https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - What an utter load of BBC intellectual tosh

Started by finnster01, July 29, 2011, 04:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

nevzter

"By their next LP, the Clash's producer was boasting of "more guitars per square inch than anything in the history of Western civilisation". London Calling offers so much to listen to that it's possible to miss most of the words between the opening line and the end of the chorus."

F&%# $hit.  I'll never forget the lyrics to "London Calling" because of some bloody guitars, that are awesome by the way.  As a young Yank, this song was my Clash introduction and they're one of my, if not the, favorite bands ever since.  RIP Strummer. 
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

The Equalizer

Well said Nevzter! That article was a load of trumped up pretentious w**k. They played 'Bank Robber' on BBC 6 Music this morning. Great listening. Great band.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

The Bronsons

It's not intellectual. It's pseudo-intellectual: more concerned with big words than with meaning.