https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Papiss Cisse

Started by AlFayedsChequebook, August 25, 2011, 10:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 25, 2011, 02:53:24 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 25, 2011, 02:30:32 PM

Plus Russia is an absolute black hole when it comes to players - they got there and disappear off the face of the earth.

hm...i don't think so....honestly: Football in Russia has improved heavily. Kuranyi, Eto'o, Dzszudszak, Carlos Eduardo, Criscito, Keisuke Honda, Vagner Love, Misimovic, Bousoufa, Bocchetti....all players who could play their part at any Premier League team...

Oh, and I agree with Mitch..Gradel, one of the strikers and a RB.

I am not saying that the players who go there are not good, just they drop off the face of the earth in terms of relevance. When was the last time a big name player moved from Russia to a major team in Europe and was a success?

(Arshavin does not count as he shone at the Euro's)

MJG

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 25, 2011, 02:48:04 PM
Heres an option £15M for Cisse or £15M on Hutton, Kranjcar and Crouch,(by the way I would only pay £10M for those three but its an example) what would you go for.

We maybe just might get those 3 for £15M although I reckon that's optimistic but it's hard to see Crouch accepting our pay structure and the other two quite likely earn more than our top earners.

We need players who really want to come to FFC and they are either experienced players for whom money is not god, journeymen or youngsters on the up.

When it gets to an auction either on fee or salary then we're not going to be the winners and that's probably right.

I agree with all that, just really saying that I would be surprised if Mo pays £15M for one player and yes we will lose out on any type of auction.

MJG

Also i would expect word within the football world, would have now got round that we want/need a striker so most clubs will up any price when we enquire.

The King

hm...i don't think so....honestly: Football in Russia has improved heavily. Kuranyi, Eto'o, Dzszudszak, Carlos Eduardo, Criscito, Keisuke Honda, Vagner Love, Misimovic, Bousoufa, Bocchetti....all players who could play their part at any Premier League team...

Not to forget Danny, Doumbia, AKINFEEV, Dzagoev, Lazovic, Bruno Alves, Zhevnov, McGeady, and so on. Zenit and CSKA would be top-7 in England IMO, Anzhi could be in the Champions League next season, Spartak, Lokomotiv, Dinamo are also very tough teams and we would have a very tough time against any of those. The Russian league is improving all the time, they could very well take over for example France in ten years with the money all the clubs have.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: MJG on August 25, 2011, 03:06:29 PM
Also i would expect word within the football world, would have know got round that we want/need a striker so most clubs will up any price when we enquire.

That's got to be right but by next week as the window closes the clubs who want or need to sell will start moderating their demands.

That's why deals so often happen at the last minute (or for Harry the next day)

MJG

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 25, 2011, 03:12:33 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 25, 2011, 03:06:29 PM
Also i would expect word within the football world, would have know got round that we want/need a striker so most clubs will up any price when we enquire.

That's got to be right but by next week as the window closes the clubs who want or need to sell will start moderating their demands.

That's why deals so often happen at the last minute (or for Harry the next day)
Sky Sports News it is then, I'm sure one day we will see Jim White explode live on air.

FulhamMic

Quote from: MJG on August 25, 2011, 02:41:12 PM
I think Roy was pretty much given whatever he wanted (And EJ) in that first transfer window when he arrived so not sure I would agree he's any different with Jol than he was with Roy at this moment in time. When the summer came Roy again was able to spend money.

I meant the way he's embraced Jol, the way he speaks of him, how he invited him to his home and gave him the key to the cottage, the relentless chase to get his man. That's a first as far as I can remember.

Quote from: MJG on August 25, 2011, 02:41:12 PMtwice in eleven years, but on both occasions they have been a great sucess have they, one ended up pretty much costing the manager he's job and a court case and the other is still here running down blind alleys.
I hope he does spend big, but remember BZ only cost what..about £5M,so spend big does not always mean it works and we have to make sure its right. I would prefer we spent 15M on three first XI players than 1 hit or miss striker.
Heres an option £15M for Cisse or £15M on Hutton, Kranjcar and Crouch,(by the way I would only pay £10M for those three but its an example) what would you go for.

That was my point; both had failed but it's not like he was spending that on a single player every summer. With regards what we paid for BZ, it was what he was worth at the time not what he's worth now. He wasn't anywhere near the player he is now when we picked him up and it took him a year to find his feet.

There's absolutely no way you'd get all three for 15 million. Crouch is English so his price is instantly inflated. Then there's Redknap who always likes to value his players far more than they're actually worth, so there's some more inflation. Afterall they told Stoke 18 million for Palacios and Crouch.

elgreenio

Money in Russia has improved heavily

sorted that for you ;)
touch my camera through the fence

FulhamMic

Keisuke Honda ... Vagner Love

Would those be the same Honda and Love that continuously issue come and get me plea's to the top teams in Europe each and every transfer window?

FulhamMic

Quote from: The King on August 25, 2011, 03:09:32 PM
The Russian league is improving all the time, they could very well take over for example France in ten years with the money all the clubs have.

Precisely! Doesn't bode well for someone whose been quoted as saying he wants to play in a better quality league now does it. If he goes to Russia it'll be for the money, not because the league he'll be playing in could be on a par with the league he's leaving, in ten years.