News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR-What on earth is up with Arsenal - Fabregas gone (merged)

Started by finnster01, August 14, 2011, 03:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

Imminently about to lose Fabregas and Nasri just to name a few. Wenger purchasing young talent nobody's ever heard of as usual. Not addressing the real issues such as buying a real keeper and a real CD (thank God).

Over the years I have taken severe abuse from a large & close contingent in Islington. The last 6 years it has been quietly reduced to the point where I now have bragging rights.  :yay:

They'll have 70+ million in their coffers to spend, yet Wenger only buys 12 year olds from Costa Rica.
I think he is a manager that has worn out his sell-by-date and should be moved upstairs in a director role and bring in a real manager.

Not that I care, but being an Arsenal supporter right now must be nearly as bad as a QPHahaha fan
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Mr_Moon

Sczenzy is pretty good, I hope they regularly play him.

It's absolutely baffling how at the start of the 2011/12 season, Thomas Rosicky is starting for Arsenal.

Lighthouse

One of the many times I received abuse for having an opinion on FOF was when I said Arsenal had won little considering how wonderful Wenger was supposed to be. Plus the money he spent, which wasn't much compared to the other top 4 teams but meant he was falling behind. This was a few years ago.

Well he still hasn't done much all things considered. This will be his last season if Arsenal fail again. He may well have money to spend but no players to crow about. After this season he may well walk before he is asked to go. Unless he buys a few stars that shine for him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

The arsenal of six to ten years ago were great and i feared the results when we played them. Now when we play them that fear is not there, still a good team and will beat us say 6-7/10 times but not the forces they were.
Wenger lost it long ago sitting behind that pillar every week, but he is good at defending his players. Take last night on BBC about Song, did not answer the question about should he have gone and moved to his own agenda. He has a massive chip on his shoulder these days and thinks Arsenal should get everything their way.
If they just spent money on three established good players they would still be a real force for the title, as it is fifth or sixth is the best I think they will do.

SP3

Wenger WAS wonderful, for a long long time. But the tide went out and he's now a couple of years past his sell by date. New management needed urgently.

White Noise

I kind of like the fact that he has stayed true to his principles in a Brian Clough manner despite the game changing around him and his best players consistently voting with their feet. I still wouldn't bet against him pulling the fat out of the fire and having a good season.

RidgeRider

Quote from: White Noise on August 14, 2011, 06:11:39 PM
I kind of like the fact that he has stayed true to his principles in a Brian Clough manner despite the game changing around him and his best players consistently voting with their feet. I still wouldn't bet against him pulling the fat out of the fire and having a good season.

+1

Jack Fulham

They still have Van Persie though and he stuffs us every year :(

finnster01

Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 14, 2011, 06:23:32 PM
They still have Van Persie though and he stuffs us every year :(

Since he'll never plays more than half the matches, all we need to do is hope we play them when he is injured

HatterDon

If Arshavin and Rosicky are going to be the top of their depth chart, then Arsenal are in for a lot of difficulty. Losing Nasri and Fabregas at the same time is going to be difficult. Their Brazilian, Gervinho [great name for a San Antonio Spurs fan, by the way], reminded me of Dembele -- great dribbler, wonderful cuts and moves, lack of awareness of his teammates. PLUS he'll miss the next three matches.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ImperialWhite

Quote from: HatterDon on August 14, 2011, 10:34:40 PM
If Arshavin and Rosicky are going to be the top of their depth chart, then Arsenal are in for a lot of difficulty. Losing Nasri and Fabregas at the same time is going to be difficult. Their Brazilian, Gervinho [great name for a San Antonio Spurs fan, by the way], reminded me of Dembele -- great dribbler, wonderful cuts and moves, lack of awareness of his teammates. PLUS he'll miss the next three matches.

Gervinho has something Dembele doesn't - goals. 36 in two seasons for Lille OSC, plus 14 assists. Dembele on the other hand, scored 4 and 10 goals in his last two season for AZ (in a much higher scoring league).

Don't you mean "their Ivorian"? Possibly a joke I'm missing though (not for the first time).

finnster01

Jimpav

They should have sold Fabregas last year when his stock was higher and his heart and head were ready to go.

Instead he spent a chunk of the season injured, dragging down the already depleted morale of the team and fans.

Arsenal should have learnt their lesson when they spectacularly imploded to lose the title the season before last but one way or another they didn't reinforce and now they are paying a much bigger price.

I can still see them finishing in the top 4 but only if Liverpool fail to deliver on the early signs of promise that Suarez has shown.

HatterDon

Quote from: ImperialWhite on August 14, 2011, 10:44:46 PM

Gervinho has something Dembele doesn't - goals. 36 in two seasons for Lille OSC, plus 14 assists. Dembele on the other hand, scored 4 and 10 goals in his last two season for AZ (in a much higher scoring league).

Don't you mean "their Ivorian"? Possibly a joke I'm missing though (not for the first time).

Nope! No joke, IW. I just saw the name and assumed he was Brazilian. My bad.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

elgreenio

If Arshavin and Rosicky are going to be the top of their depth chart, then Arsenal are in for a lot of difficulty. Losing Nasri and Fabregas at the same time is going to be difficult.

yep, seems that Rosicky is amazing in every pre-season but just doesnt cut it when it comes to the real thing. Nasri was immense for half a season of his spell at the club so making a profit and getting a bad egg out the squad is a win-win (Alex Song had a few things to say about him on his twitter iirc). Fabregas has started picking up the niggling injuries far too often but obviously will be a great miss not only for them, but for the premier league.

Their rumoured replacement, Jadson :D, a guy smaller than Arshavin is.
touch my camera through the fence

Sheepskin Junior

Cesc Fabregas has completed his move to Barcelona for an estimated £35m. Thoughts?
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

BalDrick

Not a huge surprise, daresay there's gnashing of teeth and much whingeing in Woolwich. Good.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

MJG

Can we now move on, I never thought we were in with a chance of buying him anyway, now has Jason koumas found a club.