watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Zaccardo linked again

Started by Lighthouse, August 16, 2011, 02:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Them foreign papers are suggesting that Christian Zaccardo could change his mind and is now interested in coming to Fulham. Like all these things other clubs are interested. but Fulham seem to be mentioned in most of the reports as prime contenders. Zaccardo is a tall right back.

Another Google translation

Author, last year, a good league with the shirt of Parma, Cristian Zaccardo seemed determined to stay in the ducal coat, and had declined offers from Lazio and Genoa, but now the sirens are being felt all right English.

According to TMW groped defender world champion in Germany and the idea of an adventure abroad and the former Palermo will carefully consider a proposal coming from Fulham, the London club who had already contacted a few months ago, but in the coming days could make more concrete steps.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Lighthouse

Another report in the Italian Press states we have made an approach and it will be considered in the next few days. Zaccardo is 29

Lighthouse

Fulham have launched a bid for Parma right-back Cristian Zaccardo.
Reports in Italy have claimed that Fulham manager Martin Jol has offered the Serie A side £1.75m for the 29-year-old, a World Cup winner with Italy in 2006.
Jol is keen to land an out-and-out right-back to provide competition for Aaron Hughes, who played against Aston Villa on the opening day.
But it is understood that Fulham's bid has fallen below Parma's valuation and they are ready to drive Zaccardo's price up to around £2.5m.

THIS FROM TALKSPORT.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 16, 2011, 05:26:23 PM
Fulham have launched a bid for Parma right-back Cristian Zaccardo.
Reports in Italy have claimed that Fulham manager Martin Jol has offered the Serie A side £1.75m for the 29-year-old, a World Cup winner with Italy in 2006.
Jol is keen to land an out-and-out right-back to provide competition for Aaron Hughes, who played against Aston Villa on the opening day.
But it is understood that Fulham's bid has fallen below Parma's valuation and they are ready to drive Zaccardo's price up to around £2.5m.

THIS FROM TALKSPORT.

Ah good old churnalism

http://churnalism.com/

AlFayedsChequebook

I follow the Italian national team, and never really rated him that highly, but some of his stats are encouraging.

Last season he scored 3 goals and had one assist, the season before he scored 4 goals with 2 assists. Has more previous when it comes to goal scoring.

I assume this is back-up to the Aurier bid, or potentially will bring in both and offload Kelly and Baird (unlikely)

Some on here may remember him fondly from the 2006 WC:

MONDIALI 2006 ITALY USA ZACCARDO AUTOGOAL

cebu

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 16, 2011, 04:35:33 PM
Another report in the Italian Press states we have made an approach and it will be considered in the next few days. Zaccardo is 29

Are we waiting for him to turn 30  so he fits in age-wise with the rest of our defence?   :023:

Mr Fulham

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 16, 2011, 05:44:34 PM

I assume this is back-up to the Aurier bid

Much rather to a potential Luke Young bid IMHO...

twang

Parma's Sports Director Pietro Leonardi says reports about a Zaccardo bid are untrue:

About the market and financial fair play, they say that it received a formal proposal from Fulham for Zaccardo, a proposal that would be about 4 million euros ...

"It's not received any proposal, and no matter what, we have already said, we have sent messages to refer to this situation. I repeat: I never heard any of Fulham. Maybe I could be hypocritical and even brag about something that does not exists, that he had refused the offer, but is absolutely not true, therefore I deny. I never told anyone of Fulham. "