Looking good...

105/0

Strauss 65, Cook 31.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Burt on August 11, 2011, 12:18:16 PM
Looking good...

105/0

Strauss 65, Cook 31.

I've been following it for the last half an hour and we've scored 10 runs in that time. I know they're playing strategy here, but surely we need to score more runs than India in order to be able to get them in to bat again...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Airfix

Quote from: The Equalizer on August 11, 2011, 12:21:14 PM
Looking good...

105/0

Strauss 65, Cook 31.

I've been following it for the last half an hour and we've scored 10 runs in that time. I know they're playing strategy here, but surely we need to score more runs than India in order to be able to get them in to bat again...

If there is one danger in Test cricket, it's impatience, it is often the death of a batsman.  You take your runs when you can safely accumulate them, sometimes it is slow, sometimes it comes quickly.  There are nearly four days yet, let's get a good enough total to make them bat again and beat them by an innings - that could mean another two days of England batting yet.

Patience, young Skywalker!

Whiteroom

India look down and out. I wonder whether they will get a grip at any point in this series. That said, England do look like the best side in the world!

The Equalizer

Quote from: Airfix on August 11, 2011, 12:29:22 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on August 11, 2011, 12:21:14 PM
Looking good...

105/0

Strauss 65, Cook 31.

If there is one danger in Test cricket, it's impatience, it is often the death of a batsman.  You take your runs when you can safely accumulate them, sometimes it is slow, sometimes it comes quickly.  There are nearly four days yet, let's get a good enough total to make them bat again and beat them by an innings - that could mean another two days of England batting yet.

Patience, young Skywalker!

I know! It's just want to see us give them a comprehensive stuffing as soon as possible. Nice couple of boundaries there from the boys. Sensible cricket and something that India have completely failed in so far in this series.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Burt

Strauss is getting to that dangerous place where he can sniff a century...but needs to maintain his composure as he closes on it.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Burt on August 11, 2011, 12:57:19 PM
Strauss is getting to that dangerous place where he can sniff a century...but needs to maintain his composure as he closes on it.

Nailed it. Strauss gone.

186/1

Burt

The Equalizer

Bell seems to think he's playing Twenty20. 12 off one over. Nice cricket!

Burt

Not far behind India's total now, with 8 wickets in hand...

The Equalizer

Quote from: Burt on August 11, 2011, 02:29:21 PM
Not far behind India's total now, with 8 wickets in hand...

Keep it cool Trig, keep it cool!  :dft012:

ron

9 left........and Strauss evidently out off a no-ball !

Burt

The Equalizer

Dravid drops a catch from Bell. Then this comment crops up on Cricinfo:

"What a waste of time - getting Bell out, then calling him back, then addressing media in the evening stating reason. Better, drop the catch"

Brilliant!

The Equalizer

Alastair Cook - cracking century!  :clap_hands:

The Equalizer

Burt

KP in... Be interesting to see how cautious/aggressive he will be.

Airfix

Quote from: Burt on August 11, 2011, 03:30:06 PM

SIX!

Burt

Quote from: Airfix on August 11, 2011, 03:56:14 PM
Quote from: Burt on August 11, 2011, 03:30:06 PM

SIX!

Yup...guess that answers my question  :yay: