more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol still keen to add - positive

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, August 12, 2011, 05:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brede Butter Pudding

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11661_7095753,00.html

Fulham manager Martin Jol has revealed he would like to add to his squad before the close of the transfer window - with a back-up for striker Bobby Zamora a priority.

The Dutchman, who replaced Mark Hughes at the helm in June, has already added John Arne Riise, Marcel Gecov and Pajtim Kasami to his side this summer.

However, with the club progressing through to the Europa League play-offs, Jol is aware of the strain the extra games in Europe may have on his squad and is keen to boost numbers.

The former Spurs boss is specifically targeting a striker as back-up to Zamora, who missed much of last season with a broken leg, and has already seen a bid for Birmingham's Cameron Jerome fail.

"I'm happy with the squad we have got, if they are fit," Jol said ahead of Fulham's Premier League opener at home to Aston Villa on Saturday.

"That is probably not realistic though so that's why we are looking for one or two additions.

"It will be hard to find someone like him (Zamora). If Bobby is injured, we lack a number nine. On the other hand, Clint (Dempsey) can play that position."

Preparation

Jol also played down any negative impact the club's early Europa League campaign may have on their Premier League season.

The Cottagers played their first competitive match on 30th June and have already beaten NSI Runavik, Crusaders and RNK Split over two legs this season.

"I don't see there is a lot of difference in playing friendlies (or playing in the Europa League qualifiers). It wasn't as if we were playing Inter Milan or Ajax. It was Crusaders and Split.

"Hopefully it will have given us enough preparation for the season."

MrFFC

Is all we need is a back up to Zamora a target man and maybe a right back (Hutton) ? Our squad is looking strong i don't want to see new wide players we have Duff Dempsey Davies Briggs Frei and Kasami who can play there we don't need any more centre midfielders we are well set this season a back up striker and a right back with a bit of pace would be quality though
Come on you Whites!! :)

Mr Fulham

HatterDon

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 12, 2011, 07:02:33 PM
Quote from: MrFFC on August 12, 2011, 06:39:45 PM
Duff Dempsey Davies Briggs Frei and Kasami

No wingers.

Duff has been a winger most of his career. If he plays on the right, JAR can do some mega overlapping.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr Fulham

Quote from: HatterDon on August 13, 2011, 12:58:44 AM

No wingers.

Duff has been a winger most of his career. If he plays on the right, JAR can do some mega overlapping.

Whilst I agree with you, Don ( :028:), I think we nevertheless could do with a Kakuta-like character. Most teams know what Duff is all about, and what Davies is all about - a player like Kakuta or Max Gradel could give us a much needed "breath of fresh air" out wide IMHO.

HatterDon

I certainly wouldn't object to either of those.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 13, 2011, 01:19:47 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on August 13, 2011, 12:58:44 AM

No wingers.

Whilst I agree with you, Don ( :028:), I think we nevertheless could do with a Kakuta-like character. Most teams know what Duff is all about, and what Davies is all about - a player like Kakuta or Max Gradel could give us a much needed "breath of fresh air" out wide IMHO.

I think that in their different ways Briggs and Frei could give us that. I think they'll become regulars this season.