watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - F1 to Sky

Started by King_Crud, July 29, 2011, 10:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Crud

After the recent comments by F1 people about it needing to stay on free to air, this is a shocking decision

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jul/29/bbc-sky-share-f1-broadcast-rights

The Equalizer

Agreed mate. I guess I'll only be watching half of the races next season then...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

LBNo11

...no surprise, money influences all sport and so if you don't have the money, or don't want to do business with the provider you are stuffed.

Slowly it will become pay per view and the punters will moan but still pay - seeing as it is murdochs sky, people should be HACKED off...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

The Bronsons

Looks like more money goes to the owners of the richest club in London. Maybe they can stretch to a bid for Kuqi now?

King_Crud

it's the ads returning I'm going to be most pissed off about. The amount of moaning my mates in Australia do about it, i always have a smugness when i tell them of no such issues on the beeb

Lighthouse

Just commented about this on Twitter. Fact is sports like Boxing,Cricket now F1 will lose casual audiences. I am no fan of F1 but 'get into it' when it is on the Beeb. Can you imagine Bothams Ashes series if Sky existed and it was only shown on there. It would just be a footnote.

Money in the short term but lack of interest in the long term.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AlFayedsChequebook

I wonder how many fans that F1 will lose in the UK?

I enjoy watching it, but wont have sky when the new season starts, so simply wont watch it.

King_Crud

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 29, 2011, 10:34:57 AM
Just commented about this on Twitter. Fact is sports like Boxing,Cricket now F1 will lose casual audiences. I am no fan of F1 but 'get into it' when it is on the Beeb. Can you imagine Bothams Ashes series if Sky existed and it was only shown on there. It would just be a footnote.

couldn't agree more. As a cricket fan i'm torn between the money Sky provides for grassroots cricket, and the fact that the casual fan, and the kids, doesn't watch it. At least F1 is so fecking rich it doesn't need the cash

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 29, 2011, 10:34:57 AM

Spot on.

You have to wonder what Sky is doing to Cricket and other small market sports. Did the ECB not come out recently and bemoan the lack of interest in cricket from youngsters? Hmm, maybe they should reconsider selling off ALL the cricket coverage to Sky. Cretins.