more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham, Louisiana

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, July 16, 2011, 07:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

This is of course a fictitious place.

By way of explanation, I'm a Londoner now living in Richmond, Virginia.

I first saw Fulham play in 1961 and during the seven years prior to my

immigration in 2002 my daughter and I went to virtually every game (home

and away) So, I'm an old timer.

At the risk of waffling, I have almost completed the writing of a comedy (hopefully)

novel entitled 'Louisiana Geezers'

Set in the fictitous town of Fulham, Louisiana, which nestles beside a swampy bayou,

it tells the story of a group of 'older folks' who stumble their way through a collection of

mishaps as they try to turn their town into a tourist resort.

The Mayor (Sir Roger) for want of a better name, is a Del Boy type character who was

allegedly ship-wrecked off the coast of Louisiana some 10 years previously.

Supported by his sidekick Woody (a Trigger type character) they run the town

and it's 'enterprises' which includes a hotel/restaurant called The Chateau Craven Cottage.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in reading a chapter or two let me know.

(c) Library of Congress

No idiots need apply.

Read more: http://cc.fulhamfc.com/forum/topics/fulham-louisiana#ixzz1SIBSjJpZ
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

FatFreddysCat

I'd love to read a chapter or two, but unfortunately i'm a bit of an idiot, but give me a pass and i'll give you my honest opinion, if i think it's sheeeet i'll tell you, but if you get the thumbs up you know you're on a winner.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Hi FFC,
No problem sending you a chapter, perhaps I'll start with one !
Also, if it is shite I'll welcome any 'constructive' critisism like
"give up, it's nonsense"
How do I send it to you ?

HatterDon

I'd love to check it out as well. As a Fulham-supporting Texan whose Father came from NOLA, I'm sure it could interest me on several counts. You should be able to send me an email by checking out my profile and hitting the "send an email to this charmingly delightful and optimistic Fulham supporter" button [I think that's how it's labeled].
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

No idea how you send it to me, i dont know my email address, but cant you just put it up on here, i'm sure others would love to see it as well, as i said, i'm not the sort to kiss arse, so if i think it's good you could be on a winner. Also are you aiming at the English or yank market?

FatFreddysCat

Must admit i can just picture Finnsters face sitting down having his dinner watching this new program in the States and they mention the town Fulham...... then the hotel Craven Cottage, i'd pay a few bob to have that moment captured on photo and plastered on here. Good luck to you roger.

TheDaddy

Welcome aboard ,

would be great to have a chapter put up on here as fred said  :54: before you start i think the side kicks name needs to be changed woody imho has been synomonous with cheers and toy story 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,,9 and ran its course ? how about finnster ?
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: TheDaddy on July 16, 2011, 10:21:45 PM
Welcome aboard ,

would be great to have a chapter put up on here as fred said  :54: before you start i think the side kicks name needs to be changed woody imho has been synomonous with cheers and toy story 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,,9 and ran its course ? how about finnster ?
Good call the Daddy, Yep change it to Finnster, must admit i had doubts about the Woody name.  I'm now really looking forward to a programme coming from the US of A with the Names Fulham. Hotel Craven Cottage and some old sea salt Finnster in it. Perhaps Finnster could be a gay ex Sailor  :dft012:  :hook:

TheDon

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 16, 2011, 10:30:46 PM
Welcome aboard ,

Good call the Daddy, Yep change it to Finnster, must admit i had doubts about the Woody name.  I'm now really looking forward to a programme coming from the US of A with the Names Fulham. Hotel Craven Cottage and some old sea salt Finnster in it. Perhaps Finnster could be a gay ex Sailor  :dft012:  :hook:
Welcome aboard ,

who enjoys seamen  :038:

FatFreddysCat

You could have a fat Cheers like Norm fella called Fred eating sausages in the hotel, moaning that they aint as good as in England, Whilst the Daddy is busy mating with anything that moves.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

You're both right, perhaps Woody is over played.
Who's Finnster ?

Seamen Stains, but he has already been in Captain Pugwash.

I do welcome suggestions, the thing is not set in stone yet.
Perhaps the lead character could be Sir Johnny or Sir Alf

TheDaddy

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 16, 2011, 10:40:58 PM
You could have a fat Cheers like Norm fella called Fred eating sausages in the hotel, moaning that they aint as good as in England, Whilst the Daddy is busy mating with anything that moves.
female only fred  :59:

ps mate im up in stoke this weekend whilst chatting to the old man he mentioned a bloke called Harry james he apparently  owns a slaughter house and has his own butchers shop romour has it he does a nice curry flavoured sausage try to get there monday if i suceed  ill save a pack ?

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 16, 2011, 10:45:29 PM
Who's Finnster ?

Finny is a top poster on here, expat now living in NY, loves scousers .

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: TheDaddy on July 16, 2011, 10:48:18 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 16, 2011, 10:40:58 PM
female only fred  :59:

ps mate im up in stoke this weekend whilst chatting to the old man he mentioned a bloke called Harry james he apparently  owns a slaughter house and has his own butchers shop romour has it he does a nice curry flavoured sausage try to get there monday if i suceed  ill save a pack ?
Got to admit the Curry Wurst in Hamburg was my biggest let down ever on the food front, but if you can get a pack , i'll travel up to your gaff and buy em of you, maybe have a few beers?

TheDaddy

Who's Finnster ?

Has to be a very british name that is well know over in the states for being british if that makes sense ?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Hugh Grant would be perfect

TheDon

Quote from: TheDaddy on July 16, 2011, 10:53:14 PM
Who's Finnster ?

Has to be a very british name that is well know over in the states for being british if that makes sense ?
like phil mc`rackin

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Wasn't he Ben Downs boyfriend ?

YankeeJim

Welcome aboard ,

Freddy, that would be too accurate.  :hook:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

finnster01

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 16, 2011, 11:33:22 PM
Welcome aboard ,

Freddy, that would be too accurate.  :hook:

Now, Now, Mr Yankee Jim and Mr Fred. That's a tad too offsides lads, but given the pay I could be willing to learn  :dft012: ... I have been quietly watching this thread from the stands. I'd be happy to play the former Royal Navy Vet whose paddle boat got caught in an unexpected hurricane whilst on holiday, and washed inlands on a tsunami and woke up in Cajun country. Having years of experience as an official interpreter of the Scouse language to cockney, it did not take me long to pick up the local dialect which meant that the MI6 wanted to hire me as a code whisperer as there is no living man or machine who can figure out the meanings of a combo of scouse/cajun/cockney.

I was also able to use my John Terry impersonation to hit on all the married women in the place and introduce a proper ruby to the local population.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead