watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Were linked with Spurs young right back Kyle Naughton

Started by NorthernWhite, July 16, 2011, 04:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernWhite

In the Times today on loan, with Norwich and QPR interested as well. Good player, only 22 and even though he hasn't played much for Spurs, he was excellent at Leicester last season on loan and at Sheff Utd before that. He was the RB in the Championship team of the season.

I would want an option to buy at the end of the loan but I'd be very happy with that.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Would prefer Kyle Walker but that's not possible. Naughtons pretty much the same player, same defensive qualities but less attacking minded.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on July 16, 2011, 04:09:37 PM
Would prefer Kyle Walker but that's not possible. Naughtons pretty much the same player, same defensive qualities but less attacking minded.

I'm fully ok with a more defensive rightback. We have Riise and Briggs, who are both attacking-minded fullbacks. So we need some balance.

mangoputney

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Mr Fulham

ElissonSnygg

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 16, 2011, 05:13:05 PM
Quote from: mangoputney on July 16, 2011, 05:09:34 PM
Jol, sign him up

Indeed...much rather him than an overpaid has-been from Italy!

Yeah totally agree !  Kyle Naughton would be a great choise
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

FatFreddysCat

Bit confused, is this the kid that the bitters had on loan then went to Villa? If so quality, snap him up. If not i dont know him.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 16, 2011, 07:40:30 PM
Bit confused, is this the kid that the bitters had on loan then went to Villa? If so quality, snap him up. If not i dont know him.

No, that's Kyle Walker.

Naughton played at Leicester last season and was in the Championship team of the season. Both are seen as future England internationals.

Naughton's approach is a bit less attacking than Walker's but he's an equally talented fullback.

Mr Fulham

My agency mate told me that Naughton is Neil Warnock's top transfer target.

Senior Supporter

I've just been re-watching last season's home game against Blackpool and, as a result, I don't think another right back is a priority. Chris Baird played a blinder (that was the game where he managed to get back and head the ball round the post after Schwarz had rushed out and missed his punch) and he didn't put a foot wrong all match, winning everything in the air and making several crucial interceptions. As the commentators said, had it not been for Bobby scoring a brace, CB would have been the obvious man of the match. With Kelly as backup I think there are more important areas where we should spend our budget.