News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tottenham apparently price Crouch at £9 million...

Started by Tktd, July 26, 2011, 12:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

linked with Newcastle who've baulked at the price....

If I remember correctly that's how much we went in with when we nearly bought him a couple of years ago, only to be beaten by Tottenham... worth a cheeky bid?...

He may be getting older but having him to compliment and compete up front with Zamora and AJ considering the amount of competitions we're in (he could be handy in Europe) could be worth it..?!

Proven premiership and European player?!...

I think £9 mill is well worth it, no?

AlFayedsChequebook

He is 30. There is little/no resale value. We have a better player in Zamora in his position.

I think he is massively overpriced, if he was not English, you could get him for under £5m, which would be the right price.

Mitch

How many did he score last year? 2 or 3 was it?

It's a no from me now.

Mr Fulham

I'd take him for 5 or 6m...but he's 30 now and 9 million is just ridiculous. Harry really doesn't want to sell players, does he? He needs to, or Spurs will be in serious trouble in a couple of years with a 50-player-squad. fp.gif

Having said this, I think Crouch could do a job for us. I'd prefer Bendtner or Sturridge, although they might be out of reach.

Tktd

Quote from: Mitch on July 26, 2011, 12:17:29 PM

It's a no from me now.

11 goals in 40 games last year.

4 in 29 in the league (as sub and starting) and 7 in 11 European games.

Mitch

Thanks. So four in the league in 29 is about what AJ did...who's been banded about at £3million. It's not my money, but there isn't value in that deal.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Tktd on July 26, 2011, 12:21:16 PM
Quote from: Mitch on July 26, 2011, 12:17:29 PM

It's a no from me now.

11 goals in 40 games last year.

4 in 29 in the league (as sub and starting) and 7 in 11 European games.

4 in 34 in the league (as sub and starting) with 10 assists. 3 in 1 Champions League qualifier and 4 in 9 Champions League matches (v Bremen (2), v Inter, v AC Milan) with two assists plus one FA Cup match.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/peter-crouch/leistungsdaten/spieler_4072.html

Mitch

...how often will his Missus come to the Cottage though? That's got to be the biggest issue.

LRCN

Quote from: Mitch on July 26, 2011, 12:29:59 PM
...how often will his Missus come to the Cottage though? That's got to be the biggest issue.

agreed.

jarv

9 million.....surely a joke. His goals in Europe most likely reflect his goals for England. All against the world's finest third tier of football.

Waste of money.  090.gif

EricB

As a backup for Zamora, he would be fine. But I cant see him swapping a Spurs bench for a Fulham bench (nor Fulham spending upto £9m for a bench warmer with no resell value). Also I cant see him playing along side Zamora, we would be to very one dimensional and loose the work rate that Johnson provides. Although decent on the ground for big guy, Zamora is the better in all areas. I think Jol will be looking to identify a younger sticker with potential to improve over the season and probably cheaper than Crouch (especially with wages)

Mr_Moon

For £9m you could easily sign a striker who actually scores. I'd rather we lumped it on someone with potential like Arnautovic.

Lighthouse

Fulham are still sodding about with the legal case surrounding the reason Crouch didn't come here last time. Mark Hughes wasn't backed in the transfer market (his words and for a fee over ten million) So I cannot see us even trying to go for Crouch even if available.

Better options must be out there. Mind you, how long have we been wanting a good central striker to help BZ and AJ? Blimmin years.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

For half the cost I would be tempted.

Good first touch, good at holding things up, and scores the odd goal too.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 26, 2011, 01:31:08 PM
Fulham are still sodding about with the legal case surrounding the reason Crouch didn't come here last time. Mark Hughes wasn't backed in the transfer market (his words and for a fee over ten million) So I cannot see us even trying to go for Crouch even if available.

Better options must be out there. Mind you, how long have we been wanting a good central striker to help BZ and AJ? Blimmin years.

Where did Hughes say that he was not backed in the transfer market?

aFFCn_Fan

I've not admitted this publicly before now, but I went to see Spurs play over the weekend. You see, here in deepest darkest South Africa we don't get to see Premiership-quality teams very often, and given the poor performance by Crouch and his mates I think it will be at least another year until I see one (unless I can swing a trip back to the cottage).

I've often thought of Crouch as underrated and the window when we were in for him, before Dave Richards influenced his move to Spurs, I would have liked to see him at CC. However, I really don't think so any more. If,as Mitch said, it was 3mill and his wages weren't an issue then fine....and I think Mrs Murphy might have had competition for hottest Wag. But at 9mill Droopy Redknapp is on course to ruin another club by excessively stockpiling players in an ever expanding squad.

Anyway, back to Saturday's game. The only players from Spuds that looked worth anything were Kranjcar, Assou-Ekottou and Bale. I thought Walker played well in the U21 WC, but to my mind either Walker on a loan or Kranjcar at a decent figure (say 3-5m) should be the only ones to look at from spurs.
@hincharoo

FulhamMic

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 26, 2011, 01:31:08 PMMark Hughes wasn't backed in the transfer market (his words and for a fee over ten million) So I cannot see us even trying to go for Crouch even if available.

I believe there are many underlying reasons why Hughes apparently wasn't backed by Mo & the board in the transfer market; money not being one of them.

Mo has proved in the past that if he trusts and respects the manager then he'll back him.

I believe Mo knew Hughes only saw us as a stop gap, and probably viewed Hughes in the same light. Jol was his first choice, Jol was approached at Christmas; for me the writing was always on the wall with regards Hughes' future at the club, hence the reluctance to allow him to spend.

Mitch

The point as to whether he'd be back up and be happy for that is a salient one. After all, why leave Spurs for our bench and why spend £9 million a sub?
Also, Danny Muprhy's missus is a lovely lady. She wins.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I'm sure we could much better players for the same price.

Bare in mind that Spurs bought Van der Vaart for £8m. Tottenham rate their players so much higher than they are actually worth, a hard side to buy players from as they are adament on their asking price.

MontenegroWhite

I wouldn't mind if we can get him for few millions of euros, but to pay 9 millions it's nonsense. It's far too much, although he can do very good job in the air.