watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Never again

Started by Fernhurst, August 13, 2011, 09:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Sat in P1 surrounded by horrible Villa drunks and tourists. If I take my Grandsons again I will need to blag some spares in the Riverside
Thoughts from the day.
Maybe Jol is a little wiser after seeing us against Premier opposition. Despite buzzing around like a bee in jar, AJ is about as effective.
Senderos is not the answer, restore the HH partnership.
Ethu is effective as a big old unit but his passing of the ball is hardly Haynes like.
Murphy seemed to have the hump with everybody.
Riise Senior..... Good buy 
Who woke Duffers up in the second half?
Alex Mcleish should not wear a suit
Are those works in Bishops Park ever going to be completed?
Looks like a long old season again with any 3 from 12 in the frame for relegation

LBNo11

...thank you Ferny for putting my exact thoughts into words, agree with you 100%. Taking BZ off instead of the miniscule AJ amazed me too.

You cannot but admire AJ's 100% commitment and energy, but all our players are seeking him out as the target man instead of making space for themselves to have a poke - and when they do get the ball anywhere near AJ he is too easily muscled off the ball or lacks the pace to get ahead of the chase.

Too many times our attack fizzled out because the man who should be our target man who had the height and build to fend off the (ahem) robust villa defence was trying to find AJ - and then was the only substitution.

If Jol cannot see his tactics lack penetration and that we need a striker in action rather than name, and that BZ needs real competition for a place and someone of a similar style to cover for him then I will start to worry.

I'll probably see things differently when we finish 6th at the end of the season, but that is how I see things today..!

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

zzamora

AGREED. I WAS IN P1 AND IT WAS HORRIBLE.

MJG

I moved my ST from P1 to P2 for this year and found it a lot better than last season.

zzamora

Quote from: MJG on August 13, 2011, 09:27:07 PM
I moved my ST from P1 to P2 for this year and found it a lot better than last season.

still couldnt hear any fulham chants from anywhere, full of villa fans and had the villa racket all game

ScalleysDad

When a big away contingent turn up they always have the supreme advantage of being able to stand up without the yellow clad goblins telling them to "sid down" Always helps project the noise. Its not usually such a mix in P1 and P2 and I hope this is'nt the norm this season. Atmosphere was rubbish for the most part. Not sure about the Sendero/Hangers combo as yet but Bent did'nt get past him. Taking out lacklustre efforts like the Duff first half its the Murphy/Etuhu pairing that is our weakest link and at times today it was such by a long way. A big unit and a creative unit combine to offer very little apart from another petulant booking and a number of 5 yard passes. The Murph through ball to BZ in the first half was neither to feet, head or chest and it had BZ muttering. As you say Murphy had the ump all afternoon, again, and I'm not sure everybody on the pitch look to him as the untouchable talisman some on this board do. As I have said before probably Jols biggest decision of the season to come fairly soon.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and somebody get Dembele some boots that fit !!!!! 

The Bronsons

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 13, 2011, 09:10:55 PM

Best comment of the day. 100% accurate. A pig in a suit.

HatterDon

Quote from: The Bronsons on August 14, 2011, 01:06:22 AM
Quote from: Fernhurst on August 13, 2011, 09:10:55 PM

Best comment of the day. 100% accurate. A pig in a suit.

Agree, brilliant, Mr. Fernhurst. That comment made me laugh. Then I remembered what McLeish looked like today and I laughed again.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel