News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Zamora injured today....is he off??? (merged)

Started by Basil, August 21, 2011, 01:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Quote from: Crede15 on August 21, 2011, 02:20:02 PM
am I the only one who thinks Dickson's been very good so far?

Agreed, 1000% better than last time

cebu

Quote from: Logicalman on August 21, 2011, 02:25:03 PM

He's been reading this message board?

Logicalman

Quote from: cebu on August 21, 2011, 02:28:01 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on August 21, 2011, 02:25:03 PM

He's been reading this message board?

hasn't been unknown

BestOfBrede

Sky sports says Zamora being rested not injured

FatFreddysCat

The only reason i can see hee didn't play or be on the bench, and to be honest he has been well below par so a few splinters might have done him good, but i think it's obvious he's on the verge of signing for someone else (Spuds?) . Why else would he not be on the bench ? if the rumours are true he isn't injured. WE need two forwards in my book, we look very powder puff, and I'm hoping Baird will be restored very soon. God that was sheeeet wasn't it. Oh anyone else agree the fitness levels are way below what they were under Hughes?

Lighthouse

We were third to everything today. Even the Ref beat Fulham to some of the balls. BZ was closer to getting on the end of some of our passes than AJ or Dempsey. Dreadful. Still nice to see Dickson have a better game. Thought he was our best player second half. He and BZ seemed to be chatting away very happily.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

White Noise

I think it was simply to protect our most important player. After the impact of his and Dembele's injuries and the absence of AJ I think the club didn't want to give Wolves the chance to try and nobble our season again. File it alongside the Murphy 'apology' in the risk management section.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: White Noise on August 21, 2011, 05:40:48 PM
I think it was simply to protect our most important player. After the impact of his and Dembele's injuries and the absence of AJ I think the club didn't want to give Wolves the chance to try and nobble our season again. File it alongside the Murphy 'apology' in the risk management section.

Interesting, you then send out a press release and say he's injured and won't be available for Thursday either, a match he probably won't be needed for anyway.  I can see MJ in the hall with Cock, saying "just tell them he was fine all week and just this morning suddenly had a bad ankle, the Englsih will believe anything".

Aldo

If he was going to another club i would probably not expect to turn up to watch the game (unless he is going to Wolves, which I doubt!)

jarv

Freddy,
I don't think it is fitness but could be a reflection of Jol's apparent casual taining sessions. You practice how you play and play how you practice.
oh yeah, also his messing with the team. Mr Finn stated last season that Hughes makes hangeland look good. Could be dead right. Hangeland was awful today. Mind you, I have never been 100% in the Hangeland camp. Always looks too awkward with the ball at his feet.
If he was that good, he would have been taken by now.

Bilet

Quote from: jarv on August 21, 2011, 06:15:57 PM
Hangeland was awful today. Mind you, I have never been 100% in the Hangeland camp. Always looks too awkward with the ball at his feet.
If he was that good, he would have been taken by now.

I'm pretty sure Hangeland have played a major part in how good we've been the last couple of years. One game doesn't change that.

ClarksOriginal

As WN said I think it's more of a protection decision than BZ leaving. He had a serious ankle injury last year, and the year before, particularly in Europe he struggled with ankle problems. I'd rather have us lose this game and keep Bobby fit in the long term than winning/drawing this game at the expense of further injury.  092.gif
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

WhiteJC

problem is without Bobby we're well and truly cattled

with AJ and Bobby starting, Bobby is 2nd fiddle?

when Aj was crocked Bobby came into his own, he needs Mr Jol to put an arm around his shoulder and let him know how important he is to FFC

as a thought, I wouldn't have played Bobby against Wolves, we need him for the season, if this means he doesn't play in 2 games (against them) I don't mind as long as he can put in a shift the following games!

DUKE

I think MJ camp wanted to show our board that what is gonna be like if we don't get cover for him asap. Maybe is just a conspiracy theory. One thing is for sure;Bobby would have made a difference there today or someone similar to him you know a target man...... 089.gif