A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ashwater Press: Merged Threads

Started by LBNo11, July 18, 2011, 09:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you subscribe to Ashwater Press books on Fulham?

YES
45 (65.2%)
NO
2 (2.9%)
POSSIBLY
22 (31.9%)
WOULD ONLY BUY OFFICIAL CLUB BOOKS
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 56

LBNo11

...as you are probably all well aware by now, Fulham Fc have decided to dump Ashwater Press as a business partner in providing factual books about Fulham Fc.

Putting aside how, why or who was responsible for the decision, there may be a solution as far as Ashwater Press is concerned.

If Ken and Martin's venture was able to achieve a minimum 1000 subscribers per publication they could still go to print.

If Ashwater took this route they could get a mailing list via facebook and the Fulham message boards; give the members a list of proposed publications, ask them to select (for example) their top three out of five preferred titles, ask for a partial upfront payment per publication to help cover initial costs with the balance of monies paid when the books are published and ready for distribution.

You don't need to make a comment if you don't want to, but even if you usually just look in and don't comment, please respond to this straw poll as it will help to judge the potential of pursuing this option.

Thank you...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

TonyGilroy

Didn't they send out fliers to this effect a couple of years ago.

I'm certainly on board in principle.

LBNo11

Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 18, 2011, 10:53:07 AM

Didn't they send out fliers to this effect a couple of years ago.

I'm certainly on board in principle.

...They certainly did, but now, without the option of selling via Fulham Fc they would be 100% reliant on subscriptions to be able to continue with their Fulham related books...

Logicalman

come on lads (and lasses), we are all members here because we love the club and its rich history.
Fulham are not a club that attracts the plastic fans (like ManUre or Scum) and we all know that monies are a little tight, but all they are asking is that you make a commitment to be on the mailing list as a potential subscriber to future publications.

Even if you just buy one a year for the better half as a xmas prezzie (then you get to read it yourself - smart, eh?) it's worth keeping Ashwater in business, and the word soon spreads out again.

This is campaign that is as rich in Fulham history as the statue appeal was to many fans, and you all still have the ability to read one of these amazing books, whereas you don't now have the opportunity to see the Maestro play any longer, so keep his memory alive that little bit longer by reading the club history and memories by those that were so fortunate.

Burt

SG

Its an absolute certain YES from me - the shelves are already stacked with their FFC books but I can always find some more room for new ones

MOR :

Most Definitely...

Ken Coton of Ashwater Press created and provided a commemorative book as a gift for Jimmy Conway and Noeleen titled 'Jimmy Conway on the Wing'.

What a top man he is...the likes of Ken Coton, Martin Plumb, Alex White etc will be missed if the club mug them off anymore...

Don't you just hate what our Club is turning into...

Vote Yes for Ken & Ashwater Press !!!

Chopper

Sold my soul to the Green Pole

The Equalizer

Out of interest, does anyone know what, if anything, Ashwater get in the way of receipts from that little shop by the Eight Bells? I was going to go in there and grab the big Maestro book and a couple of the Peter Thomson 'Following The Fulham' series, but I'd rather they got the money directly if they don't get that much from the shop.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Supermitch

No brainer.  We should all do what we can to support Ken, Martin and others involved whilst we have the chance to do so.  It would be an immeasurable loss if we do not have the chance to view the great pieces started / nearing completion.

LBNo11

Peabody

SteveM

Definitely; the Club has seriously disappointed me over this. I spoke to a Club Director I met recently and raised this issue and it seems that the books are not valued although the quality of the photography is recognised.  I was surprised at this as it seems to me that the Maestro book is exactly in keeping with what true fans want. What I think we will get will be the highly coloured, over adulatory and instantly forgotten juvenalia of which most football books/magazines consist.

I would also like a response to the query re retail and the bookshop near the Station; how much do Ashwater trouser as a percentage of cover price?

Scrumpy

English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

CULTUREVULTURE

Another solution could be to ask people to subscribe and to pledge say £50 as an advance on the first two publications. I know this sounds a lot but it would enable Ashwater to get two publications on the road.

Alternatively, how about this. Why not set up a direct debit whereby subscribers pay say £5 a month thus spreading the cost. Ashwater could then issue a new book to each subscriber every 5 or 6 months. That way Ashwater gets the cash up front and subscribers can spread the cost.

CULTUREVULTURE

Another idea. Why not apply for a grant from the National Football Museum (assuming it still exists). Also, for the preservation of history why not seek a grant from the National Lottery.

fulhamguy

COYW!