watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Video highlights...

Started by Tktd, July 29, 2011, 11:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

maybe this can explain why Jol is satisfied but not happy...

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/rnk-split-fulham-14096295/

Having watched it , to me, it looked as if they were giving it their all - trying the spectacular on a number of occasions but not really having the skill to pull them off - they do look though, a lot more professionally up for it then previous team and could still cause us a few problems in the return leg.

As for our performance - we caused them problems and got into some promising positions but didn't make the most of them. We also looked as if we didn't get out of 1st gear apart from a few momentswhen we were in 2nd (attacking wise at least!)

I think we'll also get a good indicator of how good a manager Jol is at the home game... having set up a team againt them based on basic knowledge, now he knows how they operate perhaps we'll go about it a more effective way!? Fingers crossed!

Lighthouse

I watched Etuhu in the brief moments in the highlights and he really looked lost. Unfair to comment on just  a few snippets but something is not right. Also loved the clear foul throw that nearly led to a goal for them. Fact is we were not sharp enough and the space between the central midfield and the central strikers seemed too big. Still all to play for.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tktd

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 29, 2011, 11:40:30 AM
I watched Etuhu in the brief moments in the highlights and he really looked lost. Unfair to comment on just  a few snippets but something is not right. Also loved the clear foul throw that nearly led to a goal for them. Fact is we were not sharp enough and the space between the central midfield and the central strikers seemed too big. Still all to play for.

For me, I think coming across a team like this, which was a lot higher standard wise than the previous teams, was inevitable.

My concern though is that the standard of the games wont be good enough in even building us up to the opening day premiership standard....

i'm not convinced that Split are tougher oposition than an opening day Villa team - which worries me for two reasons - one Villa are a team, in my opinion on the rocks - Young and Downing have been sold, they had a bad last season and have a manager the fans hate... they should be ripe for the taking, but will we be up to the standard which allows us to win...?!

Dixie

That was the highlights?!

Love Schwarzer's reaction after the foul throw - it was definitely a foul throw though.
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

Lighthouse

The only advantage in playing these games under a new manager, is at least he wont be fooled into thinking the squad is as good as he thought it was. We need a wide player, a forward(s) a right back to add to the squad.  But we are as far away from being ready for Villa as we would have been playing friendly games. Which is I agree, far from ideal or what we hoped.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WhiteJC

Snibbo

Blimey, if those were the highlights, I'm glad I didn't get up in the middle of the Australian night to watch the whole thing.

That Schwarzer dash out to the right of his box, getting stranded and being caught out was reminiscent of the Liverpool game last season. He can cut that out for a start.