watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

IMPORTANT: Re Norway flag tribute

Started by LBNo11, August 02, 2011, 03:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...I have been in touch with FFC regarding the flags and any possible restrictions there may be in bringing them into the ground.

A degree of common sense applies:-

Hand held flags similar to the size used at the FFC flag day against WBA a few years ago are OK (Approx dimensions 50 x 35 cms - 20 x 14")

Flags with flagpoles that are made of wood may not be allowed in, but plastic flagpoles are OK as long as they are not massive. If you are required to remove a pole you can take it to gate 20 by the Johnny Haynes statue, they will give you a receipt and you can collect any articles after the game on producing the receipt.

If you are planning to take a really big flag - say over 3M - 10 ft then you may need to contact the clubs safety officer as he could require a fire retardent certification.

The club are happy with this initiative and just ask that common sense is applied by the fans wishing to bring a flag, and they will pass on to their employees what is happening so they can apply the correct degree of tolerance.

The club's safety officer may make a statement in due course...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Airfix

They simply HAVE to let them in.  Having had some publicity already, there is a lesson here: get the publicity out there and THEN contact the club.  They'd then realise that they'd look bad by refusing entry to such a tribute...

Not that I'd advocate doing things that way personally, no sirree....

finnster01

The only problem is if the flags have that wooden pole. I don't know why plastic is better/safer than wood, but there may actually be some safety thing they need to comply with.

I once was told to remove it at a rugby match at a trip to Lansdown Rd a few years back when I brought a flag that was attached to a wooden pole. Have never brought a flag to the Cottage though so I wouldn't know.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

The Equalizer

It's strange that they're not allowing wooden poles. I've been to many games at the Cottage with a flag on a pole, mostly during our promotion season.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Burt

Good that the club have been reasonably receptive to this.
:54:

epsomraver

As long as there is no cost involved to them they will!

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC