watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Opposition View

Started by Avillafan.com, July 22, 2011, 07:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

It will be a draw. Villa have lost players and important ones, but have time to rectify that. We have a thin first team squad and have time to rectify that too. It will be a big season for Villa, just because they showed signs of taking a backward step last season and then took for ever to bring in Mcleish.

For us, Jol has only just begun to see the problems we have. Early starts in the Europa could backfire for Fulham. So a big season for us too.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

clintclintdeuce

I just want to make sure that you know that were going to slaughter you! I dont think I made it clear in my earlier post 076.gif
The Dude abides.

clintclintdeuce

Just like that 3-1 whipping that could have been 9-1 in May 2010! 
The Dude abides.

michaelread

sorry to say it mate, but i have a tenner on villa for relegation. Numbers just add up to do a west ham this year.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: michaelread on July 24, 2011, 09:21:16 AM
sorry to say it mate, but i have a tenner on villa for relegation. Numbers just add up to do a west ham this year.

Seems unlikely  mate - not only have you got the three promoted sides which aren't the strongest we've seen (QPR, Norwich, Swansea) you've also potentially got Wigan, Wolves and Blackburn fighting in the relegation battle.

michaelread

Quote from: ImperialWhite on July 24, 2011, 12:41:27 PM

Seems unlikely  mate - not only have you got the three promoted sides which aren't the strongest we've seen (QPR, Norwich, Swansea) you've also potentially got Wigan, Wolves and Blackburn fighting in the relegation battle.

i dont think they should get relegated, I just think they will

Avillafan.com

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on July 24, 2011, 04:16:44 AM
I just want to make sure that you know that were going to slaughter you! I dont think I made it clear in my earlier post 076.gif

LOL we will see, we will see!!

I wonder if any of you would be interested in answering a few questions for our main page on avillafan? this feature runs in conjunction with the forum feature?

Any one interested?? please send me a message if so!

And once again thanks for your input.

Tomo

In all honest I think we'll beat Villa in comfortable fashion. I'm going to go 3-0 to the Super Whites. I've always liked Villa and I once strived for us to be more of a Villa side i.e Young English recruitment and european football but now I think we are a better team than yours. Although Villa do have a lot of talent in Bent, Albrighton, Ireland and some good youngsters like Bannan.

I can see Villa having a mediocre season and Fulham as per usual will pull of some serious maneuvers on their way to winning FA Cup / Carling or Europa League.

Get Coat gif
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

HatterDon

Quote from: Avillafan.com on July 24, 2011, 02:26:46 PM
Quote from: clintclintdeuce on July 24, 2011, 04:16:44 AM

LOL we will see, we will see!!

I wonder if any of you would be interested in answering a few questions for our main page on avillafan? this feature runs in conjunction with the forum feature?

Any one interested?? please send me a message if so!

And once again thanks for your input.

pm sent
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Avillafan.com

Well Guys the game is drawing closer and i just wondered if any of you have any further comments on the Game??

We have a full squad including Bent available and i for one am feeling good about the game, maybe a 1-2 win for Villa!!

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Avillafan.com on August 11, 2011, 11:43:42 PM
Well Guys the game is drawing closer and i just wondered if any of you have any further comments on the Game??

We have a full squad including Bent available and i for one am feeling good about the game, maybe a 1-2 win for Villa!!

I'm hoping that since our pre-season was longer, we'll be fitter. I also think that although we both have relatively new managers, our club has had less change recently in other areas so we should be better prepared in this way (I think our first XI is much more settled than yours, for example).

Any ideas what starting XI (+ formation) and bench McLeish will go for on Saturday?

2-1 Fulham (battle of the England centre forwards - Zamora and Bent on the scoresheet).

clintclintdeuce

I have posted on here numerous times I think Villa will go down. I think the numbers add up as well Mr Reed. But the numbers are adding up quicker in Newcastle ATM, theyve got a good shot at it as well. Maybe both will go down?
The Dude abides.

Lighthouse

Fulhams biggest problem is we are starting yet another season with AJ and BZ up front. With no natural back up. Plus a right back problem. We don't start as organised as I would have hoped. Still a draw is favourite.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 12, 2011, 12:42:00 AM
Fulhams biggest problem is we are starting yet another season with AJ and BZ up front. With no natural back up. Plus a right back problem. We don't start as organised as I would have hoped. Still a draw is favourite.

I might put some money on a draw, although if Emile Heskey starts on the left for Villa, I reckon we will win it.

Interesting game for the players + manager - lots of talk of upping games for the premier league, I expect to see some improvement

MJG

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 12, 2011, 12:42:00 AM
I agree with the front two point but at RB we have 4 players who could play there, Baird/Hughes/Kelly and at a push Davies.

Yarden

Tbh i will be very disappointed if we don`t win the game.

Steve_orino

Predict 2-1 to Fulham.

Wouldn't be surprised by a draw though.

COYWs!
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

HatterDon

I'm sticking with my 2-1. I think we're better than they are -- especially at home. Bent is a threat, but he's less of a threat against a stable, disciplined CB pair.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

cebu

I'm going for a 2-1 win to Fulham, but wouldn't be surprised if the match ended in a draw.