watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

JOLLY CLEVER CHAP

Started by NogoodBoyo, July 20, 2011, 05:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NogoodBoyo

It looks like Jol might have played a very clever game with MAF, AlMack and the Fanatics.
MAF has always walked liked an Egyptian to every manager: "Sure, you're going to have a big war chest.   (Aside de sotto -) "you're just going to have to build it yourself by selling players." 
Who knows what Al Mack has to say or do, but he seems to be a capable soul given our modest mix of revenue lines, wages budget, capital transfer funds AND results.
The Fulhamfanatics?  I'm afraid we don't come across very well at all on transfer talk and team selection.  Buy youth, play youth, get rid of the aged and the infirm.  Briggs this, Trotta that, Dalle Valle the other, Murph no legs, Help the Aged squad, we're all going down - don't disagree with my inherent right to debate the wrongs of my enemas.
Well, Jol gave us what we (I should say some of us) wanted.  Youth, youth and more youth.  What happened?  We lost to Wombleydown and Stephen the Aged!
I bet the Jollster was rubbing his hands with glee after those results as he's now shown the Egyptian, the Scot and the Fanatics that you can't throw a creche full of babies into a man's game and expect them to perform (like real men??) and that they have to buy another striker and a midfielder or two.  Show me the money, MAF!!!!  You can't stay up with this lot.  Show me the money!
Of course, MAFckensize can also point out (particularly to the Fanatics) that they've been doing quite well buying a bunch of retreads on the cheap along with one or two obscure Dembeles thereby keeping the car on the stright and narrow without throwing the babies and rattles out of the pram and without spending splendiforous sums of spondoolies on Marlet-like sandwiches.
They'll be mollyfying Jol by pointing him in the direction of a bunch of 30-31 year old misfits with skill, fitness and a proven track record along with the odd, affordably obscure overseas jewel like Dembele.
Nogood "expect more of the same, isit" Boyo

AlFayedsChequebook

Whilst I have no doubt that Jol is probably delighted we lost to inferior oppo with our 'second XI' as he liked to call it, I do think the board will be happy to bring in some younger players.

It makes financial sense to bring in youngsters, especially with such an ageing squad of little/no resale value.

We may bring in some older players, but probably only when the situation arises that they are available for the right price. I have no doubt most of the players we will bring in will be under the age of 26.

RidgeRider

My thoughts exactly. Post of the month!  :54:

TheDaddy

"Well said NogoodBoyo"
"exactly thoughts of i"
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

ImperialWhite

:54:

Spot on and written like a Jose Saramago novel.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: RidgeRider on July 20, 2011, 05:29:33 PM
My thoughts exactly. Post of the month!  :54:
Agree - if you could understand what it all means?? 090.gif

Fernhurst

Brilliant piece Nogood.

Booker Prize isit?

No wonder I love this board

NogoodBoyo

Well, I'm glad we all agree on that.  Now how about that cup of tea?
Nogood "debating the finer points of transfer season, isit" Boyo

nevzter

I concur with the distinguished posters; top shelf, sir.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

NogoodBoyo

The distinguished cobweb from the cash section of our Egyptian's wallet believes that a sponge-bag full of youth (under 26 year olds) will be brought in.
"Whilst I have no doubt that Jol is probably delighted we lost to inferior oppo with our 'second XI' as he liked to call it, I do think the board will be happy to bring in some younger players.

It makes financial sense to bring in youngsters, especially with such an ageing squad of little/no resale value.

We may bring in some older players, but probably only when the situation arises that they are available for the right price. I have no doubt most of the players we will bring in will be under the age of 26."

Key words are "available at the right price."  AFC is spot the dog on the money here, but I believe that youthful Demebeles at the right price are so few and far between that you need a team of Baden Powells to find them.
Nogood "would love to see more youth, but they're like gold-dust, isit" Boyo