like the better option and his left foot could do with some work itself, but looks very talented. In the second half he faded for the first twenty minutes or so, seemingly trying too hard or too much and it not coming off, he was visably getting frustrated, but when he cut inside and beat two defenders to win a free kick just outside of the box he seemed to get his confidence back and become involved in the game again. Really exciting prospect, I look forward to seeing Frei more for the first team and I won't be suprised to see him be a regular on the bench in the cups and perhaps even the league towards spring.

The last two players to mention are Keanu Marsh Brown and Courtney Harris (ex school mate, didn't know him personally mind he was in the year below. Next player out of Chiswick after Carlton Cole perhaps?). Marsh-Brown came on for Riise on the right side of midfield (after making his name as a right back it seems like this is now his position) and made in general a much more positive impact in the game I thought. Like Frei he looks quick, perhaps a little stronger too but not as tricky, and offers something different since his foot matches his favourite side. He managed to outpace the AFC Wimbledon left back easily enough but his crossing wasn't always top notch so while he stretched the defence he didn't offer much end product himself. He seems like he has a powerful shot though, having a few drives from distance, and also drifts inside with the ball somtimes which is positive to see (not much with his left foot though but it keeps the defender on his toes). With two players on both flanks that could beat players easily and were willing to run at the defence it was very fresh to see! Harris only played eight minutes so I can't really judge him although he did seem to make more forward runs to pick up possession than Donegan which probably comes from originating as a winger, and often popped up near Marsh Brown.

All in all it was worth watching, and we do have some exciting prospect for sure. Don't look too much into the result because it's incredibly deceiving.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/07/wobbling-summer-party/?

WhiteJC

Fulham linked with Swiss midfielder
by DAN on JULY 10, 2011

Reports in Italy have linked Fulham with a bid for Palermo midfielder Patjim Kasami.

The 19 year-old has impressed since joining the Sicilian club last summer and established himself as a regular fixture in the first-team squad, making fourteen league appearances. Kasami also featured in Palermo's Europa League campaign last term and was one of the stars of Switzerland's run to the final of the European under-21 Championships this summer.

Kasami has had a brief spell in England before with Liverpool, who were unable to get a work permit to retain the youngster. Fulham would have to fight off interest from newly-promoted Navara, who remain favourites to land Kasami. A transfer does appear on the cards as the Macedonian-born midfielder doesn't feature in new Palermo manager Stefano Pioli's plans. A bright prospect, Kasami can play either as an orthodox central midfielder or as an attacking midfielder in the hole.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/07/fulham-linked-with-swiss-midfielder/?

WhiteJC

Fulham goalkeeper David Stockdale keen on Swansea switch

FULHAM goalkeeper David Stockdale has confirmed his interest in a loan move to Swansea City.

Stockdale – who was drafted into the England squad by Fabio Capello last season – is still keen on a switch to South Wales despite Swansea signing Benfica goalkeeper Jose Moreira on Friday.

It is understood Swans boss Brendan Rodgers is in the market for another goalkeeper following the loss of Dorus de Vries to Wolves and doubts over the future of Yves Ma-Kalambay, who is out of contract this summer.

Swansea have made an enquiry for Stockdale and, while Rodgers is eager to tie up a permanent deal, Fulham boss Martin Jol is only willing to sanction a season-long loan stay.

Asked if he fancied a move to Swansea, the 25-year-old Stockdale replied: "Definitely. What a club to go to. They've just come up. It would suit me down to the ground."

Stockdale made seven Premier League appearances last term with Australian veteran Mark Schwarzer getting the bulk of the playing time when former Wales boss Mark Hughes was in charge at Craven Cottage.

But, with ex-Spurs boss Jol succeeding Hughes, the Cottagers are closing in on the capture of Hungarian goalkeeper Csaba Somogyi and Stockdale is keen to play more games.

The ex-Darlington shot-stopper is keen to stay in the Premier League, though he would be willing to consider the Championship for regular football.

"I think (Jol) might stay with Mark, which is understandable, so it might be a chance for me to go out on loan," he said.

"They've signed a new goalkeeper, so hopefully that paves the way for a loan move. I want to play games.

"It's not about being part of the Premier League and sitting on the bench.

"It's nice, don't get me wrong, but I want to be playing games.

"If there isn't a Premier League option, I might have to go down the league.

"The chairman (Mohammed Al-Fayed) has passed the word that he doesn't want to sell me.

"I just have to get on with it. I like it here.

"I've been here three years now. I've had to prove myself time and time again. I've just got to keep working hard."

Moreira's arrival was Rodgers' third signing of the summer following the acquisitions of record £3m striker Danny Graham, from Watford, and on loan Spurs defender Steven Caulkin.

But Rodgers – who has seen Spanish pair Angel Rangel and Andrea Orlandi agree new contracts – has revealed he is still looking to add up to four players to his newly-promoted squad for next season.

"It was disappointing to see some guys leave, but that is part and parcel of football," said Rodgers.

"The focus for us has been to keep the likes of Angel and Andrea and convince them to commit to the club. which I was delighted with.

"And, of course, we needed to add further quality to this squad of special players.

"We needed to look at the attacking options, and we addressed it by bringing Danny in. That was a major signing for us.

"I think we needed to strengthen at the back too, and Steven's arrival will do just that. "He is a quality young player with a hunger to succeed in the game.

"With Dorus gone, we have had to look at the goalkeeping issue and Jose's signing bolsters that department.

"I'd say we are still looking for three or four players to add to the team, so things are going along nicely.

"It is certainly not uncommon for clubs to be well into their pre-season plans and then sign players, which could well be the situation for us.

"I'm happy with the way things are going."

Swansea players return to training today ahead of the new season and Neil Taylor, the Wales left-back coveted by Newcastle United, will be among the squad.

Taylor has been the subject of a £1.1m bid from Newcastle with the Geordies believing that offer has activated a release clause in the 22-year-old's contract.

But Swansea insist that bid only allows the Magpies to talk to their player – and chairman Huw Jenkins has no interest in selling at that price.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/swansea-city-fc/2011/07/11/fulham-goalkeeper-david-stockdale-keen-on-swansea-switch-91466-29030273/?#ixzz1RmAGiNVN

WhiteJC

QPR weighing up move for Bullard

Hull have confirmed that QPR are interested in signing wantaway midfielder Jimmy Bullard.

Bullard has been hotly-tipped to leave the KC Stadium this summer after spending the second-half of last season on loan at Ipswich.

And City's head of football operations Adam Pearson has acknowledged that the Premier League newcomers QPR have been in touch, but have yet to follow up their initial inquiry with a bid.

Pearson said: "The situation with Jimmy is that he's gone on the pre-season trip to Slovenia as part of the first-team squad and I genuinely can't see that changing.

"We've had a bit of interest from QPR, as has been widely reported, but that hasn't come to anything. Jimmy is fit, he's come back in good shape and he's part of the first-team plans for sure. He looks to have a smile on his face and let's hope he can play a part for us."

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/8935/8/qpr-weighing-move-bullard

WhiteJC

Sven eyes Kon job

SVEN GORAN ERIKSSON is set to rescue Paul Konchesky from his Liverpool nightmare with a £1.5million swoop.

The defender has been told he can leave Anfield after one disastrous season.

And Leicester chief Eriksson wants Konchesky, 30, to boost his bid to reach the top flight.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3687203/Sven-Goran-Eriksson-wants-Paul-Konchesly-at-Leicester.html#ixzz1RmBcqUQW

WhiteJC

Villa, Fulham and QPR race to sign Blackpool star

THE Seasiders have allowed DJ Campbell to miss their training camp in Portugal to sort out his future.

The striker asked for permission to stay at home and is expected to leave the club in the next couple of weeks.

Chairman Karl Oyston has admitted as much (see page 44) and Campbell has told manager Ian Holloway he wants to stay in the Premier League.

QPR are the frontrunners to sign the 29-year-old, although Fulham and Aston Villa are also thought to have expressed an interest.

West Ham also want to sign a striker who scored more goals in the top flight last season (13), than any other Englishman bar Darren Bent – but Campbell won't go to Upton Park as they, like Pool, have been relegated.

The Seasiders cannot prevent him leaving as interested parties need only to bid £1.25m to trigger a release clause in his contract.

Campbell became the Seasiders' record signing when he moved from Leicester for precisely that sum last August.

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/villa_fulham_and_qpr_race_to_sign_blackpool_star_1_3565733

WhiteJC

Palace boss confident new signing Dikgacoi has all the attributes to succeed at SE25

DOUGIE Freedman is convinced he has landed a huge bargain after completing the signing of Kagisho Dikgacoi and has told Eagles fans they haven't seen the best of the South African international.

The powerful midfielder agreed to a permanent switch from Fulham on Monday and signed a three year contract with Palace in a deal that cost £400,000 up front with an additional £300,000 to be paid based upon appearances.

The 26-year-old, known commonly as KG, impressed while on loan at Selhurst Park at the back end of last season and we revealed last month that the Bafana Bafana star was high on the Eagles list of summer targets.

Freedman was pleased with the impact Dikgacoi had in helping Palace stave off the threat of relegation to League One, but feels that he will be an even better performer in this forthcoming campaign.

"He's my type of player," the Eagles manager lauded. "I'm very pleased to have got him in.

"He did well for us when he came in last season but to be honest I don't think we really got to see the real KG then.

"Because of the position we were in in the league and the players we had available he had to sit quite deep and play more of a holding role.

"But really he's a player who likes to get forward and hopefully we will see a lot more of that next season.

"He's only 26 years of age and will get better and better with the more games he gets. I persuaded the chairman to buy him because at that age I really see it as a sound investment for the football club."

Dikgacoi is determined to make the move a success and refused to rule out a push for promotion, despite Palace's lowly finish in the Championship last season.

"I'm happy to be back," he said. "My aim is to help the team achieve what we want to achieve. The aim for me has to be the Premier League.

"Why not? We have a good bunch of players here and I feel we are capable of doing that.

"We did well at the end of last season and I think we can build on that and keep going forward."

Freedman was disappointed to lose midfielder Neil Danns to Leicester City last week, but he stressed the importance of only having players in his team that want to play for Crystal Palace.

And Dikagacoi's desire to return to south London was another crucial factor in the decision to bring him back.

"I can't get that point across enough," said the Eagles boss.

"I'm not interested in having players here who aren't happy. I only want guys who have a desire to play for Crystal Palace and KG has that.

"He wanted to come here and help us try and get as high up the table next season as possible.

"I'm interested in players who want to be here and will add value and quality to the squad. I think KG ticks all those boxes."

http://www.thisissurreytoday.co.uk/story-12906568-detail/story.html?

WhiteJC

Stoke 'pip QPR and Fulham to Carlton Cole signing'
Stoke have won the battle to sign Carlton Cole from West Ham, in a deal thought to be worth around £4.5million.

The 27-year-old has been linked with a move to the Potters since the Hammers' relegation from the Premier League, and now it seems Tony Pulis' side have finally beaten Fulham and QPR to the signing of the big striker.

Chairman Peter Coates recently admitted Stoke's interest in the England international, saying: 'Cole's a player the club is interested in and Tony (Pulis) has liked him for a long time, we think he's a very good player.

'It's not done and dusted but it's work in progress.'

Former Tottenham defender Jonathan Woodgate is another player on the radar at the Britannia Stadium, but Coates admits the Potters would be 'taking a risk' by snapping up the injury-prone defender.

Woodgate was released by Spurs last month after three frustrating years at White Hart Lane where he only managed 49 appearances.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/868922-stoke-pip-qpr-and-fulham-to-carlton-cole-signing#ixzz1Rmi2ZAAd

WhiteJC

Swansea City set to miss out on Fulham keeper

MARTIN Jol has warned David Stockdale he will only be allowed to leave Craven Cottage if the deal is right for Fulham.

The young keeper is wanted by Swansea City and a string of Championship clubs, with the 25-year-old open to a move to the Liberty Stadium.

But Jol has ruled out lending his number two to their Premier League rivals because he can't include a recall clause in the deal.

He told the Chronicle: "It's good for him to play every week but it's about the club.

"There's quite a few parties interested. He's a good young keeper but lacks experience which hopefully he can get.

"I would prefer to loan him to a Championship club because we can include a 24-hour recall clause."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/07/11/swansea-city-set-to-miss-out-on-fulham-keeper-82029-29031551/?#ixzz1RmiP2VdB

WhiteJC

Jol plans partnership with RKC Waalwijk
by DAN on JULY 11, 2011

Martin Jol is planning a partnership with RKC Waalwijk, which would see some of his new club's young talent head out to Holland on loan.

The Brabants Dagblad says that RKC coach Ruud Brood attended Fulham's defeat at AFC Wimbledon on Saturday, in which a number of Fulham's youngsters played. Jol has already talked about his plans to send some of the club's promising youngsters out on loan:

If you have a lot of youngsters who are probably not involved every week, I think you have to find a situation where they can play every week. So there will be a couple of players going out on loan. Hopefully I can send out 2-3 in Holland because that's a very good competition to play in for young players.

RKC won the Dutch first division last season and are currently planning for their first campaign back in the top flight.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/07/jol-plans-partnership-with-rkc-waalwijk/?

WhiteJC

Fulham 'favourites' to sign Bendtner?
by DAN on JULY 11, 2011

Fulham are favourites to sign Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner, according to a Danish sports website.

Bendtner was rumoured to be on the brink of leaving Arsenal over the weekend after Arsene Wenger left the striker out of his squad for the club's pre-season tour of Asia. Sky Sports then reported that Bendtner was in negotiations with an unnamed Premier League club.

Sporten are suggesting that Fulham and Aston Villa are interested in signing the 23 year-old. They suggest that Fulham hold the advantage as Bendtner is keen not to uproot his young family from London, but the stumbling block could come over what type of deal Martin Jol is planning. Fulham are unable to meet Arsenal's valuation of £8m and a proposed loan move would be dependent on Arsenal continuing to pay a potion of the player's £50,000-a-week wages. The most likely deal would be a loan with a view to a permanent transfer.

Bendtner has scored thirteen goals in 48 appearances in his six years at Arsenal, although he did spend a season on loan at Birmingham. The striker has become frustrated with his lack of first-team football at the Emirates and declared his intention to look for a new club should he not been guaranteed regular football back in February.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/07/fulham-favourites-to-sign-bendtner/?

WhiteJC

Fixture News

The Club can confirm fixture changes to three of Fulham's Barclays Premier League matches in 2011 after selection for broadcast.

One further fixture in 2011, the West London derby at Stamford Bridge on Boxing Day, will now be played at 1pm rather than 3pm.

Further ahead in 2012, Fulham's fixture against Liverpool at Anfield on Saturday 14th April will now kick-off at 12.45pm, rather than 3pm as previously scheduled, due to the Grand National taking place on the same day.
TV Selections:

Fulham v Blackburn Rovers
Sunday 11th September 2011
KO 4pm
Live on Sky Sports
(Previously scheduled for Saturday 10th September / KO 3pm)

Fulham V Tottenham Hotspur
Sunday 6th November 2011
KO 4pm
Live on Sky Sports
(Previously scheduled for Saturday 5th November / KO 3pm)

Arsenal v Fulham
Saturday 26th November 2011
KO 5.30pm
Live on ESPN
(Previously 3pm on the 26th November)
Fixture Amendments:

Chelsea v Fulham
Monday 26th December 2011
KO 1pm
(Previously scheduled for 3pm KO on the 26th December)

Liverpool v Fulham
Saturday 14th April 2012
KO 12.45pm
(Previously scheduled for 3pm / Grand National)

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/July/FixtureNews.aspx?#ixzz1RnAC9zVV

WhiteJC

AFC Wimbledon 2 Fulham XI 0

A strong Fulham XI lost 2-0 in a friendly against AFC Wimbledon at Kingsmeadow this afternoon as the likes of Danny Murphy and Aaron Hughes lined-up for the Barclays Premier League side.

Brett Johnson and Charles Ademeno both scored in the second half for the npower League Two newcomers as they saw off a Fulham side containing Murphy and Hughes as well as Chris Baird, Bjorn Helge Riise and reported Swansea target David Stockdale.

Martin Jol's side have already started their competitive season after seeing off Faroe Islands outfit NSI Runavik in the first qualifying round of the Europa League and their friendly programme will be used to help players back to full fitness ahead of the new Premier League season.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/fulham/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/07/09/SOCCER_Fulham.html

WhiteJC

Somogyi Signs

Fulham Football Club can confirm that Hungarian goalkeeper Csaba Somogyi has signed a one-year deal with the Club ahead of the 2011/12 campaign.

The 26-year-old stopper is Martin Jol's first signing as Fulham manager, with the Club now boasting an impressive array of talent in the goalkeeper department.

Somogyi previously played for Hungarian side Rakospalotai EAC and impressed Manager Martin Jol during a trial period at his former club Ajax in 2010.

Following a successful trial period at Fulham last week, the six-foot-three inch keeper put pen-to-paper on a deal as a free agent with Fulham on Monday morning. The Club has the option to extend Somogyi's deal at the Cottage by a further year until 2013.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/July/SomogyiSigns.aspx?#ixzz1RnFJ8UTy

WhiteJC

Fulham's clash with rivals Chelsea to be shown on television

The Cottagers will take on Chelsea on Boxing Day in what is sure to be a keenly contest contest.

Fulham also face Blackburn on Sunday September 11 and London rivals Spurs at Craven Cottage on Sunday, November 6.

Fulham v Blackburn Rovers

Sunday 11th September 2011

KO 4pm

Live on Sky Sports

(Previously scheduled for Saturday 10th September / KO 3pm)

Fulham V Tottenham Hotspur

Sunday 6th November 2011

KO 4pm

Live on Sky Sports

(Previously scheduled for Saturday 5th November / KO 3pm)

Arsenal v Fulham

Saturday 26th November 2011

KO 5.30pm

Live on ESPN

(Previously 3pm on the 26th November)

Fixture Amendments:

Chelsea v Fulham

Monday 26th December 2011

KO 1pm

(Previously scheduled for 3pm KO on the 26th December)

Liverpool v Fulham

Saturday 14th April 2012

KO 12.45pm

(Previously scheduled for 3pm / Grand National

http://www.london24.com:80/sport/fulham/fulham_s_clash_with_rivals_chelsea_to_be_shown_on_television_1_959090?

WhiteJC

Send Us Your Faroes Photos!

Were you one of the dedicated 36 Fulham fans who traveled to the Faroe Islands to watch the team take on NSI Runavik last week?

If so, we'd love to share your experience of the unique setting and stunning scenery with everyone else.

Please send any photos you have from the trip to [email protected], along with brief captions, and we'll feature the best in next Thursday's matchday programme for the home match against Crusaders FC.

The closing date for submissions is Friday 15th July at 12pm. We look forward to seeing your snaps!

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/July/EuropaFansPhotos.aspx?#ixzz1RnW6YVML

WhiteJC

Cottagers capture Somogyi
Keeper pens one-year contract at Craven Cottage

Fulham have confirmed that Hungarian keeper Csaba Somogyi has joined the club on a one-year deal.

The 26-year-old revealed last week that he had spent time on trial with the Cottagers and had been offered a permanent deal.

Fulham boss Martin Jol opted to bring Somogyi over to England after being impressed with him during his time in charge at Ajax.
He becomes the Dutchman's first signing of the summer and will add to the impressive keeping ranks at Craven Cottage.

Somogyi previously turned out for Hungarian side Rakospalotai EAC and arrives in the Premier League eager to make his mark in a major European league.

Confirming the signing on the club's official website, a statement from Fulham read: "Following a successful trial period at Fulham last week, the six-foot-three inch keeper put pen-to-paper on a deal as a free agent with Fulham on Monday morning.

"The club has the option to extend Somogyi's deal at the Cottage by a further year until 2013."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_7032064,00.html?

WhiteJC

Rock the Csaba! Jol makes keeper first signing to pave way for Stockdale exit

Fulham have confirmed Hungarian goalkeeper Csaba Somogyi as Martin Jol's first signing, paving the way for No 2 David Stockdale to leave Craven Cottage on loan this summer.

The 25-year-old former Darlington keeper, who was named in Fabio Capello's England squad last season, has welcomed a switch to Barclays Premier League newcomers Swansea.

He said at the weekend: 'They've just come up. It would suit me down to the ground.

On his way: David Stockdale could be heading for a loan switch to Swansea following the arrival of new boy Somogyi

'I think (Jol) might stay with Mark (Schwarzer), which is understandable, so it might be a chance for me to go out on loan.'

'They've signed a new goalkeeper (Csaba Somogyi), so hopefully that paves the way for a loan move. I want to play games.'

Somogyi, 26, will act as cover for first choice Mark Schwarzer signing a one-year deal on a free transfer.

First choice: Martin Jol's first signing Somogyi will act as No 1 Mark Schwarzer's understudy

The ex-Rakospalotai EAC shot-stopper initially impressed new boss Jol during a trial at the Dutchman's former club Ajax in 2010 and won his contract at Fulham after a similar period last week.

And should six-foot three-inch Somogyi fare well in the Premier League Fulham have the option to extend his terms for a further season until 2013.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2013456/Csaba-Somogyi-joins-Fulham.html#ixzz1Rne8psfR

WhiteJC

Stockdale bid refused by Fulham

Premiership newcomers Swansea City have failed with a £2m bid for former York City goalkeeper David Stockdale.

The 25-year-old has found first-team opportunities limited at Craven Cottage despite making the full England squad and has since become a target of the Welsh club.

Their manager Brendan Rodgers has already brought in keeper Jose Moreira from Benfica to replace Dorus de Vries, who has recently moved onto Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Stockdale originally joined Fulham from Darlington three years ago but has largely featured as understudy to Australian international Mark Schwarzer, managing only thirteen appearances in West London.

He has also had loan spells at Leicester City, Rotherham United and Plymouth Argyle after leaving Bootham Crescent in August 2006.

Read more: http://www.york.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=246938#ixzz1RnegNloI