watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Martin Jol

Started by Me-ate-Live, innit??, August 07, 2011, 12:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I have not really warmed to him on account of his involvement with the gobs$its and him playing us last year
He was supposed to have kept his house in London yet he is living in a hotel. He say his wife will be 'doing' the Barbie for the squad
Any self respecting man would at least pretend that they are in charge of the meat cremation  ...don't they ????

RidgeRider

If you can't BBQ or grill meat, then you should have your 'man card' immediately revoked and removed from your person. However, doing a bbq requires much more than just meat cremation....there is the prep, all the side dishes, preparing the meat....frankly the grilling part is the easiest and take the least amount of work. Perhaps that is what he meant and frankly cooking for 25 athletes probably requires some help as well.

Kcat, stay away from the "down on Jol" club that a few others belong to....it's just a grumpy group with no real mission.......their initial argument we weren't getting younger has been tossed aside since we have signed 5 youngsters and soon it will probably be we are not adventurous enough in attack which won't last long, then it will probably be he is bald.  :dft012:

cebu

Be glad - an honest man at last.   :hook:

YankeeJim

Ridgie, one must respect the long time FFC concept of being Fulhamish. The old timers make the Cubs fans seem optimistic. If they found a full keg of Fullers ESB they'd expect to be warm & flat. Gotta love'em, especially that sexy kitten.  :004:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

leonffc

Jol looks like he eats raw meat anyway. He probably doesn't have much practice on the cooking side

Lighthouse

What has Jol ever done for us? Besides buy a few players who are young, some of whom were already on the Fulham ckecklist. I shall tell you what he has done. Not one thing BECAUSE WE HAVEN'T PLAYED A BLEEDIN GAME YET. No I am not counting the game against farmers and Irish part timers. Or even the little bit fortunate win against the Split team.

I am not treating him like a real nice chap or a hero because I remember a few tactical howlers when he was at Spuds. Although he does like nice football. A few signs we are trying the quick pass, so that is good. Far too early to treat him as anything but a manager at the start of his tenure. Good luck to him, but he hasn't done anything yet because we haven't played anybody.

A win against Villa, playing classy football. Would indeed make him a hero until the next game.

I am off to drink a warm, flat Fullers. With a pink bit of underdone pork. I like my meat well done or even burnt. None of this blimmin rare nonesense. But pink underdone food and warm beer is what I expect. Think how happy I am when the meat and beer are just right. Then I am the biggest fan of the cook one could find.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jimbobob

087.gif :023: 087.gif

I have never understood the "man" card on the BBQ.
That is just what I want to do...stand out in 100 degree heat stoking a grill and flipping burgers or steak when I can have a winch do it??? Seems like a no brainier to me.
I can drink watch football play with the music shoot the crap.... 078.gif
Hell with that  082.gif 082.gif 082.gif
And if she dosen't get my steak right she does it again  098.gif 098.gif 098.gif
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Snibbo

Quote from: Jimbobob on August 07, 2011, 04:19:03 AM

Nor have I. Maybe because I'm vegetarian.

HatterDon

:tom: does a Dutchman know about BBQ in the first place?

Hatter "Texansknowsgrillingandhowtoressurectdefunctsmilies" Don
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

SG

Good on him, seems to have his wife well trained  :hook:

YankeeJim

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 07, 2011, 02:08:32 AM
What has Jol ever done for us? Besides buy a few players who are young, some of whom were already on the Fulham ckecklist. I shall tell you what he has done. Not one thing BECAUSE WE HAVEN'T PLAYED A BLEEDIN GAME YET. No I am not counting the game against farmers and Irish part timers. Or even the little bit fortunate win against the Split team.

I am not treating him like a real nice chap or a hero because I remember a few tactical howlers when he was at Spuds. Although he does like nice football. A few signs we are trying the quick pass, so that is good. Far too early to treat him as anything but a manager at the start of his tenure. Good luck to him, but he hasn't done anything yet because we haven't played anybody.

A win against Villa, playing classy football. Would indeed make him a hero until the next game.

I am off to drink a warm, flat Fullers. With a pink bit of underdone pork. I like my meat well done or even burnt. None of this blimmin rare nonesense. But pink underdone food and warm beer is what I expect. Think how happy I am when the meat and beer are just right. Then I am the biggest fan of the cook one could find.

Ridgie, I rest my case.  :beer:  FDlat & warm to be sure.  :003:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Peabody

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 07, 2011, 02:08:32 AM

Just how was our win against Split fortunate? Assume you are talking about the first leg when the Split finishing was woeful, so that was thier own fault not ours. Second leg we were in control for the whole game. So, just how were we fortunate?

Jimbobob

Quote from: Snibbo on August 07, 2011, 04:36:19 AM
Quote from: Jimbobob on August 07, 2011, 04:19:03 AM

Nor have I. Maybe because I'm vegetarian.

:023: :023: :024: :024:
Well played Snibbo....well played!!!
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

csf79849504

Being "across the pond" it has been a little tough this summer to get info on how Martin is doing -- especially playing Europa League "pre-season matches". Since we know he has a great understanding of the game and , we will wait and see how this translates to success on the pitch.

What do you think, so far:

- the best impact he has had on the team?
- the most surprising thing he has done with the team?

Go Whites!

MJG

Quote from: csf79849504 on August 07, 2011, 06:41:18 PM
Being "across the pond" it has been a little tough this summer to get info on how Martin is doing -- especially playing Europa League "pre-season matches". Since we know he has a great understanding of the game and , we will wait and see how this translates to success on the pitch.

What do you think, so far:

- the best impact he has had on the team?
- the most surprising thing he has done with the team?

Go Whites!
first point-bringing in what looks like a very good young midfielder.
Second point-Etuhu over Sidwell and also Senderos in place of Hughes at CB

WHITEwitch

Ms Kilkenny hope to see you at the next European evening.

Rest easy everyone at MP absolutely adores Mr J.   He is genuine and warm and treats all the staff equally - remembers names and is a pussycat unless a firm touch is needed.

The word du jour or pour manager seems to be  'fair'.

From the purest of sources of course!

Oh and P.S. I wasn't there myself but my gel was and reports the BBQ was just lovely with players and staff really relaxed and friendly.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 07, 2011, 01:49:57 AM
Kcat, stay away from the "down on Jol" club that a few others belong to....it's just a grumpy group with no real mission.......their initial argument we weren't getting younger has been tossed aside since we have signed 5 youngsters and soon it will probably be we are not adventurous enough in attack which won't last long, then it will probably be he is bald.  :dft012:
No RR...........What you really need to understand is: the pure joy of being a fuzball supporter is that you can hate and love for no apparent reasons. Example your man love for Konchesky and my fetish for the fast winger Hameur Bouazza.
For me it is hard to embrace (in a manner of speaking) Mr Jol because : The Gob$hites of N17 believe they 'gave' him to us, his past association with them and him playing us last year.  But...............If Mo can overlook/forgive, then so can I and the bottom line is He is FULHAM and I will support . 

WW :) I had a ticket for it but stuff happened, will be there for the next one with the possy  
Thank you for mentioning  my other team, they are doing well as usual  098.gif
http://kilkennycats.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7785&sid=be22ffa92dc4fb1e70a646e5d3bc385b

Burt

Ooh a football related post!

I have warmed to the Godfarjer more than I ever did to Hughes, who despite his undoubted prowess at turning things around after our Boxing Day defeat against the Hammers did little to endear himself to, or connect with, the fan-base.

The Godfarjer seems to be more "human", and so far seems to be making the right sort of impact with the team.

However, lets at least give him a few league matches before we start praising or condeming.

Lighthouse

I haven't seen this warm manager that people are talking about. I have seen a manager that makes few statements, some that make opposite points to the ones he made before, I am sure he is a lovely guy but as for warming to him, I have yet to see it. 

I agree, let's wait until our side has played at least 10 games and then sack him at Christmas  :dead horse:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope