watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from South Luton, glass half full

Started by Rupert, August 14, 2011, 10:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupert

No, fear not HatterDon, I'm not out to steal your usual title, or make this a regular feature. S001.gif

Strange day, yesterday, I headed into London early in order to visit Dad's grave in Greenford before the game (its becoming a bit of a ritual for our first Saturday home game every season), then off to Hammersmith for some chips and on to the Cottage, walking along the riverside path, so far, so good.
Before the match all was positive, even the usual pessimists in our little group thought a draw was the worst that we would get, but then the match started.
I thought we were poor. I'm not going to single out individuals because I thought most of the players were culpable at some stage for some pretty awful decision making and a tendency to abandon whoever had the ball and leave him with fewer realistic options than I would have preferred to see.
Yet, for all that, I was never seriously worried that Villa would score, even when Heskey had a gilt edged chance near the end of the first half (though thank God it was Heskey) and, on another day, any one of three or four of our chances would have gone in and we would be reasonably satisfied with a 1-0 win over a well organised, very defensive Villa.

We will play better than that, we will play opponents who are less defensive in outlook, we will meet goalies who have a normal game rather than an inspired one, our lot will find their scoring boots.

We are 13 wins from safety with 37 games to go, 18 of them at home.

We are not QPHa (sorry, does this count as kicking someone when they are down?).
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

epsomraver

Peabody

Totally agree. Would have preferred to see more substitutes but there you go.

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel