watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Encouraging Stats

Started by White Noise, August 09, 2011, 08:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/09082011/58/premier-league-match-facts-fulham-v-aston-villa.html

Premier League - Match facts: Fulham v Aston Villa

Tue, 09 Aug 06:15:00 2011

Facts and figures ahead of the Premier League clash between Fulham and Aston Villa at Craven Cottage.

Fulham scored the highest percentage of goals from headers (31%) in the 2010-11 Premier League.

Eight of the last 13 Premier League games between Fulham and Villa have ended as draws.

Aston Villa dropped more points (26) from winning positions than any other team in the 2010-11 Premier League.

Fulham conceded the highest percentage of first-half goals (63%) in the 2010-11 Premier League.

The Whites conceded just 23% of their goals from set pieces, the lowest percentage in the top flight.

Aston Villa conceded a joint league-high 14 goals from corners in 2010-11.

The Villans have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 20 Premier League away games.

Fulham have lost just one of their last nine Premier League home matches.

The Londoners have kept six clean sheets in their last nine matches at Craven Cottage but conceded seven in the last two.

34% of the goals Villa conceded were netted in the final 15 minutes of games, a divisional high in 2010-11.

Opta

ImperialWhite

Shall we make this the "Aston Villa preview thread"? I'd love to have a regular thread discussing the opposition (in addition to our usual predict the score/predict the line up threads).

BetFair thinks:

Fulham 2.2 (45%)
Draw 3.4 (29%)
Villa 3.75 (27%)

As usual for us, they predict a low scoring match.
Fewer than 3 goals (<2.5) 1.78 (57%)

The two most likely outcomes are 1-1 (1st) and 1-0 (2nd).

Previous meetings

05/02/2011 Aston Villa 2-2  Fulham
06/11/2010 Fulham 1-1  Aston Villa
30/01/2010 Fulham 0-2  Aston Villa

Our form

Fulham 2-0  RNK Split
RNK Split 0-0  Fulham
Fulham 4-0  Crusaders
Crusaders 1-3  Fulham
NSI Runavik 0-0  Fulham
Fulham 3-0  NSI Runavik

Aston Villa's form
Braga 1-1  Aston Villa
Aston Villa 0-2  Chelsea
Aston Villa 1-0  Blackburn
Aston Villa 1-0  Liverpool
Arsenal 1-2  Aston Villa
Aston Villa 1-1  Wigan

Maidstone Lee

I still think we'll win this 2-0.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

ImperialWhite

Possible Villa lineup*

*caveat - the Villa starting XI is not set in stone. The Villa fans don't settle on anyone squad (or formation, even). It also looks like McLeish has been experimenting during pre-season.

ImperialWhite

Sheepskin Junior

It's a good thing to know that Villa can't defend corners and we can score a lot from corners. Goal from Brede?
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on August 10, 2011, 03:25:53 PM
It's a good thing to know that Villa can't defend corners and we can score a lot from corners. Goal from Brede?

Corner - Hangeland+Dempsey+Senderos lurking - an uncertain Villa back four - easy goals!

os5889

Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on August 10, 2011, 03:25:53 PM

I think they will be tight at the back, every Mccleish team has been good defensively just somewhat inadequate when going forward

clintclintdeuce

I still reckon a 3-1 thumping.
The Dude abides.

ImperialWhite

Fernhurst

Thanks for posting IW....... actually a better line-up than I envisiged.

After losing Young, Barry, Downing and Milner, I thought they would look a little more "threadbare"

Good attacking midfield, with Albrighton and Insomnia providing a right handful for our defenders. Their weakness is evident in the centre of defence and Petrov has slowed down to the point where is thinks Smurph is lightening ..... interesting opening fixture.......My 5-0 prediction will need to be revised though to a bit of a fearful 1-0.