watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

THE PROBLEM IS......................

Started by JBH, August 22, 2011, 07:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBH

Our Captain the once great Danny Murphy has become a liability he is now only producing the goods once every 10 game, his legs have gone and his central midfield partner is having to carry him, he seems miserable all the time and to be quit honest seems to be totally dis-interested, sorry Danny either produce the goods or off to SKY as a pundit.

MJ open the vault draw out £8 mil and get PARKER  :028:

The Equalizer

I wouldn't agree that his legs have gone, but he has certainly seemed disinterested so far this season. This was also proven when he stated that he couldn't be bothered with the away game to RNK Split, and then, lo and behold, he didn't turn up and we had a crap game.

I really wonder if there are issues in the dressing room between him and Jol?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

AlFayedsChequebook

Danny is not playing his best stuff, but he has been far from shocking.

The difference with him in the team and without him in the team against Dnipro showed why he is still crucial to this team

JBH

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 22, 2011, 09:51:24 AM

The difference with him in the team and without him in the team against Dnipro showed why he is still crucial to this team

Im over 50 and could have done what DM did v Dnipro

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: JBH on August 22, 2011, 10:15:05 AM

So you have had a wildly successful footballing career then? Who did you used to play for?

JBH

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 22, 2011, 10:16:08 AM

So you have had a wildly successful footballing career then? Who did you used to play for?

Crystal Palace, Leeds and Southampton then Woking in my later years. 082.gif

Mitch

Agree. He's clearly not fit and I think we're so used to him carrying the team that when he is off form it really stands out. Remeber Everton at home when Rodwell man marked Murphy and we offered nothing going forwards? Well ever since then it's clear that without him at 100% we aren't the same team. I'd say he needs a rest more than anything, then he can get over his groin injury and start playing some of those great through balls.

Mitch

Quote from: JBH on August 22, 2011, 10:19:09 AM

If true, what a great response.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: JBH on August 22, 2011, 10:19:09 AM

And your name?

Interesting that you could have done so much better when none of our other players could replicate what Danny did once he went off

Jack Fulham

Which leads to a bigger problem of Danny Murphy being our only playmaker. Gecov isn't ready so he has to play.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

What I will say about Danny Murphy is that if we sign a replacement for him, it will have to be a similar player like Huddlestone or Carrick. If we were to sign say, a Niko Kranjcar, would he work in a 4-4-2 that a lot of the time turns into a 4-2-2-2 with Etuhu/Sidwell and Murphy/Kranjcar holding? I don't think so.

If we signed someone like Kranjcar, we'd be looking at a wide man or Second Striker. We wouldn't want him out wide because he's not the kind of wide player we need, we need a SWP or a Gael Kakuta. We've been linked for Bryan Ruiz but that's close to £13m with NO Premier League experience. Would be a risk and I'd rather get a Kakuta on loan to free up funds to buy a Defoe.

We also need a RB, especially with Baird looking likely to leave and Aaron Hughes not being a great idea to play there. I'd take any of the 3 Spurs RB's (Hutton, Corluka, Walker). Some on FoF have said Nathaniel Clyne, I'd be in favour of that move too, he's playing a league below his quality.

I'm going to be very interested by the line up vs Dnipro and our Carling Cup 3rd round game, be interesting to see if Jol does try something different in the knowing of Danny Murphy's legs going.

9 days of the Transfer Window left, not like I'm counting.

bigalffc

We have two major problems in that if Danny Murphy and or Bobby Zamora are injured/unfit/uninterested we have nothing else to offer. We urgently need prem quality playmaker and Striker 090.gif
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum