more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

accommodation near Craven cottage

Started by crusadersgirl, July 13, 2011, 10:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crusadersgirl

Hello,

Wondering if you could give a little bit of advice. I am travelling over to London for the 2nd leg Europa league tie next week and I was wondering if you would know of anywhere that is handy to Craven cottage which is cheap to stay in for the night. I don't mind if it's b&b or hotel but i am struggling to find anywhere that is cheap with a good location close to the ground. Many thanks, Laura.

watfordwhite

I don't know what they charge, but there is a Travel lodge, travel inn or Premier inn on Putney Bridge.
Should be reasonable.
Good luck, enjoy your stay and welcome to the cottage.  :beer:
PS:the away fans pub (8 bells) is round the corner and is a really nice pub.

FatFreddysCat

I'm sure the Equaliser may be able to help out here.

ScalleysDad

Hello there yourself,
In the past I have found Putney/Hammersmith/Wandsworth quite pricey. The Prem Inn on Putney Bridge is indeed as local as you will get but it resembles a pile of boxes and its proximity has to make it noisy. Scalley and I have found the Travelodge at Kew Bridge quite handy. Trains to Putney and back are regular and run quite late and the M4 is just round the corner and the Heathrow Express can be picked up at Ealing just a bus ride away. You could of course walk along the river to the ground but it does take a while and the pubs are a hinderance. If it takes your fancy you could walk along the boundary of Kew Gardens or embrace the shopping in The Peoles Republic of Brentford.  

FatFreddysCat

To be honest if you stay in London your never really more than 45 minutes at the most from Putney Bridge or Hammersmith, so have a good look around. A lot of places in South London are a no no, but ask and you'll be told if the area is dodgy or not.

crusadersgirl

Thanks guys! All this is great help, Ive been looking at places in Earls court - do you know if this is a good location? looking somewhere quite central and close to bars etc. Im coming over with my dad and uncle and we are looking forward to a bit of banter with you all and a few beverages  :wine:  :dft010:. Is there any pubs that should be avoided or any Fulham supporters pubs where we wouldn't be welcome?

Thanks for your help.

finnster01

Quote from: crusadersgirl on July 13, 2011, 11:01:17 PM
Thanks guys! All this is great help, Ive been looking at places in Earls court - do you know if this is a good location? looking somewhere quite central and close to bars etc. Im coming over with my dad and uncle and we are looking forward to a bit of banter with you all and a few beverages  :wine:  :dft010:. Is there any pubs that should be avoided or any Fulham supporters pubs where we wouldn't be welcome?

Thanks for your help.

You are always welcome in Fulham.

On the other hand some people from Fulham are not welcome in Fulham especially at the Golden Lion with the urine infested toilets.  :035:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

LBNo11

...we are probably the friendliest fans in the premiership, you will enjoy the banter/craic and have a great time, loads of pubs but avoid the Golden Lion - because it smells and has poor service - apart from that check this link on our site:-

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/pubs.php

Slainte...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FatFreddysCat

Thanks for your help.
Earls court is ok, loads of Aussies, and a few gay bars, but as far as i know a very safe area with a good bit of night life, very near to Fulham as well. Bloody Hell you're from Belfast, just take over Peckham  :028:

Chopper

Quote from: ScalleysDad on July 13, 2011, 10:36:02 PM
... or embrace the shopping in The Peoples Republic of Brentford.  

+1

A Robert Rankin fan I suspect  :003:
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

Nick the Swede

There's a few good affordable places to stay in West Brompton too.

Why not try the 'Swifthouse' about £21-22 per night including breakfast.
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

watfordwhite

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 13, 2011, 11:07:29 PM

Thanks for your help.
Earls court is ok, loads of Aussies, and a few gay bars, but as far as i know a very safe area with a good bit of night life, very near to Fulham as well. Bloody Hell you're from Belfast, just take over Peckham  :028:

Trust the Northolt massive to know about the earls Court Gay scene  091.gif 096.gig :hook:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: watfordwhite on July 14, 2011, 01:17:26 PM

Thanks for your help.

Trust the Northolt massive to know about the earls Court Gay scene  091.gif 096.gig :hook:
Whatever you do dont stay in Watford, it's very rough and inbred and five hours from Fulham  :59:

Chopper

Thanks for your help.

I spent a very pleasant evening in that pub in Earls Court ...
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Chopper on July 14, 2011, 03:24:14 PM

Thanks for your help.

I spent a very pleasant evening in that pub in Earls Court ...
with a name like chopper i bet you was very popular.