https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Opposition View

Started by Avillafan.com, July 22, 2011, 07:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avillafan.com

Hi

My Name is Loyalvillan and i am a Villa fan coming in peace 093.gif

I am from an Aston Villa Fansite called avillafan.com and we run a feature called Opposition View, this is where we try to get a small insight into what the opposition Fans think about the up coming games.

What i would like to know is your thoughts on the game its self and how you think it will pan out? 

All reasonable comments will be post on avillafan.com for our Members to view and comment on.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Good Luck for the coming season Guys.

Cheers Loyalvillan

Burt

Hello Mr Loyalvillan and welcome to the board.

I am married to a brummie and all her family are blues fans, apart from her sister's hubbie who is Villa. Always good fun when we go up there.

Are you guys warming to McLeish yet or will he get a "warm" reception come the first match of the season?

Burt

Regarding thoughts on the game, hopefully as we will have had some friendlies and a few Europa league games under our belt we will be out of the traps quite fast this season.

But you always need to allow a bit of time for the new gaffer's philosophy to sink in and also to bed in any new signings (haven't been too many of those yet!).

It's always close between the two sides but I am hoping with the competitive matches we have already had and a continuation of our reasonably solid home form that we will win through. A 2-1 win to us. Zamora and a Hangerland header from a corner.

You heard it here first.

jarv

Mr. Loyalvillan,  076.gif

I don't see anything other than history repeating itself between Villa and Fulham, 3 points each, both at home.
I expect Villa to be a bit more defensive than usual,.  New manager, lost a couple of decent players. Fulham have the benefit of a few Europa games, not great opposition but they have to be taken seriously.

2-0 Fulham.

good luck.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I believe that we will win come our game against you but that is no disrespect to your fantastic team. We've got into our stride early thanks to the Europa League. With you losing Downing and Young and then all the drama surrounding Alex McLeish, I think it will take you a while to perform to your full potential but you will pick up tight wins.

I think this game will come too early for you guys, and home advantage first game will be important to us.

2-0 to us I reckon.

Still a long time to go in the transfer window and with Lerners cash behind you, Villa have the ability to have a great season, it'll take time with McLeish wanting to change the style and stamp his own feel on the side but you will have a good future with a sensible manager.

mrska

Hello mate..

Well its gonna be a tough game for both of us, when you came to us last year for the 1-1 draw.. i thought you played us off the park. We've had some European games where Jol has put out strong sides mixed with the odd youngster. Each game you can see the fitness and the understanding growing. I think Fulham will hit the start of the season running..  just hope we don't peta out by Christmas

2 -1 FFC

TheDaddy

A tight game but Fulham coming out winners by the odd goal....Sorry mate but for the life of me why Mcleish ? ex blue and his football doesn't match that of Villa's free flowing football established as long as i cant remember used to love watching villa some of your players were fantastic Dennis Mortimer,Allan Evans,Paul Rideout,Gary Shaw,Peter Withe just to name a few
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Rupert

Quote from: Avillafan.com on July 22, 2011, 07:36:40 PM
Hi

My Name is Loyalvillan.

Oof, are you still on talking terms with your parents after they lumbered you with a name like that? 091.gif 089.gif 064.gif

Right, here's where I guarantee we get a good hiding in three weeks, but from what I can see, it is an ideal time for us to play you. We both have new managers, but ours is a welcome recruit, yours an unpopular choice (amongst the fans, at least).
We will have half a dozen or so competetive matches under our belt, understandings between the squad will have been formed/revived, confidence should be sky high, barring a disaster against the Croatians, plus we will have home advantage.

Your lot will have new signings and a new system in a competetive match, away from home, for the first time.

If we score first, or your lot start slowly, an element of your support is likely to start rumbling at your manager. If any of his signings start and fail to sparkle from their first touch, there will be discontent. All in all, it is a nailed on home win, probably by two goals or more.

So, with my record, that's 1-0 to Villa (Hangeland, OG, 89 min). You read it here first.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

HatterDon

I would expect us to do well against y'all next month. We will have already played some competitive matches thanks to the Europa League, and this helped us get off to a quick start in 2009. Yes, we've had a lot of squad upheaval, but so have you. You've gutted your attacking midfield group and, if you continue to farm out your young players and go for over-the-hill French players as you did last season under Houllier, you'll pay for it.

If McLeish hasn't changed his spots, you're going to be in for some 1-0, 0-0, and 1-1 matches. The best hope for you is to have many of the talented young players I saw last season have a good run.

And welcome to the site. There's a lot of in-built anger for many sides in the Prem, but I've not seen much of it for Villa. Best of everything in 11-12, except against us.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Fulham_Adam

It will be a game McLeish can't lose or the fans will surely be on his back straight away. He'll set up very defensively I reckon and we're not going to be able to break you down unless we strengthen going forward.

Can't see anything other than 0-0.
The past is told by those who win.

FatFreddysCat

You'll hate the fact we beat you 3-1, but be over the moon our pubs wont (try) to charge you to get in. Could you lot try a bit of the rain in Spain etc? . Sorry i'm  just bitter  becausei dont live in the beautiful area around your ground.

clintclintdeuce

Fulham rarely lose at home. Would be surprised with anything less than a 2-0 Win for Fulham. Good luck this season, I truly think youre going to need it.
The Dude abides.

Tktd

I'm quietly optomistic.... I think we have a fighting chance for various reasons.

You've got a new manager who is, in theory under pressure already as he just got birmingham relegated and your fans aren't fans of his.

you've sold Ashley young and Stewart Downing too who were big threats and also you wont have played as many games as us as we will have potentially played 8 or more competitive games (if we keep progressing in Europe.)

I also think w've strengthened our first team considerably with the likes of Riise coming in and no major injuries to report.

I am a bit concious though (and this is the reason it's quietly optomistic) that the teams we've been playing aren't exactly premiership standard and I'm not sure any of our europa league games are, which means that we could fall into a false sense of security... god knows we aren't expecting a 3-1 or 4-0 win...

That said there are other factors - jol, for instance... he's known to be a shrewd tactician, but then again we're notoriously shoddy away from home...

Expecting our defence to be one of the top in the league again this year though, so Bent will have to be on form. :)

MikeR

Everyone's talking about your having lost an entire midfield of England internationals over the past 3 years, but I think you're going to miss Friedel more than any of them. I have a feeling that Shay Given is going to let in a soft goal that gives us the 3 points.
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

CorkedHat

Quote from: TheDaddy on July 22, 2011, 09:19:41 PM
A tight game but Fulham coming out winners by the odd goal....Sorry mate but for the life of me why Mcleish ? ex blue and his football doesn't match that of Villa's free flowing football established as long as i cant remember used to love watching villa some of your players were fantastic Dennis Mortimer,Allan Evans,Paul Rideout,Gary Shaw,Peter Withe just to name a few

That's nothing Mr Daddy. I remember Frank Barson and he left Aston Villa in 1922  :005:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

finnster01

I doubt Villa will get anything out of this.

Just do not have the quality to beat us at the Cottage and a stolen ghinjer manager doesn't help either. Fulham 2 Villa 1  092.gif
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Fernhurst

Mr L Villain

Alex has a very healthy respect for FFC so we will expect a hugely defensive display from The Villains.
Would it be presumptuous to assume it could be the shortest managerial reign in Premiership history if we fly out the blocks and knock you for 6?

Travers Barney

Be tight I reckon...hope Villa don't sign Kinnear's insomnia from Wigan for the muted 10 mill...despite his poorish attitude I know who I would rather have turning out for my team out of him and the departed Downing.

1-0 to by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.

We are the whites
We are the whites

Avillafan.com

Thanks for the replys Guys, I do think that it will be a very close game BUT! although Villa have had one of the worst seasons in recent times and lost 2 of our better players, i think we will win 0-1!

Albrighton is nearly the finished article and N,zogbia would be a great addition if we get him so the loss of Downing and Young is a bit easier to take! Bent will be awesome this year!

It will be close and hard fought and to be honest i would really be satisfied with a point as i feel you may be a wee bit sharper having already played competitive games in the Europa qualifiers.

How do you feel about your new manager? Personally i rate Jol and thing he could do a stand up job for you lot.

The Bronsons

Yes, it will be a close game. I see us edging it, mainly due to the Europa factor and us being at home. A win (2-1 or 2-0) is likely, a draw would be acceptable against a good Villa side.

Re. Jol, I think most Fulham fans feel more warmly towards him than towards Hughes, because Jol seems genuinely pleased to be here - and he does have a good reputation. We've already seen his love of attacking wingers and young players in the Europa League, and those are both areas where we haven't been especially effective, so that should make for an interesting season.

Re. Villa I think McLeish will do a good job with you, and if I were a Villan I'd prefer him to Houllier any day.