News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Quick Straw Poll - Will Our Game Go Ahead On Saturday... Yes / No ?

Started by mrska, August 11, 2011, 10:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quick Straw Poll - Will Our Game Go Ahead On Saturday... Yes / No  ?

YES
25 (78.1%)
NO
7 (21.9%)

Total Members Voted: 26

mrska

Quick Straw Poll - Will Our Game Go Ahead On Saturday... Yes / No  ?

FIND OUT @ 6PM

mrska

TonyGilroy

I think not.

Police are working double shifts and that can't go on for long. Extra duties will be avoided if possible although the government will want things back to normal ASAP yet dare not risk trouble on the streets with inadequate police response.

I wouldn't be surprised if the club were making contingency plans for Thursday such as playing the game at somewhere like Southampton or Norwich.

Tom

I think the game will go on. You can't let these young punks win and dictate things. Plus Sky reported that there wasn't any major violence last night. 065.gif To all you good Brits!
Fulham for life!

Andy_M

I think the violence/rioting/looting has calmed significantly and I think that the threats of increased strength from the police i.e. rubber bullets/watercanons etc. may be having its desired effect and beginning to deter the rioting. Add to this the amount of arrests and the threats from some local authorities saying that if you are caught and you are a council tenant living in a council property you will be evicted, I can't help but think we have seen the worst of it.

Plus I'm bloody craving some Premier League action!
@got_maile

The Equalizer

I'm very hopeful that it will go ahead. Hopefully things have calmed enough to allow it and people are wary of starting trouble for fear of arrest. There is still a doubt in my mind as to the availability of the police.

It'd probably take about 500 police to manage both the home games in the borough which could probably be better used elsewhere.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

FC Silver Fox

I don't think its the risk of violence at the grounds themselves, I think its more a question of taking away police resources which won't be available for the Saturday evening and night.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

mrska

There some senior Policeman saying he wants the games to go ahead..  but it's up to local commanders...

TonyGilroy

It must be difficult to say that one of the two matches only can go ahead. I think it has to be both or neither.

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Lighthouse

Other games look ok. Final Decison may be delayed until 6pm tonight.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FC Silver Fox

All games this season are cancelled. The 3 points of each game are split evenly between the teams. All teams finish the season on 57 points with the same goal average. Positions will be decided on alphabetical order.

Arsenal win the league
Fulham finish 7th
West Brom, Wigan and Wolves are relegated.

Next please.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Fernhurst

Silver Fox........ behave

Were going to be allright...... me and the missues are taking the grandsons, so the rioters better be warned if my missues is in town!

COYW COYW COYW COYW COYW

Scrumpy

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 11, 2011, 12:44:19 PM
Silver Fox........ behave

Were going to be allright...... me and the missues are taking the grandsons, so the rioters better be warned if my missues is in town!

COYW COYW COYW COYW COYW

I hope it's on too. It's part of my wife's birthday treat  :wine:, so I'll be gutted if it's off now. Jeez, the organizing that I have had to do so far!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

watfordwhite

PM questions on SKY.(just now)
Spuds game OFF but all other London games should go ahead but at earlier times, as agreed by the FA

Burt

I think it will go ahead.

We are a civilized bunch and don't need much policing.

finnster01

FRom the Beeb:

1339: FOOTBALL - Prime minister David Cameron has said that other Premier League matches in London this weekend could kick-off earlier than scheduled after Tottenham's game against Everton was postponed earlier today.

You know, there is only one other Prem game in London so pay notice to any announcements and that is us.

Actually forgot about QPR. I suspect they will try to stagger the games

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Maidstone Lee

I thinks so, the fulham area seems to be ok so i'd be surprised if it was called off. COYW!
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

HatterDon

Well, since the poll reads yes by a 23-7 vote, it's pretty clear to me that the match will go on.

COYW, don't forget your flags, and hope to see some of y'all in the chatroom.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on August 11, 2011, 11:21:14 AM
All games this season are cancelled. The 3 points of each game are split evenly between the teams. All teams finish the season on 57 points with the same goal average. Positions will be decided on alphabetical order.

Arsenal win the league
Fulham finish 7th
West Brom, Wigan and Wolves are relegated.

Next please.

Great post sir!  064.gif
The Dude abides.