watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stevenage vs Fulham XI (Sunday)

Started by leonffc, July 13, 2011, 07:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

I know that it will be the development squad and U18's etc but is anyone bothering?
I might as i'm near Stevenage (I said near, not in Mr Corked Hat) but £12 is a bit steep considering its a fiver to a Europa game on Thursday.

Also, I wonder if JA Riise will be involved in anyway to get a bit of match fitness?

watfordwhite

:beer: Well I will be there, however in the corporate box, Stevenage are looking forward to it.  082.gif

CorkedHat

Quote from: leonffc on July 13, 2011, 07:49:53 PM
I know that it will be the development squad and U18's etc but is anyone bothering?
I might as i'm near Stevenage (I said near, not in Mr Corked Hat) but £12 is a bit steep considering its a fiver to a Europa game on Thursday.

Also, I wonder if JA Riise will be involved in anyway to get a bit of match fitness?

I have asked my rellies to look out for you. I have described you down to a tee and at the first hint of any bovver and you'll know about it. You have been warned and leave Stevenage in one piece if you don't mind  :035:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

FatFreddysCat

The only good thing about Stevenage is the animal research center, yes i believe in testing stuff on animals to save human lives ( i will donate my booze riddled body to science when i die). Anyhow that's not why i like the place, but when i was 21/22 i worked for a Paddy firm called McGees, i had to deliver to the animal place quite a bit, but used to report i was having trouble getting in due to security alerts, then park up and have a few hours kip, loved it.

HatterDon

The city of 10,000 roundabouts, Stevenage is the best argument ever for never riding in the back seat of a car while massively hungover.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

CULTUREVULTURE

If I didn't live about 20 minutes away I wouls suggest that Stevenage (or Stevo as the locals call it) would be a suitable testing place for a nuclear device. I'm not going on Sunday. I went when we played there in 1998 and this fixture is overpriced for a reserve game especially in the middle of a Europa run.

CorkedHat

Quote from: HatterDon on July 14, 2011, 03:49:48 AM
The city of 10,000 roundabouts, Stevenage is the best argument ever for never riding in the back seat of a car while massively hungover.

Are you sure it's 10,000. I thought it was more roundabout four  :down_under:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

leonffc

HAHA spot on Freddie. I've always wanted to get into Glaxos. it fascinates me what goes on in there.  :dead horse:  :airfix:  079.gif

And yes Culturevulture. I'd love to press 'that' button.  :028: :035:

OH well Corkedhat, it looks like I've got no back up (apart from Watford but he's not going to leave his luxurious box to help me out) so I'm not going to take their end on my own. Tell your rellies they can relax.  093.gif

watfordwhite

Quote from: leonffc on July 14, 2011, 09:20:07 AM
HAHA spot on Freddie. I've always wanted to get into Glaxos. it fascinates me what goes on in there.  :dead horse:  :airfix:  079.gif

And yes Culturevulture. I'd love to press 'that' button.  :028: :035:

OH well Corkedhat, it looks like I've got no back up (apart from Watford but he's not going to leave his luxurious box to help me out) so I'm not going to take their end on my own. Tell your rellies they can relax.  093.gif

:wine: :wine: :wine: leave my box out of this!!!!

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I went to Wimbledon because I'm in my Summer holidays and £3 train journey's not too bad. But Stevenage is a bit more of a trek for just a nothing game. Saving money for Newcastle away.

goodat

Does anyone know any team selections for the game v Stevenage?

LBNo11

Quote from: goodat on July 15, 2011, 11:07:41 AM
Does anyone know any team selections for the game v Stevenage?

...welcome goodat, I doubt anyone will have access to this info especially as it will be considered so minor an event in the grand scheme of things. It would be good to know beforehand as it might boost ticket sales, but despite the AFC Wombles turn out, I suspect the Fulham team will be mainly consist of the 'stiffs' for this game...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

LRCN

how easy and cheap is it to get to stevenage by train?

Jimpav

Quote from: Lork on July 15, 2011, 12:29:53 PM
how easy and cheap is it to get to stevenage by train?

It's about 30 mins from Kings X and return tickets should be under a tenner with a student/young persons card.

http://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable

Not sure how far the ground is from the station though mate.

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

goodat

Thanks LBNo11

The ground is signposted from Stevenage station, its about a 10 min walk.

LRCN

hmm not sure i can stretch to 20 odd quid to watch a reserve game, shame, thanks for the help though