watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Macedo Will Be At The Cottage Tomorrow

Started by White Noise, August 12, 2011, 11:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Lass who works at Fulham says that he will be at the Villa game.

I wonder if he is ready for the reception he will receive from certain sections of The Riverside???  086.gif

Peabody

He most certainley will. Well from me anyway.

finnster01

Well, as he is related to Blingo that can only mean a huge boost to the Blingo end of the Lighhouse-Blingo scale, so I sense the 3 points being a lot closer  :54:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FC Silver Fox

If I were Schwartzer, I'd be worried about losing my place.  If someone takes a camera can they please post of photo of him.  Has he retired in Gib? I know he was born there.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

SG

My favourite FFC goalkeeper of all time - great player and did not get the international recognition that he deserved.

Blingo

He lives in South Africa, Brian.

CorkedHat

Quote from: Peabody on August 13, 2011, 12:12:15 AM

And he would from me too Mr P. In spite of Mr Gilroy's misgivings Tony Macedo was without doubt the most exciting goalkeeper we have ever had. Yes he had a couple of nightmares during a long career but he made up for any errors a million times over.  092.gif
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Fernhurst

Wow...... I would love to get a pic with him.

Recently have watched a tape of him in 1962 and CH is right, most exciting keeper in our history and would easily be a member of my favorite Fulham 11.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: CorkedHat on August 13, 2011, 09:50:51 AM
Quote from: Peabody on August 13, 2011, 12:12:15 AM

And he would from me too Mr P. In spite of Mr Gilroy's misgivings Tony Macedo was without doubt the most exciting goalkeeper we have ever had. Yes he had a couple of nightmares during a long career but he made up for any errors a million times over.  092.gif

The tragedy is that it wasn't a long career. He was no longer an effective 1st Division keeper by the time he was in his mid twenties.

I'll still give him a cheer though albeit a discrete one as I will be in the Riverside.

epsomraver

I would cheer him too, remember a goalie is only as good as the 10 in front of him

Peabody

Here we go again Tony. On what basis do you think he was'nt up to 1st Div when he was i his twenties, or is that an opinion? My memory is that, during that period, the defence in front of him had got worse and yes, this did affect his confidence but form is a fickle thing and I still think he was our greatest ever GK

epsomraver

Quote from: Peabody on August 13, 2011, 10:59:12 AM
Here we go again Tony. On what basis do you think he was'nt up to 1st Div when he was i his twenties, or is that an opinion? My memory is that, during that period, the defence in front of him had got worse and yes, this did affect his confidence but form is a fickle thing and I still think he was our greatest ever GK

I second that, when did Tony watch Macedo? I was 15 when I first  saw him  1n 1964 , I got the impression Tg is not that old.

Blingo

TG is 60, he has a bee in his bonnet about TM, but he KNOWS he was our best ever keeper ;p

cebu

Tony was just fine until he got kicked heftily in the head by an Everton player. He wasn't quite the same when he came back after that injury.

epsomraver

Quote from: Blingo on August 13, 2011, 11:09:13 AM
TG is 60, he has a bee in his bonnet about TM, but he KNOWS he was our best ever keeper ;p

Yes, wise football brain on an 11 year old :005:

Gozorich

When I took my then  girfriend who was Scottish to a match in the early sixties she was surprised to see from the programme that we had a Scottish keeper. :doh:

CorkedHat

Quote from: Gozorich on August 13, 2011, 01:37:50 PM
When I took my then  girfriend who was Scottish to a match in the early sixties she was surprised to see from the programme that we had a Scottish keeper. :doh:

You should have taken her a lot earlier and you would have seen a real one - Ian Black - and as Ed will testify, is one of the nicest gentlemen on this planet.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

bog

He is my best ever 'keeper for us. No doubt about it.