more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ipswich v. Soton 2-5

Started by Matt, August 16, 2011, 10:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Stockdale had a mare appearently...
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

SmithyFFC

and people were calling for him to be number one this season? hopefully he'll learn from these experiences and be a better keeper because it it.
FTID

michaelread

good, maybe he can learn from this, like the UP AND COMING YOUNG KEEPER (and not better or more worthy of a start than MS) THAT HE IS.

Jack Fulham

Don't think he'll make it as number 1 here if I'm honest. Got a great kick on him though. Would love to be proved wrong.

michaelread

Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 17, 2011, 01:07:15 AM
Don't think he'll make it as number 1 here if I'm honest. Got a great kick on him though. Would love to be proved wrong.

I think he will make it eventually, but I hope this shows all the Stockdale behind kissers that he's not the finished product yet, and as David De Gea is showing United, you can have all the talent in the world, but you need to be the finished product before you stand between the sticks in the PL.

Great young prospect, but so is Neil Etheridge. Maybe itl show all the haters that we are incredibly lucky to have MS at the club.

Tom

The real question is, how bad was the defense in front of Stockdale?
Fulham for life!

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Tom on August 17, 2011, 01:17:31 AM

Good question. I admire Schwarzer a great deal, but to condemn Stockdale on the result of one match is silly.

ImperialWhite

Caveat: Stockdale had to save 9 shots. So I suppose 5 goals is a pretty poor show?

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: ImperialWhite on August 17, 2011, 01:28:55 AM
Caveat: Stockdale had to save 9 shots. So I suppose 5 goals is a pretty poor show?

Potentially, but the goals will be on the beeb website tomo so you can have a look for yourself.

I will be watching on with interest

Goals here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yr6MmZQKmY&feature=player_embedded#

Poor one on one keeping from Stockdale, but the defending is atrocious. I dont think he made any real howler there

Lighthouse

No blame for any of the goals can be put at Stockdale's glove. Defending was poor that's all.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

Spot on Tom.  :Haynes The Maestro:

Even the best keeper in the world can be humbled by a crap defence, and an ordinary keeper be made to look better than he is by a great defence. Just like love and marriage, and the horse and carriage, you can't have one without the other.  :dft011:

michaelread

Quote from: Logicalman on August 17, 2011, 02:19:46 AM

Spot on Tom.  :Haynes The Maestro:

Even the best keeper in the world can be humbled by a crap defence, and an ordinary keeper be made to look better than he is by a great defence. Just like love and marriage, and the horse and carriage, you can't have one without the other.  :dft011:

So, when we defended horribly and Hangeland had his worst game against Liverpool, were you on the drop Schwarz bandwagon?

if FoF was the high court, Stockdale could get away with murder.

today he let in more than 50% of the shots kicked at him.... poor defence, perhaps. But a goalkeeper who blames a defence is like a striker who blames his new boots. Stockdale will EVENTUALLY be good enough. He just isnt yet, so this season is his one to prove to us that he is.

HatterDon

so what you're saying is that it'll take him an entire season to prove that he's ready, but only one match you didn't watch to prove that he isn't.

Seems fair to me.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rabbit

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 17, 2011, 01:30:22 AM
Quote from: ImperialWhite on August 17, 2011, 01:28:55 AM

Potentially, but the goals will be on the beeb website tomo so you can have a look for yourself.

I will be watching on with interest

Goals here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yr6MmZQKmY&feature=player_embedded#

Poor one on one keeping from Stockdale, but the defending is atrocious. I dont think he made any real howler there

Pretty tough to blame that on Stockdale I think. The amount of space Lambert had for the first two was incredible. I think he is really only at fault for the third, but even then the forward had tons of space in behind the defense. Yes, his 1-on-1 can get better, but at a certain point, the defense needs to step up. And the finishing looked good too, deserves some credit too.

vagrant

If the defenders let a forward through one on one on FIVE occasions how on earth can the keeper have a mare...........

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

TonyGilroy

On the evidence of those goals he didn't make mistakes but equally didn't rescue difficult situations.

On Saturday Given made a couple of saves that only the best keeper could make. As Schwarzer often does and that's the standard we need. That and the ability to always be in the best possible position so as to make saves less difficult. That comes with experience.

OldBrownShoe

Regardless of whether the keeper had a mare or not (it looks to me as if the defence as a whole had a mare) one good or bad game doesn't make a star keeper. Van Der Sar, Scmeichel and even the great Tony Macedo had mares in their time. And so did Gordon Banks. Older supporters will remember Leicester getting stuffed by us at the Cottage and he didn't look the best. However he went on to be the best.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

michaelread

Quote from: HatterDon on August 17, 2011, 03:37:19 AM
so what you're saying is that it'll take him an entire season to prove that he's ready, but only one match you didn't watch to prove that he isn't.

Seems fair to me.

Nope, not true. I've always thought he is not good enough.....yet. This has been my position for a long time. I truly believe he WILL prove himself this year.

And for your information, I have a mad hull supporting friend, who I watched the match vs ipswich last week, and while he was great at shot stopping, he doesn't command his area. I think he's not ready, but I think he will be, this season or next.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: michaelread on August 17, 2011, 10:52:08 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on August 17, 2011, 03:37:19 AM

Seems fair to me.

Nope, not true. I've always thought he is not good enough.....yet. This has been my position for a long time. I truly believe he WILL prove himself this year.

And for your information, I have a mad hull supporting friend, who I watched the match vs ipswich last week, and while he was great at shot stopping, he doesn't command his area. I think he's not ready, but I think he will be, this season or next.

My biggest worry about Stockdale is commanding his area. He is a great shot stopper and his kicking is fantastic, but I have never been sold on that aspect of his game. To be a successful premier league keeper you need to have that trait, so hopefully this season will really help him mature