watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham v Birmingham City 1975 FA Cup SF Film+ bobby & mitch interview

Started by tavytina, August 15, 2011, 05:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Motspur

What a great game and how well we played.

I remember the cup final which at the time was labled the most boring cup final of all time then many years later I got the video of the game and watched it. Too painful at the time just as I haven't yet seen the replay of the Hamburg final. We played exceptional at Wembley and were undone by errors that should have been stopped.

Good to see the crowd scenes after Mitchell's goal as well. Excellent clip.

I read a message the other day saying that Brian Moore was a closet Fulham fan. He may have had a soft spot for us but he lived in Bromley and I am almost certain he was a Gillingham fan.   :005:  :007:

LBNo11

...I have never seen this footage before, real spine tingling stuff, I was in the Leppings Lane end to the middle left of the goal from the TV viewpoint, when Mitch scored that goal the noise was deafening and as can be seen the crowd went potty.

Brilliant memories I will take to the urn. Thank you once again tavytina for unearthing this gem...

:Haynes The Maestro:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

CorkedHat

Yes, great stuff. I wouldn't have been standing too far away from you LB - and Motspur, Brian Moore was once a Director of Gillingham, so you are right. 092.gif
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

MOR :

Excellent clip...I was also standing at the Leppings Lane End probably quite close to LBNo11 but more to the back. I remember surging down when Mitchell scored.
Anyone remember the banner above the standing Fulham Supporters in the seats saying "Bye bye Blues".
Had no hassle on the way back to the station as I was close behind the famous Alexis, him and his mob were in butchers coats.
Named my boy "Mitchell" after the great John Mitchell...It was a fantastic time to be a Fulham Supporter, and I made many friends from that 75 Cup run that I still talk too today...

Mitch

I asked my Dad if he'd done the same, but apparently not. My Mum just liked Lt.Mitchell in Top Gun. Gutted.

MOR :

Quote from: Mitch on August 16, 2011, 04:00:36 PM
I asked my Dad if he'd done the same, but apparently not. My Mum just liked Lt.Mitchell in Top Gun. Gutted.

I've met Johnny Mitchell loads of times since 1975 and the first thing I always say to him is "I named my boy after you"...He always replies "I know, you've told me loads of times before"...

FC Silver Fox

I came over all of a tiz-woz watching this. I was at both the semi-final and the replay a few days later. Like a lot of you, I was up behind the goal.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

LBNo11

...I wish I had that photo of John Mitchell his arms spread out celebrating his goal, what an image, it was in all the 'papers, not sure if it was one of Ken's...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

MOR :

Quote from: LBNo11 on August 16, 2011, 04:24:11 PM

...I wish I had that photo of John Mitchell his arms spread out celebrating his goal, what an image, it was in all the 'papers, not sure if it was one of Ken's...

It's in "When Fulham Went to Wembley"..page 108/109 by Ken Coton & Martin Plumb but I'm not sure it's Ken's photo...

Travers Barney

Leppings Lane too...I remember it was freezing cold...Supermitch warmed us up though with that strike...Brum fan's haven't changed much.

We are the whites
We are the whites

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: MOR : on August 16, 2011, 03:51:57 PM

Anyone remember the banner above the standing Fulham Supporters in the seats saying "Bye bye Blues".

That was in response to a paper (can't remember which now) that said, "Bye Bye London" meaning that we would lose to Birmingham and West Ham would lose to Ipswich. LOL got that big time wrong didn't they.

Mitch

'We win football by keeping the ball and passing to each other' - No wonder he's Englands only ever world cup winning captain. Class.

jarv

I too was not far away from LB and CH. What a great goal by Mitchell.
Two things I remember about that game. 1. Bobby Moore got 10/10 in every paper for his perfomance that day and 2. Kendall must have set a record for back passes to the keeper. Probably because of him the rule was changed.
All choked up watching that.
:wine: