watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Thursday.

Started by Maidstone Lee, August 15, 2011, 06:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maidstone Lee

I think for this game we need to take a nice lead into the second leg to ensure qualification into the group stage. Ukraine will be a very tough place to go so we will need an attackive performance and a lead to protect. Against Villa we were defensively sound but i do not believe Hughes at right back is the best option. I'm not criticising him, he played to the best of his ability but Baird is the more natural option and has a little more pace than Hughes. Senderos had a good game but Hughes and Hangeland is the better partnership. Like many on here and on other messageboards i was dissapointed with Etuhu's performance against Villa and would have like to have seen Sidwell come on. But what i found most dissapointing was that Jol did not see that Etuhu was having a poor game and stuck by him. Sidwell is the better passer, less clumsey with his passing and can retian possesion more effectivly. Now that Dembele seems fitter and has a little match fitness, i'd start him just behind Zamora which Jol will probably revert to once he is fully fit. My team would be;

MS

BAIRD Hughes Hangeland Risse

Duff SIDWELL Murphy Dempsey

DEMBELE
                   Zamora

Subs: Somogyi,Kelly, Senderos, Etuhu, Kasami, Gecov, Johnson
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

ImperialWhite

CLEAN SHEET! I'd much rather a 1-0 than 3-1 for example. I think this will be by far the toughest Europa tie we've had so far, so we should play it 'properly'. Win and keep a clean sheet, then all we need to do is draw away to win the tie.

BR

A goal or two and a clean sheet is the way ahead.  I like your team, but I'd love to see Etuhu banished for crimes against football and Duff given a break.  Perhaps Briggs/JAR on the left, Dembele moved over to the right to replace Duff and one of the new guys (Kasami/Gecov) in place of Etuhu.

Quote from: ImperialWhite on August 15, 2011, 06:21:34 PM
CLEAN SHEET! I'd much rather a 1-0 than 3-1 for example. I think this will be by far the toughest Europa tie we've had so far, so we should play it 'properly'. Win and keep a clean sheet, then all we need to do is draw away to win the tie.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: BR on August 15, 2011, 06:31:34 PM

but I'd love to see Etuhu banished for crimes against football 
[/quote]

Thus discounting all the good performances Etuhu has contributed to in the last 3 years.

There's always got to be a scapegoat. Hodgson, Hughes and Jol ALL seem to rate Etuhu but what do they know.

HatterDon

I like it, IW, although you do irritate me with your ability to make these seriously cool charts. I'm still in stick-figures and circles/arrows.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BR

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 15, 2011, 07:06:20 PM
Thus discounting all the good performances Etuhu has contributed to in the last 3 years.

There's always got to be a scapegoat. Hodgson, Hughes and Jol ALL seem to rate Etuhu but what do they know.
Etuhu's been discussed at length in the other thread, so there's not much for me to add here, except to say that irrespective of his contributions in the past, few would argue that he was anywhere near the standard required of him on Saturday. 

Tom

I would love to see this lineup except for one change. Murphy for Etuhu.
Fulham for life!

Maidstone Lee

Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Blingo

clintclintdeuce

The throurough beating that were going to give the Dnipro will come from any Fulham XI. No worries guys, a 3+ goal margin will be attained going away.
The Dude abides.

zzamora

Schwarz

Hughes-Senderos-Hangeland-Riise

Duff-Kasami-Sidwell-Demps

Dembele-Zamora.

ImperialWhite

Errr - I meant Murphy and, believe or not, Etuhu. As I said - I want a clean sheet. If we're desperate for a goal in the away leg than Sidwell is perfick, but in the home tie I want Etuhu sitting on the defence keeping the Dnipro forwards well away from danger.

Etuhu was only as bad as everyone else on Saturday.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: HatterDon on August 15, 2011, 07:26:04 PM

I like it, IW, although you do irritate me with your ability to make these seriously cool charts. I'm still in stick-figures and circles/arrows.

You have circles and arrows ?? Damn it.

mike_f

Schwarz

Hughes-Senderos-Hangeland-Riise

Kasami-Murphy-Sidwell-Briggs

Dembele-Zamora.

Lighthouse

We want goals so lets play Dembele for AJ? Seems odd to me.

Sidwell for Etuhu SHOULD BE THE ONLY CHANGE.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tom

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 16, 2011, 12:31:23 AM

I think I already said that pretty clearly LH.
Fulham for life!

Lighthouse

Quote from: Tom on August 16, 2011, 12:45:48 AM

My Apologies Tom.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tom

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 16, 2011, 12:49:19 AM
Quote from: Tom on August 16, 2011, 12:45:48 AM

My Apologies Tom.
It's all good in the hood buddy, no need to apologize.
Fulham for life!

JBH

I would go with:

Schwarzer

Baird  Hughes  Hangerand  Riise

Duff    Sidwell     Kasimi

Dembele     Dempsey               

Zamora

Tom

Quote from: JBH on August 16, 2011, 06:43:34 AM
I would go with:

Schwarzer

Baird  Hughes  Hangerand  Riise

Duff    Sidwell     Kasimi

Dembele     Dempsey               

Zamora
I also like the look of this Christmas tree. Putting Kasimi in gives Murphy a break.
Fulham for life!