watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Advice

Started by tjl, March 03, 2010, 06:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjl

Hi this is to our friends in the US in looking for something different for my grand children i came across a web site called westbury sales thay offer something you don't see in the uk any one know of them ? or any other sites i might find something drifferent that i can't find in the UK , something to make them think.

Logicalman

How old are they, and what are they in to?

You might find it cheaper, if your buying from a US site, to check what their shipping rates are, as compared to getting someone over here to get it and send it over. Recently I found to FedEx a parcel to the UK, with some toys in for my niece, they were going to charge me upwards of 200 bucks!! When I put the items in the USPS shipping box (one-size one-price deal), it cost 24 bucks. Same items, same weight.

tjl

Logic, there called Westbury sales that sell everything they call them self a dollar store, they just look to have different things for youngsters, there shipping don't look to high, think i may just suck it and see.

finnster01

The only thing you may to look out for Mr tjl is the shipping options.

I got absolutely shafted this Christmas and New Year. All my presents and cards which I posted 10 days before Christmas finally decided to show up the third week of January...It shouldn't take 5 weeks to send anything to Europe, even close to Christmas. So I have decided that next time I send a gift or something, I will not go for the cheapest option.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Logicalman

Quote from: finnster01 on March 04, 2010, 07:04:57 AM
The only thing you may to look out for Mr tjl is the shipping options.

I got absolutely shafted this Christmas and New Year. All my presents and cards which I posted 10 days before Christmas finally decided to show up the third week of January...It shouldn't take 5 weeks to send anything to Europe, even close to Christmas. So I have decided that next time I send a gift or something, I will not go for the cheapest option.

You're right there Mr Finn, to a point though.
When I first moved over here I used to send xmas and birthday gifts to my children every year, and I found for xmas, I needed to send them off by the first week of December, or they arrived in the middle of January, or sometimes not at all.  For the birthdays, they would get there pretty well on time.

This past Christmas, as I said, I (almost) got shafted by FedEx, and used the USPS one-price method, and two lots of parcels arrived within 10 days of sending them off (albeit that was - again - at the start of December). So I guess it does depend on the time of year, and the best advice is go with what you are most comfortable with.

tjl

Thanks lads i will try the site and just give it a go, they just have some things i don't find on UK sites for my grand children just looking for something you can't get in the UK. any ideas on sites for some thing different for kids just want to be different.