Started by White Noise, August 19, 2011, 06:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7112539,00.html

McCarthy holds no grudge

Murphy comments annoyed Wolves boss, but he accepts apology

Last Updated: August 19, 2011 5:05pm

McCarthy: Admits harsh words worked against Wolves last season

Danny Murphy has apologised for criticising Wolves, but Mick McCarthy claims his words tarnished the image of the club in the eyes of some sceptics.

Fulham midfielder Murphy was among those to question Wolves' approach to the game last season, after seeing team-mate Bobby Zamora suffer a broken leg in a meeting between the two sides.

His words, when added to those of others, saw McCarthy's men earn a reputation as an aggressive team that were prepared to push the boundaries of what is acceptable.

Wolves always claimed that they were being cast in an unfair light, with a couple of unfortunate incidents having conspired against them.

Murphy has now accepted that he was in the wrong, offering his apologies to McCarthy ahead of Fulham's clash with Wolves on Sunday, but the men from Molineux are still trying to shake off their bully-boy tag.

McCarthy said: "I have had an apology from Danny Murphy before the last game.

"So there is no agenda there. I think he is a good player. I like Danny Murphy, I always have and he apologised for his comments.

Fuelled

"When people say things publicly then I think that apology should be in public as well. But he apologised before the game.

"And I certainly don't think what happened last season was anything to do with Fulham in general. That was fuelled by the Newcastle game here and then poor old Bobby Zamora gets a broken leg.

"As we all know, and it has been well covered, it was a good tackle.

"What I felt a little annoyed about is that a lot of other people ran with that, whether it be other teams, players, coaches, managers, fans, they were using it and it did affect us.

"We had a spell where we didn't put a tackle in because I thought we were scared of getting booked.

"We were wrongly labelled and it was a bit unjust. It was nothing to do with Fulham. It was a general thing that went through the league and people were using it to glean an advantage."

MJG

I still say look at zamora being tackled and his shirt being held is what caused the break.
Also Wolves on the day were a disgrace.
Murphy had nothing to say sorry for.

twang

HatterDon

I know, Mr. Twang. I almost had a conniption fit when I read on the Beeb website that "Zamora broke his leg when he fell awkwardly."

Even Tom Sawyer didn't have that much whitewash.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

jarv

A tactical move on DM's part. I recall they were a bunch of dirty bar stewards all through the game. It was not a good tackle on BZ, he came from behind, end of story. 096.gig

RidgeRider

Quote from: MJG on August 19, 2011, 06:54:09 PM
I still say look at zamora being tackled and his shirt being held is what caused the break.
Also Wolves on the day were a disgrace.
Murphy had nothing to say sorry for.

Completely agree. McCarthy is using this to his advantage....obviously.

cebu

So do we believe McCarthy is telling the truth about this? Me, no!    096.gig

FatFreddysCat

Personally i'm dissapointed that Smurph apologised , he obviously meant it so dont take it back. What next praising Tony Pulis, Stoke and thier fans?

Travers Barney

See Huth got off scot free from his Wembley antics...even wanted Chelsea to draw last week against Stoke and I have never wanted them to draw in my life...I feel ill saying it.

We are the whites
We are the whites

LBNo11

...sorry, it should have been McCarthy apologising for either A) not being in control of his players or B) Being in control of his players and responsible for their actions.

I used to sympathise with McCarthy for the way the callous ex manure thug Keane talked about his management style for Eire, but now I when I see his boat I want to sink him.

Very disappointed that Murphy felt it necessary to apologise, very... :035:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

finnster01

Quote from: LBNo11 on August 19, 2011, 11:54:25 PM
...sorry, it should have been McCarthy apologising for either A) not being in control of his players or B) Being in control of his players and responsible for their actions.

I used to sympathise with McCarthy for the way the callous ex manure thug Keane talked about his management style for Eire, but now I when I see his boat I want to sink him.

Very disappointed that Murphy felt it necessary to apologise, very... :035:

:clap_hands:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Jimbobob

"We had a spell where we didn't put a tackle in because I thought we were scared of getting booked."

064.gif 064.gif 064.gif My lord he is so full of crap. And what is the Newcastle red herring? What?
God I hate those guys.........
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?