News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

J A Riise - Facebook - Is he a bit needy?

Started by CULTUREVULTURE, August 16, 2011, 11:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CULTUREVULTURE

How many likes for this? At least 20 likes for this?

Shouldn't he have other things on his mind?

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: CULTUREVULTURE on August 16, 2011, 11:11:06 PM

Likes on Facebook, followers on twitter all a bit geeky aint it? From the omni present Foffer, but at least it's football, i dont get facebook, if your mates ring them up, simples. I once had about 200 friends on facebook that i hadn;t seen in 20 years, all a bit sad so i fecked facebook off.

CULTUREVULTURE

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on August 16, 2011, 11:18:11 PM
Quote from: CULTUREVULTURE on August 16, 2011, 11:11:06 PM

Likes on Facebook, followers on twitter all a bit geeky aint it? From the omni present Foffer, but at least it's football, i dont get facebook, if your mates ring them up, simples. I once had about 200 friends on facebook that i hadn;t seen in 20 years, all a bit sad so i fecked facebook off.

I sort of agree. I only liked his page out of interest but he's constantly begging to be liked.

Jonno

Err - thats because its not him. The twitter account for him has been confirmed by sarah brookes and a few players as not being him and judging by the facebook account thats not him either.

michaelread

The facebook account is actually run by his nephew (apparently)

imagine if your uncle was a premier league footballer of that status in your home country, and he let you run his little facebook page... kids will be kids, nothign to get too upset about.

finnster01

Quote from: Jonno on August 17, 2011, 12:28:07 AM
Err - thats because its not him. The twitter account for him has been confirmed by sarah brookes and a few players as not being him and judging by the facebook account thats not him either.

If sarah Brookes says so it has to be true.
:dft011:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

CULTUREVULTURE

Quote from: michaelread on August 17, 2011, 12:48:30 AM

imagine if your uncle was a premier league footballer of that status in your home country, and he let you run his little facebook page... kids will be kids, nothign to get too upset about.

Who is upset? Just saying that it seems a bit pushy/needy/attention seeking.

LBNo11

...I doubt that the JAR facebook account is actually JAR, either way I have never 'become' a friend of any player past or present as A) it is unlikely to actually be them, and B) I just find it a bit creepy to become a friend of a player you don't actually know, I mean, what do you write to him "great game Saturday" "thought you were awful against..." "how are the kids"..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Ron Sheepskin

Quote from: michaelread on August 17, 2011, 12:48:30 AM

That confirms my suspicions - the page was called 'Uncle John Arne Riise' briefly, and the staus updates whilst he was playing for Norway were a bit of a surprise.

The only player page I read that actually seemed to belong to a player was Boca's. Most of the wall posts were conversations between him and members of his family, and I felt like I was intruding by reading them, and left.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

Mitch

Quote from: LBNo11 on August 17, 2011, 08:10:05 AM
...I doubt that the JAR facebook account is actually JAR, either way I have never 'become' a friend of any player past or present as A) it is unlikely to actually be them, and B) I just find it a bit creepy to become a friend of a player you don't actually know, I mean, what do you write to him "great game Saturday" "thought you were awful against..." "how are the kids"..?

Read on twitter yesterday that Mark Schwarzer was going to the Bruno Mars concert. Later read a tweet from Danny's wife quoting Danny on JLS 'they have had some good tunes'.
I responded,'First Mark Schwarzer admits to going to see Bruno Mars and now this. I'm going to have to give twitter a swerve for a while'. (If you are not aware of Bruno Mars, then dont worry, thats a good thing).
She then responded by telling me she was also at the concert right that minute. Awkward.

CULTUREVULTURE

You don't add him as a friend. You just click to like and then you get a newsfeed. Works that way with bands etc.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mitch on August 17, 2011, 09:04:31 AM

Read on twitter yesterday that Mark Schwarzer was going to the Bruno Mars concert. Later read a tweet from Danny's wife quoting Danny on JLS 'they have had some good tunes'.
I responded,'First Mark Schwarzer admits to going to see Bruno Mars and now this. I'm going to have to give twitter a swerve for a while'. (If you are not aware of Bruno Mars, then dont worry, thats a good thing).
She then responded by telling me she was also at the concert right that minute. Awkward.

:005: