more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Papiss Cisse

Started by AlFayedsChequebook, August 25, 2011, 10:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

According to Sky

Freiburg chairman Fritz Keller has confirmed three foreign clubs have tabled bids for in-demand striker Papiss Demba Cisse.

The Senegal international has been linked with the likes of Blackburn, Sunderland and Fulham, who all play in the Premier League.

Freiburg are believed to want in the region of £13.5million for the 26-year-old who is under contract until June 2014.

Cisse has also bagged four goals in just three appearances for Freiburg this season while he has 32 in 18 months with the Bundesliga side.

Keller insists the club are going to study the offers carefully, stating they are not necessarily going to sell simply because offers are in.

Offers

"We have received three concrete offers for the services of Papiss Demba Cisse," Keller told Deutsche Presseagentur.

"All three are from clubs in foreign leagues.

"We are going to consider these offers calmly, but this doesn't necessarily mean we are definitely going to sell him."

Cisse's agent Guido Nickolay told BILD: "I'm actually on a journey abroad. In this case I am looking into everything and I hope that in the end every party involved is satisfied."

----
Good to see the chairman has not come out and said our bid was unacceptable.

Also interesting that all three bids are from abroad.

FulhamMic

Also curious that he pluralises leagues, suggesting the three bids aren't all necessarily from the Premier League.

With Jol being well known in the Bundesliga and us being in Europe then out of the three clubs mentioned I'd say we are probably best placed. The only stumbling block could be wages (although can't see Freiburg paying huge amounts) in which case Sunderland, if they have bid, may represent stiff competition.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FulhamMic on August 25, 2011, 10:43:57 AM
Also curious that he pluralises leagues, suggesting the three bids aren't all necessarily from the Premier League.

With Jol being well known in the Bundesliga and us being in Europe then out of the three clubs mentioned I'd say we are probably best placed. The only stumbling block could be wages (although can't see Freiburg paying huge amounts) in which case Sunderland, if they have bid, may represent stiff competition.

The thing with Sunderland is that they have already spent big on strikers this summer (Wickham for £9m) and last (Gyan for £12m I think) so I am not sure the board is ready to part with a whole load more cash - especially when Bruce is living up to his average/poor manager tag.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Cisse..........???
I hope he drank his milk and eat up all of his green as a small boy

elgreenio

don't think i'd read too much into tiny things like that Mic as it's probably been translated by Paul Merson or some other illiterate Sky bod
touch my camera through the fence

dancrawford

Quote from: elgreenio on August 25, 2011, 10:56:30 AM
don't think i'd read too much into tiny things like that Mic as it's probably been translated by Paul Merson or some other illiterate Sky bod

It's being reported in France that one of the bids is from PSG.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: dancrawford on August 25, 2011, 10:59:42 AM
Quote from: elgreenio on August 25, 2011, 10:56:30 AM

It's being reported in France that one of the bids is from PSG.

Uh oh.

Oh well, looks like he will be going there then. :(

FulhamMic

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 25, 2011, 11:04:53 AMUh oh.

I think it depends on whether he's driven by money or not. If he wants to play in a better league then his only options are England or Spain. The French league is no better than the German (some would argue worse) and it's not like PSG can lure him with the promise of Champions League football as like us they're in the Europa League.

I strongly believe the perception of Jol in the Bundesliga may well play a part if this is substantially more than a rumour.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FulhamMic on August 25, 2011, 11:16:29 AM

I think it depends on whether he's driven by money or not. If he wants to play in a better league then his only options are England or Spain. The French league is no better than the German (some would argue worse) and it's not like PSG can lure him with the promise of Champions League football as like us they're in the Europa League.

I strongly believe the perception of Jol in the Bundesliga may well play a part if this is substantially more than a rumour.

I hope you are right, but he will surely look at PSG and think that they will be in the Champions League next season, along with him getting a bucket load of money. Also, he has previously played in France for Metz.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: FulhamMic on August 25, 2011, 11:16:29 AM

Ligue 1 is a lower standard than the Bundesliga for sure, but at PSG he will win stuff - and they will very probably be Champions League regulars from next season onwards.

FulhamMic

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 25, 2011, 11:22:45 AM
I hope you are right, but he will surely look at PSG and think that they will be in the Champions League next season, along with him getting a bucket load of money. Also, he has previously played in France for Metz.

Quote from: ImperialWhite on August 25, 2011, 11:25:09 AM
Ligue 1 is a lower standard than the Bundesliga for sure, but at PSG he will win stuff - and they will very probably be Champions League regulars from next season onwards.

If he really wants to further his career and play for the best teams in Europe then it's got the be the Premier League. As much as I hate to admit it, if he came to us he wouldn't be a long term acquisition and there's no better place to put yourself in the shop window for teams like Man Utd, Chelsea ét al than scoring against them in their own league :57:

Mr Fulham

Freiburg have rejected our offer.

It was way too low according to sporting director Dufner.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 25, 2011, 01:23:01 PM

It looks like the other bids were rejected too - From Rubin Kazan and a french side (PSG).

The Equalizer

Hardly surprising...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Mr Fulham

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 25, 2011, 01:36:20 PM

It looks like the other bids were rejected too - From Rubin Kazan and a french side (PSG).

It says from Fulham, Kasan and another foreign (non-german) side. I bet our bid was the poorest... :dead horse:

mike_f

FulhamMic

It's how a negotiation generally starts. Low bid, rejected ... slightly higher bid, rejected ... slightly higher bid, rejected etc etc

AlFayedsChequebook

http://www.ftd.de/sport/fussball/1bundesliga/news/:cisse-poker-angebote-an-freiburg-nicht-hoch-genug/60095523.html

offers to Freiburg is not high enough
The poker game for the change-willing Freiburg striker Demba Cissé Papiss continues. "As of today, it is certain that he will stay," said sports director Dirk Dufner, SC.

"We deal but out of respect for the player with the offers for him. But from the height and her constellation is none, which allows us to be weak. "Reportedly want to commit the English club Fulham FC, Rubin Kazan from Russia and another international organization's 26-year-old Senegalese. Cisse has the Bundesliga club have a valid contract until 2014. The transfer period ends on 31 August.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: FulhamMic on August 25, 2011, 01:41:42 PM

It's how a negotiation generally starts. Low bid, rejected ... slightly higher bid, rejected ... slightly higher bid, rejected etc etc

less than a week to go...

Another Peter Crouch --> David Elm moment, innit? 063.gif

mike_f