News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our ending formation today. We have work to do.

Started by Jacob, August 13, 2011, 08:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Odd formation up front don't you guys think? Sorry for the huge picture. We started 4-4-2 and ended up with JAR and Hughes trying to scramble up the wings and etuhu dropping back to cover. I think there is where the "etuhu did well defensively, but not offensively. I don't know if he is used to distributing the ball from the back. Also note the circle. This is after Zamora was subbed. Are we playing bunch ball now????

zzamora

would like to see one of those just outside box.

murphy in right place- riise v attacking.

Jacob

Quote from: zzamora on August 13, 2011, 08:32:26 PM

Me too. I don't understand why they all bunched up right there towards the end of the game. 20 is Etuhu, He is almost playing a "forward" CB roll. Kind of odd.

zzamora

Quote from: Jacob on August 13, 2011, 08:35:43 PM
Quote from: zzamora on August 13, 2011, 08:32:26 PM

Me too. I don't understand why they all bunched up right there towards the end of the game. 20 is Etuhu, He is almost playing a "forward" CB roll. Kind of odd.
he's useless

MJG

Etuhu (20) is exactly where I would expect a holding midfielder to be, but he is not good enough to play that role. He gets given the ball and instead of looking to play it forward he gives it right back to the CB who gave him it.
Dempsey(23) was in pretty much no mans land.
Duff(16} was the most creative and the ball went through him a lot, he cuts inside and AJ overlaps him, hence on average they are on average in the same position. A lot of our play in the first half was down that area.