more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR thread (merged)

Started by WhiteJC, August 13, 2011, 08:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

QPR still haven't "officially" released either their home or away shirts

because they still haven't a shirt sponser?

cutbushcitylimits

I noticed from behind chris kamara's back today that what looked like 1/2 the bottom tier of the away end at the dome had that net thing closing off seats like european games.
Is the bottom half of that end now for home fans??

zzamora

064.gif

cannot wait to see all the qpha fans!

cutbushcitylimits

Video above answers my question must be to stop away fans dropping things from above

mrska

15,184  For their first Premier league game..  must of been a couple of thousand Bolton there as well...  Just gets better and Better

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: mr_ska on August 13, 2011, 09:48:41 PM
15,184  For their first Premier league game..  must of been a couple of thousand Bolton there as well...  Just gets better and Better
Really??? hahaha, i've already terriorised  my muggy bitter mates, now just about to do the rounds again. Great stuff Deano  :54:

FatFreddysCat

maksimir

Quote from: mr_ska on August 13, 2011, 09:48:41 PM
15,184  For their first Premier league game..  must of been a couple of thousand Bolton there as well...  Just gets better and Better

700 Bolton at it according to the web where they were also spouting about another takeover - some buyers have no class.  3,000 empty seats (even allowing some of them to be away) is a pretty poor attempt considering their core support last season was just below what they got today.

mrska

... and a player sent off..  welcome to the big boys league QPha ha ha ah!

Pata

The high ticket prices must be playing a role.
QPR absolute shambles from 45 mins onwards.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

Jack Fulham

Will get lower and lower as the season progresses, ridiculous prices they're charging.

HatterDon

I know they're the devil and all, but I feel a lot of sympathy for QPR supporters -- increased expectations, increased prices, players in only on the cheap. They don't have as strong a squad as they had last season in the nPC. What is being done to QPR supporters shouldn't be done to a dog. It's disgusting and an affront to all football supporters.

Of course, if it HAD to happen somewhere, I guess Loftus Road is as good a place as any.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

os5889

Oh and Kieran Dyer breaking a metarsal on debut - Wonderful day...

But honestly, did anyone expect him to play more than 3 games?

mrska

Kieran Dyer is a Daisy..  i just knew he'd get injured. He's another Louis Saha or Jonathan Woodgate....  An Own Goal, disallowed Goal, Player sent off, 4-0 drubbing  and a pitiful crowd...  It just couldn't of been a worse start!

077.gif 077.gif 077.gif 077.gif 077.gif 077.gif 077.gif 077.gif 077.gif 077.gif  077.gif

Me-ate-Live, innit??

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!  leave 'em be ............its been a while  since they were in the top flight
.........let them enjoy their year 

Mr_Moon

Tony Fernandes, Malaysian airline entrepreneur, is poised to take majority control of Queen's Park Rangers, the English Premiership football club, as early as Monday, according to people with knowledge of the transaction.

Mr Fernandes, owner of the low-cost airline AirAsia, is close to finalising a deal where he will buy a 51 per cent stake in the newly promoted West London club from Bernie Ecclestone, the Formula One motor racing chief.
More

The balance of Mr Ecclestone's 62 per cent holding would be acquired by Lakshmi Mittal, the UK-based Indian steel magnate who already holds a 33 per cent stake.

The deal would complete Mr Fernandes' long quest for ownership of a premiership club. He has several times tried and failed to buy West Ham United, the biggest soccer club in east London.

It would also provide a way out of a difficult situation at QPR for Mr Ecclestone, whose relationship with Mr Mittal has become increasingly fraught.

However, people with knowledge of the deal cautioned that it had not been sealed and could be delayed or even collapse as the parties sought to reach agreement on final details.

The price was unclear, although those close to the deal said Mr Fernandes would not be paying anything close to the £100m Mr Ecclestone was said to be seeking.

The outline deal may also provide the opportunity for a continuing role in the shareholding for Flavio Briatore, the former team principal of Renault F1 who was QPR chairman until last year and who retains a small stake.

Mr Fernandes, who with Mr Briatore watched QPR lose 4-0 at home to Bolton Wanderers on Saturday in the first match of the premier league season, is one of Asia's boldest and most successful entrepreneurs.

Neither Mr Ecclestone nor Mr Mittal was at the match. Mr Ecclestone did not return calls on Sunday asking for his views on the matter, while aides said Mr Mittal was on holiday and unavailable for comment.

With interests ranging from airlines to hotels and telecoms through his privately held Tune Group, Mr Fernandes' best known business is Kuala Lumpur based AirAsia, one of the most rapidly growing budget airlines in the region.

The English Premier League is highly popular in many parts of Asia, with widespread reporting on matches and broadcasting of live matches in many countries, including Malaysia and Singapore – both big markets for AirAsia.

Mr Fernandes last week announced a deal where he acquired informal control of state-owned Malaysian Airline System through a 20.5 per cent stake held by Tune.

In return, he gave the Malaysian government a 10 per cent holding in AirAsia and a similar interest in AirAsia X, a separately owned and managed long haul budget carrier.

Mr Fernandes, who has a keen eye for the value of sporting links in building brands for his businesses, is in his second year as proprietor of the Lotus F1 motor racing team, which he sees as a significant provider of publicity for AirAsia even though his holding in the airline is separate from his private investment in the racing team.

SP3

He was there watching yesterday apparently - watched them get slaughtered by a mediocre team, had a good look at Legoland, was probably able to count the 'crowd' - and still wants to buy them! A fool and his money ... 064.gif

zzamora

i think the key words here are

"founder of LOW-COST AIRLINE"

cutbushcitylimits

I wouldnt mind being a founder of a low cost airline.