watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hughes

Started by RidgeRider, July 26, 2011, 02:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

I wonder how Mark Hughes is getting along about now and if his phone has rung at all in the last month?  :005:

jarv

I had a similar discussion with a (welsh) mate of mine.

Lighthouse

Still a mystery to me why he left. Just because we wouldn't back him in the transfer market? Seems odd. I liked his style and the way the club was going. But now it just seems madness to do to us what City did to him. Silly man has done harm to himself after all the goodwill he received after City sacked him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

We'll never know who did what to whom and did he fall or was he pushed. It will take us until the end of the season to see how good an idea it was to kick him to the curb. All I DO know is that he achieved quite a bit without a recognized striker for several months. We had a good FA Cup run and a very good end of the season. I SUSPECT that he'd have the squad he wanted by this point, had he been allowed to stay on.

And I never really did give any attention to how remote he was to the supporters or how engaged he might have been in the lockeroom. That's all personality and style, and it really means very little. I liked the football we played under him, and I like how and where we finished last season. I hope I can say the same about Jol in May.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

Quote from: HatterDon on July 26, 2011, 05:01:22 AM
We'll never know who did what to whom and did he fall or was he pushed. It will take us until the end of the season to see how good an idea it was to kick him to the curb. All I DO know is that he achieved quite a bit without a recognized striker for several months. We had a good FA Cup run and a very good end of the season. I SUSPECT that he'd have the squad he wanted by this point, had he been allowed to stay on.

And I never really did give any attention to how remote he was to the supporters or how engaged he might have been in the lockeroom. That's all personality and style, and it really means very little. I liked the football we played under him, and I like how and where we finished last season. I hope I can say the same about Jol in May.
you start by saying your not sure if the real story will ever come out but its clear by the rest you think Fulham kicked him out. I just want to point out that both the club and him have said he walked. Now maybe the club could have tried harder to keep him but it was his decision to go in the end.

sunburywhite

As someone said before read about his agent. Its the same agent as Tevez
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_Joorabchian
How can a professional manager be tied up with an agent like that?
I would suspect Kia Joorabchian is the real reason Hughes left
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

finnster01

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 26, 2011, 07:35:07 AM
As someone said before read about his agent. Its the same agent as Tevez
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_Joorabchian
How can a professional manager be tied up with an agent like that?
I would suspect Kia Joorabchian is the real reason Hughes left

Again, just a friendly reminder that Rune Hauge is Hangeland's agent... How can such a nice guy have a cheat like that as an agent? Window is still plenty open...  096.gig
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Logicalman

Quote from: RidgeRider on July 26, 2011, 02:46:52 AM
I wonder how Mark Hughes is getting along about now and if his phone has rung at all in the last month?  :005:

perhaps he has the same phone carrier as LS  ..... I'm waiting for Jol to have the first taste of success and then for either MH or LS to provide us all with how THEY were responsible and could have taken us to the World Cup if given the chance!!

NogoodBoyo

Very wise words from Don Big Hatter.
Nogood "back to work now, isit" Boyo

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on July 26, 2011, 02:21:29 PM
Very wise words from Don Big Hatter.
Nogood "back to work now, isit" Boyo
I agree Boyo boyo. (and perhaps he should change his posting moniker to "Stetson" ? )

Peabody

As has been said, we will never know. However, I believe that both the club and Mark himself, said that he resigned, which indicates that the decision was his and his alone. I tell you what though, I bet he is not flavour of the month with his entourage.

Willard

I imagine he's waiting for the season to start and the opportunities arising from the sacking of managers at much, much bigger and much more splendid clubs than Fulham. QPR perhaps?

RidgeRider

Quote from: Willard on July 26, 2011, 03:27:03 PM
I imagine he's waiting for the season to start and the opportunities arising from the sacking of managers at much, much bigger and much more splendid clubs than Fulham. QPR perhaps?

QPR would be a great place for him to go!

MisfitKid

With his free time, I could use some help with my U19 girls team... :wink:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Mitch

Quote from: MisfitKid on July 26, 2011, 03:48:01 PM
Happy to help. You meant masseuse, right?

Mr_Moon

Had forgotten about him.

Two Ton Ted

Never ever bloody anything ever.

HatterDon

Quote from: Mitch on July 26, 2011, 03:55:52 PM
Quote from: MisfitKid on July 26, 2011, 03:48:01 PM
Happy to help. You meant masseuse, right?

Another heartfelt altruistic gesture from a member of the Fulham family. Well done, sir!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel