watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army Aftermath

Started by bog, August 04, 2011, 10:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Morning all. My top 5 Aftermath feelings following Fulham games. I know there are loads more of them but these are the ones that I have come up with at short notice!

5th:- 1966. After Steve Earle's hat trick at Northampton saw us win 4-2 and survive another season.

4th:- 1998 Hearing the fans chanting in the background at Mansfield After a 0-0 saw promotion clinched.

3rd:-  1962 Travelling back full of pride After we was robbed rotten at Villa Park in the semi final against Burnley. This after being given no chance and playing them off the park (Villa Park).

2nd:- 2003. This After the 3-1 win at Old Trafford. I will never forget that leaving of the ground. It was was salmons swimming against the current as me and my wife made our way through all the dejected United fans, our scarves most prominent.

1st:- 2010. After the semi final win over Hamburg and my euphoric dancing (all very embarassing for my wife) as we were leaving down the Fulham Palace Road...   

Thank you and good night.   

In the Enclosure

The Villa Park 0-2 FA Cup win away against Villa when they were top of the Premiership and we were in Division 3 - Unbelievable !!  at that time.

An old Villa fan looked at me before the game and said 4-0. I wish I could
have found him afterwards to point out that he was only half right.

CorkedHat

I would have to include our 10-1 drubbing of Ipswich when they were a top team. We won't mention the return game a few days later!
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

GTS

I think I would add Brunton Park 1997. Never left a game so wet and yet so happy.....Rodney Macaree etc. Couldn't stop giggling like an idiot all the way down the M6!!!

Also I think I would have to mention a certain day at Fratton Park, incredible feeling celebrating at the end, and of course after the Juventus home game, complete contrast to the away game as well !!!

ron

3-0 cup win against Wimbledon ...was it in 2000?

"Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio" to the Wimbledon fans as they were streaming off the Putney End terraces (!) will live with me for a long time...mainly because it was proof that we had grown, and could live with and beat Prem teams after 30 odd years in the wilderness.

Airfix

Semi-final (away leg) 0-0 at Hamburg.  That was just MAD!

bog