watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you rather...

Started by Matt, August 24, 2011, 11:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

...lose and go out tomorrow and win on Sunday? Or go through tomorrow and loose on Sunday?
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

ImperialWhite

Oi!  063.gif No  086.gif

Would anyone really go out of Europa for the sake of 3pts away?

FatFreddysCat

"we're all going on a European tour" Credit card at the ready for fridays draw  :beer:

Matt

Quote from: ImperialWhite on August 24, 2011, 11:25:21 PM
Oi!  063.gif No  086.gif

Would anyone really go out of Europa for the sake of 3pts away?

I actually think there could be someone on here, let's see.

AlFayedsChequebook

Go through in Europe every time.

I would take relegation if we won the Europa League

Matt

Couldn't agree more, fella's. But I'm still waiting for someone that holds the PL higher and says Europe might be bad...

ImperialWhite

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 24, 2011, 11:31:47 PM

+1.

Just. I'd worry that we wouldn't be able to get back up, but it would probably be worth it anyway.

Fulham Football Club, champions of Europe (sort of).

FatFreddysCat

Same here. I really enjoyed romping the Championship rather than never having a chance of getting within 30 points of winning the Premiership. Can we win the Europa , get relegated, but piss the Championship the following season?

Matt

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on August 24, 2011, 11:36:40 PM

Same here. I really enjoyed romping the Championship rather than never having a chance of getting within 30 points of winning the Premiership. Can we win the Europa , get relegated, but piss the Championship the following season?

Don't think I would care that much, really. If we ever won something that would be the final touch of being Fulham. As long as the friends still are at the club it doesn't matter which league you play in. Especially not after a trophy.

ScalleysDad

Its funny how things go round and come back differently. There are some laid back thoughts on the R word at the moment but I recall when The 'Great Escape' year had the threat of relegation for most of it there was talk of a lemming like mass suicide off of Putney Bridge. Very few people accepted that life would go on and in the Championship where we would all be more chilled and laid back with a target of securing a top six slot or romping a top two slot. A season of transistion thrown in and we would still be in a favourable position.
La de dahSuch heresy then seems to be a reluctantly accepted possibilty now.
The big thing of course is the getting out of the Championship. A Reading mate of mine is resigned to another year or two and the chilled aura has been replaced by an annoyed stare everytime he is up until 1am watching his league on the tele.

Personally a good Euro run and survival ................. good grief how boring is that getting. Like FFC says Win the Euro, rattle some cages, go down fighting on some dodgy decision and secure promotion in February and finish on 110 points with the youngsters steered by H&H.  

Matt

Quote from: ScalleysDad on August 24, 2011, 11:55:53 PM
Its funny how things go round and come back differently. There are some laid back thoughts on the R word at the moment but I recall when The 'Great Escape' year had the threat of relegation for most of it there was talk of a lemming like mass suicide off of Putney Bridge...

But then Europe and titles (even if it's most unlikely even now) weren't on the map. Now we need to avoid losing 3-0 or by four goals to get to the group stages in an European cup for the second time in three years. I love the Premier League, I do. But that isn't the reason why I'm going to Newcastle on Sunday. If a European title would mean relegation I would take it any day. I would say that the chance of getting back to Premier League would be bigger than winning (or even qualifying for) an European cup, if it wasn't for the Fair Play League.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Matt on August 25, 2011, 12:04:30 AM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on August 24, 2011, 11:55:53 PM
Its funny how things go round and come back differently. There are some laid back thoughts on the R word at the moment but I recall when The 'Great Escape' year had the threat of relegation for most of it there was talk of a lemming like mass suicide off of Putney Bridge...

But then Europe and titles (even if it's most unlikely even now) weren't on the map. Now we need to avoid losing 3-0 or by four goals to get to the group stages in an European cup for the second time in three years. I love the Premier League, I do. But that isn't the reason why I'm going to Newcastle on Sunday. If a European title would mean relegation I would take it any day. I would say that the chance of getting back to Premier League would be bigger than winning (or even qualifying for) an European cup, if it wasn't for the Fair Play League.
A big plus 1, I've seen us in every division, but never seen us win anything proper. I'd die a happy man if i can look back just before i kick the bucket knowing i saw us as Champions of Europe (ok the crap version, but it'd mean the World to me). No matter what division we're in  most of us will stay Fulham , those that jump ship if it goes tits up we dont want anyhow, so why not one season of glory?

ScalleysDad

Matt. fair enough and good point.
I was going to fly up to Newcastle, part of being the big five 0 this year I can blag anything, but we have ditched that idea in light of the possibilty of lots of Thursdays and Sundays coming up. The Citeh game might have to be sacrificed as well as the fares have gone up quite a bit whilst waiting for kick off confirmation. Enjoy the experience. Its flippin noisey especially if they go one, two or even three behind.

Lighthouse

I don't think I need to comment. It still staggers me that fans would take a poor finish in the Premier League and even relegation to win the league cup of Europe. I am so out of touch it appears on this. But no Prem football no fan base, no chance of European football and no hope of playing the top sides. Still you may all get your wish. You mad people you.  092.gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cebu

Birmingham fans have seen it actually happen - you really think they're happy in the Championship?   092.gif

clintclintdeuce

The Dude abides.

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: ImperialWhite on August 24, 2011, 11:35:01 PM

+1.

Just. I'd worry that we wouldn't be able to get back up, but it would probably be worth it anyway.

Fulham Football Club, champions of Europe (sort of).

Win the super cup, absolute champions of europe
The Dude abides.

jarv

3 points for me (and many more). Fulham are on tv almost every week in USA. If they went down, I would not be able to watch any more. It would be a future of listening to GJ (not a bad thing). 082.gif

finnster01

I think the answer to that is pretty much along a big consensus for the Europa.

But lets forget relegation for a minute, what if you would have to pick winning Europa League over the FA Cup?

I think the former is probably the harder feat depending on how you look at it, but having my first real Fulham memory of my dad taking me to Wembley on a sunny day in May in 1975, going back and watch my Fulham hoist that trophy will make me cry for weeks. I would have to say the FA Cup. It means more to me as a fan personally, and remember I was at the final in Hamburg too.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

rhyspabsolom

Quote from: jarv on August 25, 2011, 03:06:34 AM
It would be a future of listening to GJ (not a bad thing). 082.gif

Thought you meant GlassJAw for a moment.
Now that would be a fine existence.