News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Umm can't help but feel we're starting to become an arabic club...

Started by Tktd, August 20, 2011, 10:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

Looking on the Facebook Fulham official page and all it has is people of seemingly arabic or middle eastern backgrounds praising and loving rafik halliche and El Hamadoui...

The King

Isn't it only good for the team? Publicity in the Middle East and all. At least our Facebook isn't invaded by thousands of Nigerians or other west Africans as opposed to any big English club.

JBH

Quote from: Tktd on August 20, 2011, 10:25:05 AM

Looking on the Facebook Fulham official page and all it has is people of seemingly arabic or middle eastern backgrounds praising and loving rafik halliche and El Hamadoui...

So what's your problem, not a racist are you?

Or do you think hat everyone from the Middle East is a terrorist, losen up because we don't need people with those issues on this site.  :028:

LBNo11

...we had the same with the Japanese fans when we had Junichi Inamoto, and some of their fans still support Fulham; we had the same with Boca, McBride, Dempsey (amongst others) and won many fans from the USA who are still with us and they continue to grow.

And so it may be with the arabic and middle east, the club gains worldwide recognition, they are all welcome if they stick with us. When their national contingent leaves, some fans go, but some stay, that is the true test of the draw of Fulham FC, and the mark of a real fan.

Strangely enough when we had a fair few French nationals we picked up hardly any (if any at all) French fans of Fulham, and that is strange...ou peut-être pas..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Tktd

Quote from: JBH on August 20, 2011, 10:37:05 AM

Or do you think hat everyone from the Middle East is a terrorist, losen up because we don't need people with those issues on this site.  :028:

are you being racist? Calling everyone a terrorist? I was simply implying there are an awful lot and if they stuck around being mindlessly enthusiastic about players that don't even make the subs bench not only does that look a bit weird but it could change the entire dynamic of the club.... the club that i've grown to love and have supported most of my loife. innit.

:hook:

Mr_Moon

michaelread

its not that mate, football is just taking over the middle east in a big way at the moment, fans are discovering it like droves with new tv deals and arab money fuelling the game.

JBH

Quote from: Tktd on August 20, 2011, 11:09:13 AM
Quote from: JBH on August 20, 2011, 10:37:05 AM

are you being racist? Calling everyone a terrorist? I was simply implying there are an awful lot and if they stuck around being mindlessly enthusiastic about players that don't even make the subs bench not only does that look a bit weird but it could change the entire dynamic of the club.... the club that i've grown to love and have supported most of my loife. innit.

:hook:

Well why do you think they are excited about their fellow nationals being on the bench in the Premiership.

Prehaps its because thay are proud of the fact that they have played for / been linked with a team in the Premiership after all it is the bet league in the world (apparently)

finnster01

All for it.
Free kebabs and FXPro belly dancers at half time.  :54:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

theo

I really don't see how this is an issue. The team gets more fans in another part of the world and you think thats gonna affect the team how?

RidgeRider

Agreed Theo, I'm starting to feel this thread was created in poor taste. This club has been a very welcoming club in the time I have known it and as the Premiership grows in popularity, it will grow in countries where our players originate. Why start a thread about one such group?

Jimbobob

:023: :023: :022: :022:

God I know!

The only thing worse than this would be if we were followed by a bunch of Americans!!!
064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif

Worse than all of this...QPR just scored.. :020:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

theo

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 20, 2011, 03:30:49 PM
Agreed Theo, I'm starting to feel this thread was created in poor taste. This club has been a very welcoming club in the time I have known it and as the Premiership grows in popularity, it will grow in countries where our players originate. Why start a thread about one such group?

Yeah, those were my thoughts too. And I just don't understand how an influx of fans of any particular persuasion could lead to "changing the entire dynamic" of the club.