https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Video Games; Fifa, Football Manager 2012 etc

Started by MrFantastic, August 19, 2011, 04:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quills

Quote from: MrFantastic on August 19, 2011, 07:15:33 PM
Quote from: Quills on August 19, 2011, 07:10:44 PM
I am obviously the only person sad enough to have a Wii and I mainly use it for Wii boxing at parties.  I used to do a bit of Football Manager but once I won the Champions League with Cambridge United and couldn't figure out on earth I'd done it I thought I'd quit while I was ahead.

I never played Football Manager but if you can win with Cambridge United than is not realistic game. I know the game is about picking and managing the players but maybe there is an easy mode you played on cause if you can win with that team than i don't know.

It did take about 12 seasons of long hard slog up through the leagues (a bit like Fulham, really) and eventually you end up playing with entirely fictional players because all the real ones are past it.  Good fun though but getting my insomnia sorted out was infinitely better.  I very much doubt I'd have the patience for that now.

Ron Sheepskin

I never really progressed beyond Pong  092.gif
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

Mr_Moon

PSN: Putneybridge

I play FIFA and usually play as UEFA Cup standard sides.

MrFantastic

Quote from: Mr_Moon on August 19, 2011, 08:07:00 PM

pong

FIFA is the best football game for me.

My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

Mr_Moon

theo

Have an xbox and too many games to list really. Re. LA Noire i would give it 7/10 as it really started dragging on a bit towards the end for me personally. Wanna recommend Bastion on XBLA as well, finished it the other day and it is def worth the 1200 ms points.

Also play quite a bit on the PC, mainly Team Fortress 2 atm, cant beat it for FPS fun.

MrFantastic

Quote from: theo on August 20, 2011, 01:58:30 AM
Have an xbox and too many games to list really. Re. LA Noire i would give it 7/10 as it really started dragging on a bit towards the end for me personally. Wanna recommend Bastion on XBLA as well, finished it the other day and it is def worth the 1200 ms points.

Also play quite a bit on the PC, mainly Team Fortress 2 atm, cant beat it for FPS fun.

Yea you are right about La Noire at the end they had some dumb missions that no real detective would do. I think they could have added things to do in the game they had the beautiful city with nothing to do like play cards or pool and stuff like that. I gave it a 9/10 cause I never played a game like that and the beginning of the game was fun at the end they could had have some more realistic cases to do. But overall i enjoyed the game.

Logicalman

PS2:
Road rash / Taito Legends / Red Faction / LOTR / power drome

PS3:
COD: World at War /  3 / Black Ops / Modern warfare 2 & 4 
Critter Crunch
Super Stardust
Bomberman Ultra
Portal 2
Resistance (Fall of Man)
InFamous
Little BIG Planet
Blokus

PSP:
Mod Nation

RidgeRider

hesedmedia

PS3:

Olivion
COD 4

PC:

Jagged Alliance 2 (yep)

I'll be getting BF3 when it arrives. PSN - Col_Hiney

Fulham_Adam

Quote from: Mitch on August 19, 2011, 05:00:03 PM
XBOX

Cricket 2011
Fight Night
FIFA

I only really play FIFA and my username is mitchmothffc if anyone wants a match. If you pick Madrid/Chelsea/Barcelona then you are a flipping loser.

Much love

9 times out of 10 I'm Fulham. Sometimes i'll play as Villa or Everton but never the very top teams.
My username is FULHAM  :008:
The past is told by those who win.

theo

My xbox username is Theobaldio, I dont really play FIFA online tho as I tend to get rather angry when things don't go my way :P Will be buying NHL 12 when that comes out however.

Mitch

Napoli are great to play as!

The King

Teams that I regularly play as in FIFA are of course Fulham, CSKA Moskva, FC Kobenhavn and Schalke. I usually try different three or four star teams, Panathinaikos and Olympiakos are both pretty good, as is Lech Poznan. Man City and Zenit are probably the biggest teams I play as, I hate five star teams. Some times I even go Huddersfield or Leeds. You could say I'm pretty much always the underdog. And I like them long shots (Poznan, CSKA and Huddersfield).

Mr_Moon

I love playing derby matches on FIFA. We play PSG vs Marseille a lot and Boca vs River Plate. I find that when I play as the top sides that I think the players are like super players so they can do unreal through passes etc which usually sees me losing the ball like never before. When I play as a average-good side, I'm more focused on passing, ergo I play better. Absolutely love FIFA although I wish they would improve the single player career mode.

Jonno

I only play PC games and recently I tend to play RPG strategy games like Kings Bounty. Thankfully, the kind of games I like are cheap and single player but I used to be part of a Counter Strike Clan that included training every week and needed some decent hardware.

MrFantastic

I play fifa with bayern and fulhama and sometimes cagliari, parma, man city. If someone takes top teams than i take bayern or man city. But sometimes i take fulham and i have beaten some people that took barcelona but they usually quit. I think there should be something done about quitting like if you quit 5 times in a month you can no longer play fifa online for like 20 days. I hate people that quit at the end when we are about to get our xp points and then say the game was over i didn't quit. There should be also a thing online to forfit the game by the score that is already in game so if someone doesn't play well can quit and the other player still gets the points. Anyone on here plays 11v11 online teams i am looking to join one team for new fifa coming out next.

Mr_Moon

Picked up Tiberian Sun today for 50p at a car boot sale.

Will keep me entertained now.

Chutney

anyone play on ps3 and do the pro clubs thing? I am getting bored of career mode and given recent performances in real life maybe we could represent fulham more successfully in the virtual world?
C O Y W