News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

youth coming through cause from great optimism..

Started by Tktd, August 19, 2011, 01:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

with the future in mind...

Kasami, Gecov, Stockdale, Briggs (who impressed me a lot more today then ever before) and Frei are thinking that we really are creating a strong team for the future - perhaps one that will take us up that one step in the future to a top 6 side?...

Also - why do we think Kasami is getting so much of a run out in comparison to Gecov who's had no chance to prove himself yet!?

HatterDon

Quote from: Tktd on August 19, 2011, 01:08:32 AM

with the future in mind...

Kasami, Gecov, Stockdale, Briggs (who impressed me a lot more today then ever before) and Frei are thinking that we really are creating a strong team for the future - perhaps one that will take us up that one step in the future to a top 6 side?...

Also - why do we think Kasami is getting so much of a run out in comparison to Gecov who's had no chance to prove himself yet!?

My guess is that it's because Jol has more faith in Kasami than in Gecov. From what I've seen of Kasami, I'm not ready to argue with him.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JBH

GECOV has a more structured role to fill in the centre of the midfield which will take longer to settle into, Kasami is a flair player and has the freedom to express himself :003:

finnster01

Sorry to be a party pooper, but we have only played a poor Villa side at home and couldn't beat them. The Euro tour has been about as competitive as National Lampoon's European Vacation.

Before we celebrate the Fulham youf as the next Busby Babes, I think quite a bit more needs to happen
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Motspur

Sorry to rain on your parade Finnster but the Euro games, despite the poor opposition, have had a competitive edge and they are must win games, so it has not been the usual pre season meaningless run outs. Villa are no mugs and were a strong team, more than matched by Fulham.

Jol recognised that we are an aging squad that needed an injection of younger players and that it was is being addressed. Over the course of this season and next, the average age will come down by 3-4 years as Shwarz and Murph step down and are replaced. Some of the purchases and up coming youth may turn out to be gems and others may be false dawns but this is about evolution not revolution.