watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army

Started by bog, July 20, 2011, 11:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Emm, I may be behind the news here but I seem to read it as though the club has dropped our shorts....or knickers as they used to be termed in 1950's programmes...the club has gone from black to white for home games...have I missed something here?

CorkedHat

Mr Peabody started a thread on this very topic a few weeks ago, Mr Bog.
As I remember it people's opinions on the matter were split down the middle. Mr Peabody doesn't mind the white shorts. Personally I don't like anything that tries to emulate Leeds or Real Madrid and besides they look like Caspar the Ghost running around.
But basically there are many who couldn't care what strip we play in so long as it isn't blue and as someone once said, "you can please some people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all of the time."
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Peabody

Quite right CH, I have to admit that at that first game, I did'nt really notice what shorts they were wearing and surely, our main concern should be how the team perform.

Logicalman

First the hooped stockings, now the shorts, we'll look like bloody Leeds before we finish!!!  092.gif

Fernhurst

Quote from: bog on July 20, 2011, 11:11:52 AM
Emm, I may be behind the news here but I seem to read it as though the club has dropped our shorts....or knickers as they used to be termed in 1950's programmes...the club has gone from black to white for home games...have I missed something here?

Behind the Game!!!

Captain Mannering, we are all surprised you missed that one ..... 4 or 5 pages long with a poll thingy and everything.

Terribly exciting..... but ultimately no blood on the floor.

Lighthouse

The point is it wasn't broken so why mend it. We are Fulham with white shirts and black shorts. Not all white with a black line down the side. I did notice the strip.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Peabody

I suspect many noticed them, I did'nt.

Vinnieffc

ersonally I think it looks pretty good. There's enough black in the shorts to not deviate entirely from tradition.  :54:

OldBrownShoe

Bog there is really no need for you to drop your knickers, especially in your state. But you know what it is like at Fulham. Nobody from the Club asks us punters our views on anything. It has been like that for years and years, ever since, in fact, you and I, Peabody, Corked Hat, Hatter Don etc young and broke as anything used to climb into the ground on the river side on match days.  As far as the kit is concerned, I think we can only be a season or two, at this rate, from an all white kit. Eurgh!
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

bog

It's me again. I did say that I may have missed something being a bit slow on the up take! As some say does it matter what colour they play in as long as they play well. True but I am an old fashioned sod who likes to think of us at home as we always have been. For away fixtures they can play in what they like....except blue. Am not at all happy about the discarding of Ashwater Press by the corporates either.
   OBS are you still in Spain.....       

Peabody

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on July 20, 2011, 02:53:52 PM
Bog there is really no need for you to drop your knickers, especially in your state. But you know what it is like at Fulham. Nobody from the Club asks us punters our views on anything. It has been like that for years and years, ever since, in fact, you and I, Peabody, Corked Hat, Hatter Don etc young and broke as anything used to climb into the ground on the river side on match days.  As far as the kit is concerned, I think we can only be a season or two, at this rate, from an all white kit. Eurgh!

What you mean used to, though, I must admit, it is getting harder, that bloomin barbed wire!