watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham v Bristol City 1973 Film

Started by tavytina, August 20, 2011, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...this for me is like the old TV series "All Our Yesterdays", lovely to watch and reminisce, I'm ashamed to say I'd forgotten how good a player John Cutbush was, our very own Maltese Falcon.

As ever tavytina, thanks for the memories...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

jarv

Great stuff. perhaps Jol's team should adopt the old kick off. Back to Mullery who always used to pump it across to LB. No tippy tappy around the half way line back then.

I forgot how fast Earle was. What did he do after football?

Snibbo

Thanks for that tavytina.

That 2nd Fulham goal was a beauty. What a run by Earle.

And the Bristol City goal was a touch Dempseyesque!

Travers Barney

And not a camera phone, replica shirt or stand up if you love fulham chant....fantastic!

Looked a surprisingly good crowd given the fact that dear old Brian Moore informed us that we had lost four on the spin.

Looked out for the Guards cigarerette adverts but didn't spot them.

Do not remember Barry Lloyd being as good as he looks here I must say.

Thanks for posting

We are the whites.
We are the whites

Snibbo

Quote from: Travers Barney on August 21, 2011, 07:39:15 AM

Do not remember Barry Lloyd being as good as he looks here I must say.

Always like Barry Lloyd.  Not dissimilar to Danny Murphy - hard working, creative midfielder with a touch of hostility about him.

Motspur

The thing I have noticed from all these clips is that most players were far better than I remembered them to be. That includes Cutbush, Lloyd, Ernie Howe, Busby (who I thought was useless at the time) and a couple of others. If you haven't watched the cup final (Wembley not Hamburg) I urge you to do it. At the time the game was regarded as one of the most boring in history but Fulham were excellent.

Snibbo

Quote from: Motspur on August 21, 2011, 10:18:55 AM
If you haven't watched the cup final (Wembley not Hamburg) I urge you to do it. At the time we the game was regarded as one of the most boring in history but Fulham were excellent.
I was at that cup final and came away thinking we were unlucky to lose. People laughed at me at the time. I've never dared watch it again. Maybe I should.

finnster01

Quote from: Snibbo on August 21, 2011, 11:04:52 AM
Quote from: Motspur on August 21, 2011, 10:18:55 AM
If you haven't watched the cup final (Wembley not Hamburg) I urge you to do it. At the time we the game was regarded as one of the most boring in history but Fulham were excellent.
I was at that cup final and came away thinking we were unlucky to lose. People laughed at me at the time. I've never dared watch it again. Maybe I should.

At least the weather was good.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

LBNo11

...I have the DVD of the 1975 final, and I still say we outplayed them in the first half andheld them in the second until the first goal went in. Jimmy Conway was playing injured with a lump in his groin but insisted on playing, we just ran out of steam after such a long campaign. I was, and still am proud of what we achieved to get there. COYW...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC