watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sheepskin Junior - a sneak preview

Started by Ron Sheepskin, August 21, 2011, 01:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sheepskin

Some of you may know that junior won a national competition earlier this year, centred around non playing jobs in football.

His resulting work experience days as a referee were filmed for Sky, and the programme is due to be broadcast shortly. There is a sneak preview, if anyone is interested, here:

npower's What's Your Goal winner - Louie Waldock

Despite this, and his upcoming refereeing course, his opinion on officials that don't understand foul throws remains unchanged :027:
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

Rupert

Well done to the youngster, you must be very proud of him.

Funnily enough, in my experience, while the qualified ref may, occasionally, find himself as the lone voice in the crowd saying "good call" while all around are baying for blood, when he does go ballistic about a decision, everyone who knows him realises that the ref really has screwed up and they give the hapless official even more abuse.

He's right about needing thick skin, mind, as the average football supporter's knowledge of the laws of the game is pretty poor.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Blingo

There's no cheap skin in that Sheepskin ;) Top man and WELL DONE.

Ron Sheepskin

... and for those that are interested, the programme will be on Sky Sports 3 tonight @ 7:30.

I remain hopeful that my interview remains on the cutting room floor...
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

zzamora

Brilliant, what a way to start a reffing career!

Just make sure your a Pierluigi Collina and not a Stuart Atkinson  :54:

Burt

You must be very proud of Junior, Senior.

I am looking forward to watching it later.

mrska

Mate im well impressed...  Good on ya Sheepskins..  hope he got a Fulham plug in!  Brilliant.

finnster01

Excellent for the lad. Very pleased to read that. Congrats to Jr and Sr.

I hope Phil Dowd is looking in the mirror. Mind you, I am not sure if he actually can see at all.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Airfix

Alas, I don't believe in Sky so I won't be able to watch it but his brain seems to belie his years considerably.  I bet there's a considerable lump in your throat watching that.

More power to his elbow, I say!

epsomraver

Well done to the lad, it is nice to see a well spoken confident youngster these days instead of the usual grunts and "like"

Sheepskin Junior

Full programme will be shown tonight (Thursday 1st) at 7.30 on sky sports 3
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

Burt

Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on September 01, 2011, 01:00:26 PM

What highlights should we keep an eye out for?

Classic comments, awkward moments, things you wish you hadn't of said, or wanted to say but didn't, etc.

I hope you gave FFC a good plug too  :dft011:

Ron Sheepskin

Quote from: Burt on September 01, 2011, 01:19:44 PM

Classic comments, awkward moments, things you wish you hadn't of said, or wanted to say but didn't, etc.

I should point out Burt that the director is a Chelscum fan, so don't expect any references to the Mighty Whites to have made it in!  096.gig

Burt

Quote from: Ron Sheepskin on September 01, 2011, 01:37:13 PM
Quote from: Burt on September 01, 2011, 01:19:44 PM

I should point out Burt that the director is a Chelscum fan, so don't expect any references to the Mighty Whites to have made it in!  096.gig

Oh well, no accounting for taste...  :dft011: