more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Briggs in the England U21 squad

Started by dancrawford, August 24, 2011, 06:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dancrawford

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/08/briggs-earns-england-u21-call/

Really chuffed for Matthew. He's a had great start to this season and deserves a chance to show what he can do at under-21 level. He seems a very grounded lad too.

Hope this a big season for him.

Scrumpy

Absolutely. Briggs has impressed me this season, having worked hard over the summer to build his bulk and fitness. I like him more as a left midfielder than a full back. But he definately has 'something' and I think he will make it at Premier League level. :clap_hands:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

HatterDon

Hope he gets some pitch time. A young FB getting some coaching by Psycho ain't a bad thing either.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Quills

Great news - cheered my morning up considerably!

Andy_M

Briggs has deserved this call up, he's been pretty impressive so far and this can only help further his development.
@got_maile

Me-ate-Live, innit??

so he is not in the Ukraine tonight ???

Mitch

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 24, 2011, 09:19:35 PM
Absolutely. Briggs has impressed me this season, having worked hard over the summer to build his bulk and fitness. I like him more as a left midfielder than a full back. But he definately has 'something' and I think he will make it at Premier League level. :clap_hands:

Odd, hated him at left wing as I thought he offered much more overlapping from left back. Looked a bit lost as to where he should be positioning himself when playing left wing.

Still, very happy for him, he's deserved it with his performances for us thus far.

elgreenio

Quote from: KCat on August 25, 2011, 09:37:13 AM

he is in Ukraine tonight, the games aren't until next week. Good to see that Gibbs is injured and not sure about Bertrand but he's not in the squad. Looks like he'll have the left back spot in the bag
touch my camera through the fence

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Thank you  :54:..just saw the training photos ...pasted them to the Zamora thread

LBNo11

...congratulations to Briggsy, I like the cut of his jib and he will get better. I hope we can keep him for another season or two as he develops further. Will Stockdale get a call up to play alongside him..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

elgreenio

Quote from: LBNo11 on August 25, 2011, 10:27:59 AM
...congratulations to Briggsy, I like the cut of his jib and he will get better. I hope we can keep him for another season or two as he develops further. Will Stockdale get a call up to play alongside him..?

in the full national team? maybe someday, Cole, Baines, Gibbs, Bertrand, then probably Briggs in the pecking order
touch my camera through the fence

dancrawford

Quote from: KCat on August 25, 2011, 09:37:13 AM

He's definitely in the Ukraine tonight - the call-up is for games in early September.

Meerkat

Great news really pleased for the lad he deserves it.

cebu

Well done the lad! Now let's make sure he doesn't wander off to a bigger club.