https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Overwhelmingly negative reactions...

Started by Crita, August 23, 2011, 07:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitch

Quote from: The Bronsons on August 23, 2011, 02:41:01 PM
Quote from: jarv on August 23, 2011, 02:34:01 PM
I feel the negativity was more to do with the team's performance than the result. let's face it, that was a WOEFUL performance by all. We have come to expect more from Fulham these days after 3 fantastic seasons. Fulham being "Fulhamish" is ok, when tongue in cheek and we are in a good position. Not exactly what the doctor ordered on Sunday.

This +1. Surely no Fulham fan expects to win away against anybody in the Prem. But we do expect to be competitive and we expect to be tough to beat. We've seen what can be done with an average squad and above-average organisation, and fear that the latter is being unpicked. 

I think that is why the response was so negative. It wasn't just a loss, it was a loss with four or five really dissapointng points and very few plus points. I'm sure we will go through vs Dnipro and lose to Newcastle (as expected, but please prove me wrong FFC!) then start to pick up points at home with the odd one or two away once Jol has found his team and the way he wants them to play. It's going to be a big re-structure for the club and that's been coming for a while, it's just unfortunate for Jol that he is the man that needs to do it, because it's a hard task.

LordNelson

Quote from: Yarden on August 23, 2011, 09:28:29 AM
We always lose against Wolves away, no surpise there. The thing we need though is another striker. We got no attacking play at all when Zamora is out.

I don't think it was just that we lost.  We really stank the joint up and we know we are capable of much better performances, away or not.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

LBNo11

...the other matter is substitutions, why not make use of them when things are obviously not working, but wait, who could have come on as a striker from the bench available..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

TonyGilroy

Quote from: LBNo11 on August 23, 2011, 04:23:16 PM
...the other matter is substitutions, why not make use of them when things are obviously not working, but wait, who could have come on as a striker from the bench available..?

He made two at half time at Wolves.

Lighthouse

When will all these threads being negative about negativity stop.  They are depressing.  090.gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope