watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Public pursuit of players

Started by Jack Fulham, July 12, 2011, 09:23:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fulham

Seeing Modric to Chelsea all over the press has made Spurs label them classless which indeed they're. However, didn't Spurs do exactly same thing with David Bentley and Steed Malbranque? I remember Saha to United was all over the press as well. I can't quite remember us doing this with any player.

TonyGilroy

The players we shop for aren't high profile enough to cause much interest in the press.

Airfix

Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 12, 2011, 09:29:15 AM

The players we shop for aren't high profile enough to cause much interest in the press.

Edwin Van Der Sar?

TonyGilroy

And that was a major shock.

Nothing like it since or likely to be.

Airfix

The thing with Fulham is that we never disclose (officially) values of players bought and sold unless the other party is quoted on the Stock Exchange, where we have to by law.  I think it is just the club's nature to be cautious in its dealings and to let the newspapers speculate all they like.

I am happy with that.

Jimpav

The Peter Crouch affair seemed to be fairly public.

Unfortunately we don't have the money to do any serious tapping up though.

The plus side is that we don't attract any nailed on mercenaries that would drop any loyalty to their team at the first snff of a big contract. Strange that Modric has gone from signing a 5 year contract at Spurs to bitterly complaining about not being allowed to leave for Chelsea.