watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Has anyone here booked Vacation Club?

Started by NorfolkJim, March 01, 2010, 06:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorfolkJim

Offer appeared on the FFC messageboard offering charter to Turin for £209. Vacation Club International based in Putney. I checked them out and they had a valid ATOL as did the agents they use, and they had arranged travel for other English teams, notably Chelsea and Everton, so I booked with them. I heard they also posted on TOOFIF board.
Seems today that the mods on the FFC board have removed their posting and references to them.
Has anyone here booked with them and aren't they the ones that did those trips during the last UEFA cup Fulham were in?

finnster01

Mr Jim,
Must admit I have never used them, but looked them up and they seem legit.
The reason they have been removed from FFC may simply be because Fulham has a deal using someone else for the flyer/travel, so it may just be corporate travel ad bollocks.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

LRCN

People used it before and I haven't read any complaints, they seem legit.

chez

In such a dilemma over this game, been told unless you have proof that you have made travel arrangements to get to the game you will not be allowed a ticket.

Know one (including Fulham ticket office/enquiries) have a scooby of what our allocation will be, and concerned that i could book a flight and not get a  ticket anyway and loose £209.00
as there will be no way that i am flying out there to sit in a bar to watch the game, whilst those around me go off to the game.

To be honest frustrated at how the club have handled this momentous game!

finnster01

Oh come on.
Worst comes to worst, there are touts in Turin too. Just don't wear the Fulham shirt and you will be good to go.
No different than the Hammersmith End will be against Spurs I'm sure.

chez

point taken Finnster, but when we score and i go ballistic in their end i don't fancy a brawl and  a night in their cells!  ;)

Agree re Hammy end this Saturday can see a few getting turfed out (hopefully on their heads)

finnster01

Oh I forgot to add, don't disguise yourself as a Liverpool supporter either...

NorfolkJim

This is the dilemma we all face whatever way we go unless we buy the clubs in house package. What possible proof can I show them from Norwich? It hasn't been a problem for me for any of the games so far so I'm expecting it to be the same this time too.

chez

Jim, thats good to hear suppose i'm just being a bit over cautious as haven't been to a Europa away game yet and just feel from the number of people that are saying that they are going there just won't be enough tickets, I so hope I'm wrong (and can't really afford to let £200 + go down the drain)

finnster01

I was told the same bollocks going to Vilnius with my daughter when I booked the (non-refundable)  flights. Besides got all taken care of by the locals in a big way, tickets and all. Very nice trip. Posted a NorfolkJim like post on the old site which is all gone now, but wonderful stuff. We both had a great time.

In fact, the fact that we worry about tickets means we have arrived !!!! COYW!!!!!!

NorfolkJim

I think Ajax had 1500 and I think we will take up that allocation but although we took over 2000 to both Rome and to Basel, people had plenty of time to arrange those. This one at short notice will mean that plenty wont be able to arrange time off and flights etc, so I'm hopefull us eager-beavers will get the tickets we need. I know I'm looking at the web site just about every hour waiting for info on these.

FatFreddysCat

Chez your get a ticket, no problem. Just one thing to remember, if it's like Rome you have to take your passport to the game and they did check.

chez

Thanks all for your advice, like you Jim i feel like an expectant mum waiting for the ticket allocation to arrive  ;) got offal site on all the time.

NorfolkJim

I phoned them today and they've filled one plane and are onto a second. They should be sending out confirmations today having booked at the weekend. Just waiting to hear what our allocation is and how the selling will be done. With people on charters, on trains and driving its a bit hard to see how we can all give the club flight & hotel details.
What can they do with those details anyway? Surely Ryanair isnt going to confirm to third parties who is or isnt on their flight, nor should Hotel Pogo reveal who is staying there, should they?

NorfolkJim

I'm hearing our allocation is 1800, but nothing on when they'll go on sale

chez

Well i havent booked any travel, and if that allocation is correct and the club want their proof i doubt i will be as chances of myself getting a ticket will be slim.   :'(

Good luck Jim, as you have previously been to away matches surely the club will consider that, and as you said how can anyone prove that they are driving there etc. ???

NorfolkJim

Quote from: chez on March 02, 2010, 11:22:39 AM
Well i havent booked any travel, and if that allocation is correct and the club want their proof i doubt i will be as chances of myself getting a ticket will be slim.   :'(

Good luck Jim, as you have previously been to away matches surely the club will consider that, and as you said how can anyone prove that they are driving there etc. ???

The window of opportunity will be small and not everyone who wants to go will be able to get the time off at such short notice, so I'm hopefull that those who are eager to go will be able to get tickets. Just a case of constantly watching the web site for details.

NorfolkJim

got my official invoice from these today, Atol bonded, looks good - now I just need to get one of them rare tickets in the morning.

chez

Alarm clock set for you then Jim! Good luck!